5 small meals a day…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

dl_angel
    Post subject: 5 small meals a day…PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:29 pm

Ha… ok… someone please tell me what a “small meal” is? 😀

I’m sort of serious, sort of thinking this is funny… but I just can’t figure out how little you have to eat to be able to eat 5 meals a day and lose weight.

🙄

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

J
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:32 am

I used to do the 6 small meals a day plan, based on the Bill Phillips/Body for Life plan. I still use it, but am not as strict as I used to be. 🙄

On that plan, you would have a protein, a carb, and a vegetable. Each portion should be approx. the size of your fist. So you could have a piece of lean steak, a baked potato, and a salad, all being about the size of your fist. “Portion control” was the key to making it a “small meal”.

The ‘in between meals” between breakfast, lunch, and dinner were usually something like a protein shake or energy bar or yogurt/cottage cheese combo.

This ‘diet’ really worked if you worked out at the same time, which I’m sure you are doing! To me, it’s not so much a diet, but just a healthy way to eat. It’s like grazing instead of gorging. It helps keep your energy up throughout the day and you eat good stuff, just smaller portions of it at a time.

J

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:48 am
    Pro Fighter

Ugh it’s that whole “eating smaller portions” thing i find so hard to handle- it doesn’t look like a *real meal* to my tummy if it all fits onto a bread and butter plate!]

I suppose after a while though you’d get used to it… 😀

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:24 pm
    Pro Fighter

The way I got used to it….I ate the “small meal” described above, or half of a large meal. If I was still hungry, that was too damn bad…I waited 2 hours and ate again. After a while, your stomach (which SHOULD only be the size of your fist) actually shrinks and you will fill up faster and easier, requiring less food to feel full.
    The concept behind this is that if your body is continually consuming and digesting food, it kicks your metabolism into overdrive, and it’s true. It DOES work, and eating a frequent, balanced diet combined with good old fashioned exercise absolutely can’t be beat.
    I don’t personally recommend Low Carb dieting, because glucose (derived from carbohydrates) is the body’s first choice for energy production. The Low Carb or Atkins diet is based in the tendency of the body to switch it’s energy consumption/production over to lipids (fat) in the absence of glucose. The problem with this process, though, is that lipid metabolism produces some really nasty biproducts, such as ketone bodies….that make your blood highly acidic and can cause major damage to organs….the same damage seen in chronic alcoholics.
    Sorry, but I won’t do that to myself, so I eat all the carbs I want…I just work them off 🙂

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:26 pm
    Pro Fighter

Cash, next time you are in class and Josh Souder is there …. tell him that I tried calling him but his phone wasnt working and to give me a call.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:13 pm
    Pro Fighter

no problem, ill see him sometime this week. i think he got a new cell, but im not sure. seeya…

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:20 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?