Private matches

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

bmslaughter
    Post subject: Private matches PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:28 am

Ok guys–some help here please. I am trying to find an opponent for a private (BF/HUSB in attendence only) submission wrestling match–this will be my first so I need to find someone who doesn’t have 15 years of training on me. lol Why is it so hard to find another female(pro’s excluded hahahaha) who wants a serious, aggressive, athletic competition? BTW, I am also open to strikes/kicks to the body. Rules negotiable. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
    Thanks 😀
    Beth

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:53 am

Interesting…

You’d have to find a location where the owner of the location is accepting of it. You’d probably both have to sign a waiver. You’d probably have to get a third person to make sure the rules are enforced and the match gets stopped appropriately (aka, referee). You might want a 4th person to record the match.

If it’s someone you haven’t met before, it’ll probably be tough getting them to trust the situation [that the ref stops the match at the right time and enforces rules, etc..and trusting that you don’t have a 15 fight record].

It’d be easier to get someone to go for a competative grappling match, I think.

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:13 pm

Um, excuse me…BETH… this isn’t a fetish wrestling hook up place, nor is it for apartment wrestling. I think you are in the wrong place. Someone please show this chic the door.

😡 👿 8)

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:26 pm
    Pro Fighter

LOL @ LaRosa

bmslaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:10 pm

Well Tara–I am not looking for apartment wrestling nor fetish wrestling. I am looking for some people who want to wrestle hard. Many males look for private fights and no one ever accuses them of ‘fetish fighting’! I am much older than you and your contemporaries so of course I cannot be realistically competitive with people such as yourself. I see nothing wrong with trying to find someone who is similar to myself who would like to get together for a hard match. I know you will fee free to correct me if I am wrong–but at least where I live there are not too many 40 something year old women who are into this type of activity. Thanks

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:40 pm

I chatted with her on yahoo. She seems to legitimately want to have a competitive match with a female around her age. You can see on her yahoo profile that she is a she.

Tara made an oops.

😛

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:49 pm
    Pro Fighter

Tara’s just sick of all the chicks in this sport who try and be “respected” as a fighter yet go out and do “smile” stuff to grab the guys attention. That’s all. Tara had been working hard on trying to be respected as a female fighter and with all the other chicks that “flont” it makes it hard for her to get that respect. That’s all. IM the same way actually.

So are you looking for someone to train hard with or jsut do one match and be done with it? If that’s the case then enter in some tournaments.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:46 pm

Oh, I understand. There was a post on the fightergirls.com forum that had a link to some wannabe “female fight” event in Cali where the women were clueless on how to fight, and used “stage” names like bunny and cherry. I read what Erin Toughill and Tara LaRosa had to say in response to that website.

Still…Tara made an assumption. That is what I was pointing to.

I both can and can’t understand why women choose to do those smile matches. I mean, I understand the money is probably good, but there are so many other ways to make money that don’t diminish the respect of female fighters, and women in general. I don’t get it. Is that really what they trained for? To roll around with some perverted man in an apartment?

Then again, I don’t like strip clubs…so what do I know?

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

Amen to that brotha!

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:47 am

You are wrong. I know a lot of 40 something women that are into the sport of grappling and bjj. A lot of them compete on the tournament circuits. DC Maxwell is mid 50’s and she is a black belt, who regularly goes to Brazil to train. Go join a martial arts class or academy. There are a lot of them in Texas. The way you worded things on the forum is characteristic of apartment wrestling. AND if you know anything about this forum, you will know that the people here are serious competitors, and fighters. You claim to not have very good or developed skills, well then, the people here would embarass you. This forum and website is not the place to solicit this type of match. If you want a hard match go train, there are plenty of women that do… even in their 40’s.
    Bullshit to the yahoo account. There is some chic floating around on yahoo useing Debi’s pictures and part of her bio and claiming to be her. Yahoo, MSN, AOL, give me a break. I don’t want to hear oh there’s no one in my divisions, WOMENS MASTERS DIVISION. Go do a tournament.

I am so sick to DEATH of hearing all these womens excuses for everything! No one to train with, no one my weight, no one in my division, no fights, no shows… now ….no one my age? C’mon, give me a break! Sorry people, but I’ve had it!

