Erin’s Comments :(

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

shelly
    Post subject: Erin’s Comments 🙁  PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:22 pm

I was reading this on a forum and was wondering why all the techniqe comments?

Erin Posted this:

Ward x Yoshida: The best “most technical fight” was Ward x Yoshida. Ward didn’t have a lot of striking, but it was good and accurate when she did. Her wrestling was amazing and she does not “look like a girl”. She did has some nice slams and we could see she was looking for even bigger ones, but Yoshidas experience stuffed them a bit. Ward was like a lil Matt Hughes. I really liked her style especially since a lot fo girls don’t fight like that! My husband who is a long time wrestler was also very impressed. The only defense Yoshida put up was in the last round! She actually did really well and it could have been a different fight if she did that all 5 rounds.
    Roxanne x Cassandra Blasso(?) They announced Roxanne as the best p4p female in the 135 division so I was really expecting a good fighter. Blasso who had 1 loss, and no other fights, apparently was a very experienced grappler….and she was. She took Roxanne to school in 3, maybe 4 rounds, of the 5 round fight. She was also outstriking Roxy and was basically a better fighter. Neither had wrestling experience, but both looked capable on the ground w/ BJJ – Blasso much more so. Myself along with the 25 people we sat near could not understand how Roxanne won that fight. She might have won 2 rounds, but definitely not three. The one thing Roxy really needs to work on is striking and distance – she throws and runs stright in so the punches are missing and she’s really off balance. When Blasso threw, it was not a lot, but it was straight and it connected many times. Roxy has very sloppy punches and standup… maybe if she worked on that she could claim the “best p4p title”, but Blasso clearly out grappled and out punched her. I was very impressed w/ Blasso and she has a great future as well.

Yoko Takahashi x Jen Case: Was very dissaponited that Yoko did not put up more of a fight with her ground defense. She has fought a lot of great opponents so I was a bit surprised. But she could have won just for presentation LOL She came out very entertaining just like the Japanese love to do…it was great. Jen Case does not like to get hit, and Yoko hit her w/ a lot of clean shots that bloodied her nose. Case would just bull rush and try to take her down and would pull guard. Case threw some very nice elbows from the bottom guard, but it was over pretty fast. Jen taps Yoko via armbar

I don’t recall a lot of the other fights. But Sophie Bagadheri(?) and Crystal Harris had a war!! It was awesome. They beat each other up standing for three rounds. Harris has no technique, but that girl has heart. Sophie has heart and if she keeps training, will have a great future. She had some nice technique and had a good concept of angles and ring movement…very nice and surprising.

Brittney Pullem is now 0-3 (pretty blonde girl from MSNBC show) and should clearly never fight again. She got one of the worst KO’s I have seen from Evinger, and was twitiching on the floor within 16 seconds of the match. It really worried me. Evinger looks tough, but could not tell cause it ended so quickly.

It was fun watching the other girls. Not a lot of technique, but they looked like they were having fun and just glad to be there. It was a nice first show from Invincible and Eddie Millis and it will be very successful in the future!!

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:24 am
    Instructor

😯 ….. 🙄

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:18 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

um…yeah?

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:54 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

i think brit should hang up the gloves/
    concussion and convulsions dont mix
    she moves like a robot predictable
    i think when she kicks her guard is down
    her movement to cover is slow
    one mistake i saw julie do
    is look at your enemies leg
    that is a no no
    you look at their leg
    they are staring at your eyes
    you will get hit/ julie did it once to carano
    —i like brit–i like her spirit..but take care of the brain
    right now i am studying the brain
    ,,,,go to http://www.neurorelief.com
    ,,but brit—hang up the gloves or correct those mistakes—

femalefightfan
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:16 pm

From what I saw of Brittany’s fighting on the MSNBC show (taped it and watched it quite a few times for her part only), and the photos that were posted here of the fatalfemmesfight on the 17th, it looks like she doesn’t keep her hands up and thus gets shots to the face / head.

