3rd Annual Can Am’s August 8th…Come on Women!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Jessica
    Post subject: 3rd Annual Can Am’s August 8th…Come on Women!PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:30 am

Hello,
    I am posting this to inform everyone that Team Caique and Warrior Way Martial Arts of Michigan will be hosting our 3rd Annual Canadian-American BJJ Championships on Sunday, August 8th in Berkely, Michigan. Our hope is to bring together the best talent from around the Midwest and Canada for a fun-filled day of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competition, all while helping two good causes.
    This year, our tournament will be donating ALL proceeds to the Michigan MDA and to the Tomo Hamada Scholarship fund. For those of you that don’t know, last month our team lost a dear friend and true warrior, Tomohiro Hamada , after his long and couragous battle against cancer. So along with the MDA, half of any proceeds will go to a scholarship fund our school has created for Tomo’s 1 year old daughter, Karen.
    Also, we are changing the format of the tournament a little and going with a hybrid-double elimination tournament. What that means is that in every bracket possible there will be a losers bracket, creating more opportunities for people to compete…In instances where there are only 2-3 people per bracket, or single competitors have to be placed together from seperate brackets, every attempt will be made to give everyone as many matches as possible.
    As always, kids and women compete at a discounted rate! Only $30 for women!!
    NEWS FLASH!!!Competitors coming from Canada….Your money will be counted at par withUS $$$.
    We have sent out packets to most schools in the area, however, if you have not recieved information by the middle of next week, please check  for more details and registration information.
    Hope to see you there!!! If you have any questions, please email me at JessicaAnnR@aol.com
    Thanks!

Jessica Ross

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:02 am

Sounds like a great event! You ought to post this in the Team Estrogen forum on nhb gear…its all BJJ women!

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:58 pm
    Pro Fighter

I would sooo get smashed at this event. I will be there to watch! 😛

WarriorHeartGrrl
    Post subject: 3rd Annual Can Am’s August 8th…Come on Women!PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:26 pm

I wish I lived closer. why do all of the good events have to be so far away from me? We need more New England events….

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:21 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Hey Puff,
    Sounds like a great tounament and awesome to hear about the donations……

TTT

Thanks
    Chad

Jessica
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am

Hey guys! Thanks for the support. Should be a great tournament…come on Marie…gotta step up as some point! haha

I’ll check out the other forums too! Should be a great women’s division!

Jessica

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

HAHA, says who!?You chicks in the GI are to good for me.

bjjamazon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:43 am

Sounds like an awesome event. Wish I were closer too. 🙁

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?