😡 👿 8)

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:01 am

Tanya Vlahac is 40 something, she grapples and fights MMA. Andrea Grishman is 40 something and she grapples, fights MMA, and does Muay Thai matches. There are plenty of 30 something’s in it too. You’re lazy! Go train, you’ll get some damn good matches in just training. Take a friend with you, learn together. Then you can have little matches in front of your boyfriends and husbands all the time.

I’m telling you though, this is fetish shit your talking about. Private matches have no place on this forum IMO. Maybe I’m wrong, this is Debi Purcell’s website, not mine, and I am not trying to speak for her. I think this thread needs to be taken down.

And to half of you guys on here… whatever, you’re fetish people too.

😡 👿 8)

Kit
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:16 am

Beth, I see from your profile that you are in Houston. If you are looking to grapple with other women, I know that Solis Martial Arts in Humble has women grapplers at different levels and sizes. Also, April 17th there is supposed to be a tournament down there; Smackdown in H-town. I would expect to see some of them competing there.

It DID initially look like you were soliciting a partner to make a fetish wrestling tape or something. But if that’s not the case, then please consider looking into Alvis Solis’ school (He’s a great guy) or attending the tournament.

I don’t see much of the point in a private match. You seem to want to compete, so why not do a tournament? Are you upset at the prospect of a crowd watching you?

bmslaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:55 am

Gee thanks Kit. I will check into that school for some possible practice partners–and Mr Solis for maybe some adjunct training. It is not feasible for me to go to that school for instruction due to where I live. I do train in both MMA and BJJ at a school here in Houston. I am the only female in my classes at this time. Believe it or not when I first started checking out schools here there were several who were very discouraging and seemed to try to steer females towards the ‘fitness’ and ‘cardio’ activities. I do plan on entering some tournaments–alot of travel is not too much of an option for me so of course I would like to find people to roll with who are at my level and a bit above my level in adddition to that. Rolling with classmates is all fine and dandy but you do learn their style after a while and everyone has their own ‘stable’ of techniques they like to employ. And I have no interest in rolling with someone who doesn’t go all out. That does not help me improve my skills.
    I certainly did not intend for my post to sound like some fetish thing. To be honest I don’t even know what the heck apartment wrestling is–and don’t want to.
    But I do have one more thing to say–not all of us can attain the status of Debi, Tara , Erin, and others. Nor do all of us want to attain that level in the sport. That does not make one a poser in my opinion. Thanks. 😀

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:53 am

Good post.

How many guys are on here? I’m sure there are dozens of silent ones, but the ones the actually post? Like 6-8? There were more on the other site (fightergirls.com) but they got lost in the transition to this site.

I think some of the regulars gotta be legit in their interests here… Chad, Keith…

Anyway, I hope everyone here knows I don’t fall into the ‘fetish guy’ category, thank u very much. F@k dat shi#

Ko2

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:16 am

Kit I’m glad you have a bit more tact than I do. LOL

I’m still not buyin it though. Anyone that trains would call up or email the other schools near them and would make time, or ask if the other females would be interested in coming to your school once in a while. Most people are very obliging in this sport when it comes to training, especially women. They all seem to really enjoy training together once in a while.

Your wording and demands are a dead giveaway.
    Quote:
    I am trying to find an opponent for a private (BF/HUSB in attendence only) submission wrestling match–this will be my first

Quote:
    I am also open to strikes/kicks to the body. Rules negotiable.
    Don’t even try to tell us you don’t know what apartment wrestling and fetish stuff is. You’re so full-a-shit… your eyes are brown!
    👿 : 8)

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:35 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hey Tara, Wanna set up a match and jelly wrestle??? 😀

It don’t have to be private. 8)

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:04 pm

Green jello only! With a midget in a leopard print thong as the ref.

😯 😮 8)

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:48 am

Joe San?

😯

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:23 am

LMFAO! Perfect!

😛 😆 8)

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:36 am

In response to Knock Out 2’s question and Tara’s assertion that half the guys here are “fetish” people:

What constitutes a legit interest in the sport. I’ll admit I find female fighting to be a turn on. But I don’t think this undermines my respect for it as a sport. I dig mixed martial arts, but I must say I have special interest in the women’s side. If this makes me a fetishisht or unwelcome to the forum, sorry, but like you said, it’s Debi’s choice to make.