It sounds like instead of a KO, she got a KTFO (knocked the F@CK out) in the FFF fight on 2/17!

In the FFF thread, someone posted a link to the CBS news story, and part of the news story shows her hitting the mat, but not her actual knockout punch. Then it showed her afterward, saying that you don’t feel the knockout happening. She should know, I guess!

I have tried to call the FFF phone number and looked at their “website” (one of the most half assed sites I’ve ever seen), and haven’t learned anything about getting a DVD or VHS of the FFF fight from 2/17. Don’t care what it costs, I WANT IT!!! I left a couple messages on the FFF answering machine but haven’t been called back. Tried calling the J.I.M.M LLC place that filmed the fights, but have found no contact info there either.

Does anyone know anything about a VHS or DVD of the 2/17 FFF fight?

In another topic posted here for the benefit fight in April, there’s a girl named Ashly Altman who has a 3-6 record, so she’s not all that great either. I tried to find info on her on the FC fighter database, but there was nothing. Anyone got a link for me on her or the other girls?

I’d like to go see those fights in person, but it’s 300 miles 1 way.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:08 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    I have tried to call the FFF phone number and looked at their “website” (one of the most half assed sites I’ve ever seen), and haven’t learned anything about getting a DVD or VHS of the FFF fight from 2/17. Don’t care what it costs, I WANT IT!!! I left a couple messages on the FFF answering machine but haven’t been called back. Tried calling the J.I.M.M LLC place that filmed the fights, but have found no contact info there either.

Does anyone know anything about a VHS or DVD of the 2/17 FFF fight?
    If the video is going to be done professionally it’ll take some time to come out. Just be patient; I’m sure they’ll want to advertise when it becomes available.

Quote:
    In another topic posted here for the benefit fight in April, there’s a girl named Ashly Altman who has a 3-6 record, so she’s not all that great either. I tried to find info on her on the FC fighter database, but there was nothing.
    Ashly posts on this site. I’m sure she can tell you whatever you want to know. Oh, and don’t let records fool you – she may have fought the toughest women in her weight class right off the bat. The records don’t always tell the truth.

femalefightfan
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:54 pm

Yes, if Ashly is here I’d like to hear all about it. Her fights, who she fought, who won and lost and in what way, etc. If she has any links to web pages with her info or anything else like that, that’d be good too.

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:58 pm
    less internet
    Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 pm

Erin gives her opinion very frankly and I don’t think she means to disparage her peers. She gave a good account of fighting and perspective on the MSNBC show along with Debbi. Her standing and record carry weight and the comments could affect how the competitor is viewed in public.

I was surprised on her writng that Roxy and Blasso are both good grapplers though Blasso is much better. Roxy might have the best U.S BJJ/grappling record in her class and competed at ADCC.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:16 pm

kyra gracie and cassandra blaso will fight

should be a great match—–

..i would like to see erin fight rosangela conceicao

…..that would be my christmas present….either grapple or mma///

..lets put this match …on our to do list///

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:03 am
    Pro Fighter

I’ve gotten mixed reports from everyone. My coach said I rocked, I thought it was basically a draw, Erin thought I lost, I dunno. I didn’t feel like I was losing, but I didn’t feel like I was dominating. *shrug* I really have no idea until I see the tape. It’s all totally different from the fighter’s perspective. I KNOW a DVD is being made. The FFF have great sponsors, but yeah their website sucks.

Brittney had the misfortune to be matched against Evinger two times. Give her someone else!

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:43 pm

Wow Erin!
    That was a little harsh!!!
    Chad

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:14 am
    Pro Fighter

Isn’t it usually a little harsh coming from Erin?

When trying to promote one of the highest level shows for women around it would be pure suicide to have someone on camera saying so many negative things about the fighters, I thought her write up was very counter productive to what the women’s side of the sport is trying to do right now. Especially coming from a female fighter.

