Awesome 13 year old girl in MMA!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

mma_ben
    Post subject: Awesome 13 year old girl in MMA! Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:04 pm

You have to see this 13 girl. Her name is Megan Anderson. She is a future champion in womens’ MMA.
    She beats a boy and a 29 year old woman. Here are the videos. One is about a boy the rest is her.

http://www.fightergirls.com

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:47 am

something really weird about seeing a 13 year old fight a 29 year old.

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:30 am

There was a 10 yr old kid at Team Freedom that had to start coming to the adult classes, he was just that good. I think the hard part is the adult holding back, like mentally is it wierd to fight a kid? Just a thought. But to be that good at 13…..looks like she has quite a future.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:40 pm

Maybe she is talented, but nevertheless I wasn’t impressed by her (weak) opponents.
    Saying that a 13 year old can be a future champion, is far to early for that.

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

I would never be able to fight a 13yr old with everything, no matter HOW good they were.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:15 pm

Either don’t lower yourself to fighting children or if you do then blast the kid and don’t hold back like that adult was obviously doing.

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:27 pm

I would have to agree with you satanico, I mean if you have your 13 yr old child out there fighting men and grown women or if the child wants to fight adults then he/she should be hit like an adult. I personally wouldn’t fight a 13 yr old because I have a 13 yr old and that would be weird but if I was left to fight him/her, then its all MMA/NHB baby…………………..

themannon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:23 pm

there’s something wrong about kids doing MMA period, IMO.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:48 pm

bingo! pretty whacked

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:41 am
    Pro Fighter

LOL, champion? The women’s side of the sport needs another 5-10 years of organization before there will be any championships for the girl to win. Which is exactly about the time she should be getting into mma. Kids should stick with BJJ, Wrestling, and maybe kickbixing- if there’s a youth program. MMA has no place for children, even young teens. Like it or not there are some dangerous aspects of the sport. And child/adult matchups are even more messed up than the freak show men/women bouts you see all over the internet- which 9 out of ten times (maybe even more) is just fetish smile. Kids should train with and compete against kids- not adults.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:06 pm
    Pro Fighter

themannon wrote:
    We have modified pankration tournaments here and have our kids compete all the time. There’s no face contact or knee strikes. Most submissions are ok. No ground striking. It’s a good way to let them try out the skills that they’ve been training without really getting hurt.

We once were faced with a situation where one of our girls, 12 had no one in her division and chose to fight a 17 year old. It was a tough fight, but she won.

Putting an adult with a child is totally different. Personally I wouldn’t let one of our kids do it, but we don’t know who these people are.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:57 pm

this is why this need CLOSE regulation. the weirdest thing about those clips was what i guess the was the girls’ mom getting into it. sports-parents are the WORST. they should be banned from kids’ games

themannon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Pankration_MuayThai wrote:
    themannon wrote:
    We have modified pankration tournaments here and have our kids compete all the time. There’s no face contact or knee strikes. Most submissions are ok. No ground striking. It’s a good way to let them try out the skills that they’ve been training without really getting hurt.

That sounds cool. Very different from the video we saw.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:05 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

if you watch the video/
    you see- no punches to the face
    which is good/ when fighters are young/
    in 5 years she might be a great fighter/
    …in china and russia
    they train their gymnast from 1st grade
    to become world champions/
    a 13 yr old in an event
    with no punches to the face
    is not that shocking/
    i hope to see her when she is 18
    fighting the best in female mma
    …the fight against the guy was impressive
    ..she needs to be more aggressive on takedowns/
    since/ the rules are only punches to the body/ great video///

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:04 pm

u are obviously NOT a parent

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:19 pm

Both of my children train BJJ and kickboxing, and spar with other children their size and age. My daughter is a bit squeamish and hates sparring, my son however takes punches and it doesn’t bother him. They have been training for about 5 years, only for self defense purposes and discipline. I doubt either one will grow up to be a competitive fighter, but they are learning the fundamentals and it has helped them grow. All children are different. I don’t agree with children fighting adults, as I said it would be wierd. I couldn’t hit a child and go 100%. But I do believe some kids advance to a level where they can train with adults and benefit from it. I don’t think it’s fair to criticize anyone for their choices as parents. We all do things differently.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?