Peace out,
    Erik 😳 8)

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:52 am

Well…
    there is the comparison of women who watch men in MMA fighting and get turned on by it…or atleast I’ve seen women who watch it because “The fighters are hot!”, according to them.

I remember once watching an older UFC event. My friend brought his girlfriend over. She wasn’t really into the event until Jerry Bohlander started fighting and then she started getting into it because she said he had a “nice ass”. Go figure…
    Anyway…
    I want to say that I think Female fighters, to me, are often very attractive! I mean, I find those qualities in a woman attractive. I think it is attractive for a woman to push herself mentally and physically.

However, I don’t relate to Erik, because I do not get turned on by watching two women fight. When I’m watching two women fight, I’m not thinking about smile at all. I just think it’s f%cking cool/inspirational/motivational to see women compete in a such an aggressive event….since society mostly teaches women not to get involved with sports or athletic things.

I am not into playboy bunnies…wafer thin models. But female fighters? hell yeah! However, that is not why I am here. This isn’t a pickup bar. I am here to give female fighters support because I respect them. They need all the help they can get. I also want society to change.

Moreover…I think most guys will probably relate to female figting in a “smile” way because that is how society teaches men to relate to women. I personally do not want to support this mentality. It does not help women to gain the respect they deserve for being serious competitors. They train their asses off and they get appreciated only for how they look in their grappling shorts? Lame.

I think it is safe to say that this site is NOT here for THAT interest in female fighting. This site is here for the appreciation of their skills and accomplishments. They need more of that type of appreciation, and less of the “smile” appreciation. All women get that anyway. I’m sure it gets old, not to mention, it distracts from their real accomplishments.

peasowt

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:02 pm

It was very frustrating being in the crowd at the all-female Hook nShoot event 2 years ago….there are a lot of dumb rednecks in Evansville. I heard all kinds of comments. Most of the crowd was respectful, but I occassionally heard comments like “I thought this was supposed to be oil wrestling”

…of course they would say it in a drunk-redneck accent… “Ah thouwt this’poose ta bey orl wrasslin”…as he spills his beer.

During the fight between Judy Neff and Shelby Walker….Neff was mounted ontop of Shelby and Shelby was flailing her arms…she accidently push up Neff’s sports bra for 0.05 seconds while Neff flashed the audience. A lot of guys in the crowd went “oooooh!!” and whistled. Man, that pissed me off.

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:29 pm
    Pro Fighter

“However, I don’t relate to Erik, because I do not get turned on by watching two women fight. When I’m watching two women fight, I’m not thinking about smile at all. ”

Yup, I feel the same way, but towards the other smile. When I am fighting or dealing with anything that comes to fights, smile is on the other side of the world for me. Fighting is fight and smile is smile. Never shal the two meet.

“During the fight between Judy Neff and Shelby Walker….Neff was mounted ontop of Shelby and Shelby was flailing her arms…she accidently push up Neff’s sports bra for 0.05 seconds while Neff flashed the audience. A lot of guys in the crowd went “oooooh!!” and whistled. Man, that pissed me off.”

That was Tara LaRose and Shelby. And I don’t remember seeing any boobs. I have the DVD.

Tara, “Green jello only! With a midget in a leopard print thong as the ref.”

Sweet! I’ll have it all set up when you come to Detroit. 😆

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:29 pm

I’m not thinking about smile specifically either when I’m watching it. I don’t know how to really explain it. I relate to the sport in a certain way naturally and there is nothing I can do to change this fact. Make of that what you will. You may not feel things the way I do but I don’t think it is something where I only relate to women smile because this was what was taught by society. Most of the things I like are not shared by most of society, so this explanation doesn’t cut it for me. I have great respect for these girls. They’re living out what they are passionate about and that’s awesome. Doesn’t sound like the folks you saw looked at it the same way though.

Well, that’s about all I have to say. Funny, but I think this post would have gone more or less ignored if Tara had not declared it should be deleted.
    Erik

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:11 pm

Yeah, it probably would have gone ignored, BUT for the people that do and did read it, I wanted to deter people who might be of the fetish persuasion from thinking that this sort of solicitation is ok, and the norm around here.

Tofu, do you know the difference between what the women fighters depicted on this forum, and the “women fighters” on the fetish sites and forums are? Do you realize how they are different and why? Or do you think the difference is that the chics on this forum are just more clothed when they fight?