Now what was it my Momma always said? Something like……”If you don’t have anything nice to say…….”

Erin
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:46 am
    Pro Fighter

Last edited by Erin on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:35 am

Our managment has been talking w/ the top promoters right now and we know exactly what they want and what they don’t; what women they will never have fight for them; and what manager who is repping some of you girls who they will NEVER use.

Erin if you are referring to ME, why not just go ahead and USE my name I will tell you this. your negativity spreads like s disease. Why not go spread your disease somewhere where peole care about it.

As for me as always the proof is in the pudding as for you, its alway talk. One thig for sure the girls that I manage know I care about them 100% and will do everything in my power to help them and this sport change for the women. Un-likeyou YOU I am not just in this for myself !

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:00 am

Also to an women reading this It has been rough to get the girls I manage a fair pay-day to fight on these so called big women shows, often its me screaming at them LOL trying to get fair pay.

I will be honest and say I have caused some waves along the road to go to bat for the girls because I do not think if someone is going to subjecte the women and make money off of us they cant not afford to pay basic pays and medicals..

These promoters are not doing shows because they want to help US women grow the sport; they are doing it to make a buck. Guess what???there is nothing wrong with that but in gong to your negotiations please remember this and DO not sell yourself short. If everyone sticks together and asks for certain pay we can change it for everyone!!!!!!!!!!.

Also Keep training ladies the opportunities for us are GROWING> Also e-mail me if your looking to fight, I have got some big things coming up and am working with most of the top women to help change things.

PS. I am managing Blasco now she’s going to be my competition is Abu Dahbi. Even though we are fighting I love that girl. And will promote her to the best of my abilities look for great things from her and my girls we are rockin

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:19 pm

femalefightfan wrote:
    Yes, if Ashly is here I’d like to hear all about it. Her fights, who she fought, who won and lost and in what way, etc. If she has any links to web pages with her info or anything else like that, that’d be good too.
    PM sent 🙂

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

Just to clarify:
    I never said I would kick her ass, try not to put words in my mouth.
    I said that I would have killed for the Carano fight. I tried very hard to get it.
    I have much respect for both of those ladies, they fought a good hard fight.
    My critism of the Carano/Kedzie fight was that they billed Kedzie as being a BJJ ground fighter. The network picked a girl with a good stand up game (Julie), pitted her against a girl with a great stand up game(Carano) and tried to play it off like it was an old UFC “style war”. In reality Gina and Julie’s styles are pretty similar, save for julie’s great ground and pound.
    And they kept calling Julie “the smart one” Julie is very pretty too.
    Taking nothing away from Julie, Good fighter that she is, it was a bad match up for her. She has fought some really tough girls, in a couple of weight classes, but was practically hand picked to lose this fight, between the rules, round length, size difference, and style match up.

ERIN: I never said you weren’t entitled to your opinions, or even not entitled to express them, just that it would be stupid for a promotion (any promotion) to have your negative comments be a representation of women’s fighting, especially if they wanted to make money off of the women’s fighting.

About us fighting in June, don’t you think there should be signed contracts, or even official offers before you go announcing something like that?
    If you think that Gina would “pick me a part” Why don’t you fight her next, she can fight at 150lbs, and get off of my case? I’ve said it to you a hundred times, if you want the fight to happen between us, have the promoters deal with my managment. If a promotion wants it they can negotiate for it. Stop sending me PM’s, and MYspace messages trying to be all buddy buddy, with your woman to woman, “lets just do this” bull shit. That fake nice crap doesn’t work on me. I don’t accept underpaid fights because of a little bit of smack talk on a forum either.