KnockOut2, your post was such a breath of fresh air. Not that it matters, but I appreciate very much your stance on women in MMA. It often feels like I’m fighting an uphill battle against, not only the world but, the MMA and BJJ communities for the women to be respected as athletes and competitors, such as the men. I become too wrapped up in it sometimes, and honestly, it aided in my decision to take a year off and go back to school.

Marie (Lil Katai) he was refering to a fight that took place before Revolution, in Hook N Shoot. Judy Neff basically raped Shelby Walker in 40 seconds on the show Hook N Shoot: Kings. I have the tape, I’ll bring it with me when I come up there. You’ll get a kick out of it. Shelby was basically flailing for her life as Judy mounted her. Shelby reached up during this moment and pulled down Judy’s sports bra, then proceded to grab both her braids in an attempt to stop the onslaught.

😛 😳 8)

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:43 pm
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    Shelby was basically flailing for her life as Judy mounted her.
    Quote:

Damn, this happens a lot to her don’t it?? Yeah, bring the tape, I would love to see it.

I didnt realize, but the Champions Challenge is on a Sunday .. WTF? It’s all good. Im working with getting the night before and the night off switched at work. yo gunna stay at my place? I been cleaning it for you lol. You can chill with my sharks 😀 Besides, I know some good spot out here to party. Could be pretty interesting thought having it be a Sunday 🙄

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

I don’t think I’ve gotten this quote thing down just yet! 😆

Hey Knockout …… I need to take you up on the offer with help with my sites if the offer is still there. I keep forgetting to email you. Send me an email at Lilmight1881@aol.com saying “Hey fuck face! You want me help or not!?” and I’ll remember to get back with ya! 😀

Im on yahoo “Punk_ass_dep_502” and aim “Lil Katai” if your on there. Easier to talk that way.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:53 pm

Quote:
    Judy Neff basically raped Shelby Walker in 40 seconds
    haha…

I honestly respect Shelby for getting into the ring…and i’m sure she is a nice person (I really don’t know her). However, I think she should not be fighting the top girls in MMA. BUT that is off topic 🙂

Erik…I don’t know you so I can’t tell what is going on in your head. I have observed a lot of men and I think what I say about society holds true for most of them. Most of the time, people don’t even know or understand how their environment conditions their mind to think in certain ways. Most of the time, people don’t recognize their influences. There are exceptions…in fact, I’m definitely an exception to that influence. Even so, I still have influences in my life that I am not fully aware of.

The biggest point I would want to make to you is to point out the downside to being into the “fetish fighting” stuff…even if it feels “natural” to you and you still respect the women as fighters. The problem is that, in society, women are objectified. “Fetish fighting” only adds to that problem. Furthermore, fetish fighting mocks the real fighters. That line between fighting and fetish gets skewed. Often, the common person does not know or understand the difference between the two. It’s sort of like the line between WWE and UFC, but worse. (Though that’s not a great analogy because I understand that WWE actors work really hard for their money. No disrespect to them)

In addition to all of this, I think that fetish fighters (the girls) are adding to the objectification of women. They are providing (essentially) a light form of prostitution. The oldest profession…I know…that is great and all, but it is still an exchange of smile favors for money. In that arrangement, the women are treated as smile objects. The same holds true with strip clubs. smile objectification.

If you don’t understand the problem with objectifying a person…then that is a whole other topic. There are many forms of objectification in life that are not always smile. Some large corporate companies objectify their employees on a daily basis. Sometimes, men are even objectified smile…but it is less common. If you watch TV, there are many examples of objectification of women.

I’m not saying that you, personally, objectify women…maybe you treat each and everyone of them as individuals and really appreciate what they are sharing with you on a very deep level….but you are supporting a community that supports the objectification of women.

If you really respect these women as fighters, then you should try to understand how your actions affect them, as fighters.

get me?

P.S. I really appreciate your honesty…Erik. That’s really cool. None of this was meant to offend, although the consistant lack of understanding of this topic addmittedly makes me really emotional.

Tara, thanks. Don’t encourage me…I could write a book on this topic. Soon, I won’t have any friends left 😯

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:13 pm

lil Katai…how in the hell did I just miss you? You posted just 2 minutes ago, but you’re not on AIM or YAHOO. 👿 😈 ❓

Ok, I emailed you!