So take that and chew on it while I’m having a blast in the cage this weekend fighting an awesome opponent. (which I’m sure you’ll have nothing but fabulous things to say about in some post on some forum somewhere 🙄 )

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:18 pm
    Pro Fighter

There is a big difference between tactfully stating your opinion, with the intention that it benefits other people, and basically putting people down, publicly, to make yourself look (or feel) better.
    The reality of the situation is that no matter what any of us think, Erin is a well-known representative of the sport. Regardless of what our personal feelings may be, people are going to keep calling her for interviews and asking her for her opinion. Especially when her opinion can be cutting…shock value sells and everyone needs a villain. People (obviously not us) get a kick out of listening to, reading, or watching one person berate and embarrass another. Business is business.
    It’s going to keep happening, but it doesn’t mean everyone else has to do it as well. Don’t let one person’s opinion ruin your self-image, because it is just her opinion…nothing more. And she’s right…she IS entitled to it.
    For every one person who says (blatantly, and downright) mean shit to you, there are ten people who like and respect you and will always want to watch you fight. Besides that…I think we all know promoters hype up fighters and fights…Just because the announcer didn’t say “Here comes a really great fighter but the best p4p is sitting three rows in on the left (or whatever)” doesn’t mean it was your OWN claim about yourself. I’ve never known Roxy to be a proponent of shameless self-promotion, so I seriously doubt she had anything to do with that label being bestowed upon her.
    I’ve been known to put one person in particular down, because they were robbing people who actually train of fights, and people they were supposed to fight were wasting their time in preparation only to have them back out. I don’t feel the slightest bit bad about it.
    I don’t, however, hate on people who I don’t think are perfect in every way, and I don’t give the people around me the impression I believe they’re beneath me. There’s no room for that within the sport.
    Lastly, I just want people to remember who worked hard to (help) make it possible for women to fight in California. I am not the best fighter. There were other girls more qualified than me, in my opinion, but I was more than happy to take that fight and give the best representation of MMA as I could at that time. I didn’t make excuses about the decision, whatever my feelings are on that, and I didn’t take anything away from my opponent. I want everyone here to know that that fight happened as the result of my retaining a LAWYER and making it very clear that legal action would be taken when the athletic commission made some very distasteful statements and really jerked us around about getting licensed. Ironically enough, I am not all over the internet talking about how I do such wonderful things for the sport and how I’m fighting for equality and all that garbage, and expect someone to pin a medal on me, and then turn around and alienate all the other athletes, or insult them publicly. The most I have done is encourage other women to stand up for themselves and not allow the commission or the promoters to walk on them. There’s something to chew on.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:02 pm
    Pro Fighter

That was extremely well said, Cash ^_^

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:08 pm

Toughill is correct.

Also, I was told by someone from that promotion a DVD was coming as well.

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:31 pm

the dvd is in the editing process last time i checked, that was a couple of days ago.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:19 am
    Pro Fighter

Thanks Rox, I appreciate that. I just kept reading this thread and I couldn’t keep my mouth shut. 😕

hanoverfist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Well I see Erin has successfully stirred up the pot again..a little bit of spice in the social soup. She is entitled to her opinion just as everyone is and therfore subject to public critic of those opinions as well, no need to get huffy this is a forum not a mma cage. I do seem to agree a little more with Kellys comments about a certain demeaner being supportive and uplifting of womens mma especially if you are going to be a mouth piece, a labeled authority on the subject. There is a difference in constructive critisim and just plain critisim. It’s called tact some of us have it some don’t. Erins comments on women coming to fight in shape and skilled are right on however…bring your “A” game and represent proper or don’t show at all because right now the jury is still out on whether the media and the general public are willing to accept and embrace women in the combat sports outside of mud wrestling.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

Absolutely right. I agree, this is the time to EARN respect, and she is dead on about that. The meanness is what ruffles my feathers, but she does make accurate points.

local13
    Post subject: Sucess of female MMA not dependent on showing best fighters?PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm

I do not know whether it is fair to assume that the most skilled female MMA fighters must be showcased in order to gain public acceptance of the sport. Women’s tennis has long had better ratings than men’s tennis because of the fact that the game is more viewer friendly with longer volleys. Plus, most tennis fans are men who enjoy watching fit women move around in short skirts.

I am a female fight fan, not a MMA practitioner. I cannot necessarily tell whether the competitors involved are highly skilled. I am most interested, as I suspect most viewers of female MMA are, that a fight be entertaining. Lesser skilled women who put on a spirited match are more likely to advance the sport than highly skilled female MMA practitioners, if their fight is highly tecnical without much action. If the women are attractive, all the more reason to watch and enjoy if you are a man.

The Carano-Kedzie match was entertaining because the women were attractive and fought hard and that was evident to anyone watching the fight. I suspect that any female MMA match that is competitive with a good deal of action involving attractive fighters would be good for the sport, regardless of the skill level of the opponents.

Barry

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:46 am
    Pro Fighter

… ❓ ❗

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:05 pm

😯 … attractive girls with no skill, over girls who know how to fight. you’ve got to be kidding me.

hanoverfist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:36 pm

Well…I can’t say I really agree with that statement L13. I do believe that skill and technique as well as heart is what seperates womens mma from your general catfights. This isn’t mud wrestling, these women train hard and long sometimes in several disciplines to reach a level of professionalism and that should be evident when they showcase it in a public arena. I hold this true when I watch the men as well, I can’t stand to see sloppy technique or out of shape fighters coming in fat and winded before they close the cage. Come on! And if I paid to see it then I’m really pissed. I am a fan but I do practice martial arts so I know good technique when I see it, maybe you should consider educating yourself on what it is your a fan of. I will agree however on the attraction, maybe not on the same level as you were meaning(maybe the girls should fight in short skirts?) I love to see beautiful bodies in motion, mind, body and spirit working together in calculated rhythm of movement ( I would say this about the guys fights but that wouldn’t be very manly)

local13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:05 pm

Some men like Dana White are pigs and won’t support women’s MMA because they do not think it an appropriate activity for women. Some men will not support women’s MMA because they perceive the practitioners to be manly in appearance. This is sad but true.

However in order for female MMA to gain a foothold in the crowded sports marketplace it must appeal to a broad segment of society. Most persons who would watch MMA are not skilled themselves and like me only know some of the basics. However, persons like myself will watch and support women’s MMA if the fights are good. It also does not hurt if the combatants are attractive. All I am saying is that it is not just the most skilled competitors being showcased on TV that is required to advance the sport. As long as the competitors have at least a modicum of skill and put on a good fight with lots of action, the average fan would want to watch.

I know the skilled women practitioners of MMA want to believe that their presence in necessary for acceptance of the sport on a wide basis. I am merely proposing that this is not necessarily the case for the average fan. We want entertaining fast paced action with reasonably skilled competitors.

chad

Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:26 pm

jepe13 wrote:
    😯 … attractive girls with no skill, over girls who know how to fight. you’ve got to be kidding me.

Jess you are hot!!!! Lets get married I cook a great carne asada….
    Chad

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:10 am

AHAHAHA 😀 thanks chad! i can’t wait till our carne asada night on sunday!!!

fruko
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Well when you are not good in the ring (boxing or MMA) you must be good at trash talking.

What’s funny is that Erin states (in a different post about Marloes Coenen) that Coenen is “awesome”. I do not remember that she was that complimentary after the last fight in Japan, when she called Marloes names after the fight. Now, she says that is “dropping to 150 and the rematch will be a war!” I think next time Marloes will clean the ring….

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:42 pm

marloes is a great grappler
    i dont see her taking down erin at will
    and erin
    all erin has to do
    is mimic anderson silva
    and my buddy marloes
    will be reaching for the stars
    well thats my lame opinion
    but who am i…just a lousy critic scarce from chicago,,,

****** check out my great great kyra gracie videos—-wow—
    SCARCE ONE ,,,i support female mma—–lets do it—–

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?