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:38 pm
    Pro Fighter

HAHA

You missed me cause Im not signe don right now. I will sign on in a min but going to put my away message up cause Im going out to a friends out tonight.

With all that talk, maybe you SHOULD writre a book. For real. People need to drill that shit in their heads. Tara loves people like you that think that way. Be careful she don’t fall in love with you ……. she might kick your ass. And that might be embarrissing. 😛

I’ll be on later tonight. Like 2 or 3 or something.

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:09 am

It seems like you all are not listening to me. I said from the very beginning that I only enjoy watching bouts between well trained fighters. Do I know the difference? Yes, I’d like to think I do. Look, I don’t like being stereotyped any more than you do. That’s basically why I’m writing on this post I guess.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:48 pm

I read, and understood, what you wrote. I feel I understand your perspective on the matter. I understand not wanting to be stereotyped. I constantly fight against stereotypes by which people want to encompass me, due to my gender.

We all have something in common, it seems. You, me, Tara…just different perspectives on the same core problem. Misconception.

My point was to be aware of the detriment of relating female fighting with smile. Something that seems so innocent and appreciative can cause great grief for true fighters, like Tara, who wish to separate themselves from the fetish interests in female fighting.

I would like to know something, Erik. I understand that you appreciate female fighting for two reasons. One is your appreciation for the fighter’s technique and accomplishments. The other is your smile arousal by watching that interaction between two female fighters. My question is, do you classify the second interest as a “fetish”? I’m curious how you consider that interest.

Again, no ill-feelings. I appreciate your openness, thus far. I want to understand something which I do not.

Ko2

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:28 pm

Glad you appreciate the honesty. I always try to be honest if nothing else. I must admit I didn’t really know exactly what the word fetish meant so I looked it up.

Fetish
    1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
    2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
    3. Something, such as a material object or a smile part of the body, that arouses smile desire and may become necessary for smile gratification.
    4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

Yes, I suppose that fits. Definatly the “abnormally obsessive preoccupation” and “unreasonably excessive attention” part. I don’t really have any friends that share this fetish (there I used the word in a sentence) and life would probably be easier without it. This is why I question your assertion that it is learned from society.

I don’t know if this sheds any more light on your trying to understand. I have my own things that I’ll never understand (aka cigarrette smoking)and I know it’s frusterating to not get an answer. Ponder this: Why do we like watching and participating in fighting to begin with? Isn’t it mostly counterproductive, beating each other up? There is the cathartic release of anger and the qualities of courage and determination, but these can be found other places too.

The best I can do is to say that this sport encompasses all of these qualities in a way that is somehow greatly appealing. For me, adding another appealing aspect, women, takes it to another level.

Joshi_Fan_sjt
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:38 am

Hi everyone! I’ve read alot of the comments made to this thread and I personally don’t feel that the word fetish really applies to fighting, unless it involves catfighting or similar forms of it…I don’t know too much about what Apartment wrestling is, but it doesn’t really sound all that different from backyard wrestling which to me brings to mind ECW (Hardcore) and garbage style wrestling involving weapons, etc.

I like Tara, she is someone that has strong opinions & views of MMA and womens involved with it and I respect that alot…I agree that women being involved in fighting or wrestling is more appealing to me than a couple of guys grunting & sweating…While I don’t necessarily get turned on by two women fighting or wrestling I do get into the match more…I guess this comes from years of having to watch WWE womens wrestling…I eventually lost interest in WWE and wanted more than just simple T&A…I stopped watching WWE shortly after watching a PPV that was put out by WOW Women of Wrestling and in my quest to find an alternative to WWE womens wrestling I discovered Joshi… I started out by watching Arsion and have to say after watching a few Joshi matches, I was literally blown away by it as well as to just how much it was on a completely different level from anything here in the states…Mariko Yoshida & Ayako Hamada quickly became my favorites…I have been a fan of Joshi Puroresu/japanese womens wrestling for awhile and just started getting into MMA…I discovered this site for Debi Purcell and after watching her video clips, I have to say that I am truly impressed with the way Debi handles herself in the ring as well as training…I haven’t really had the opportunity to check out any MMA videos/DVDs at this point…I’m seriously considering checking into videos/DVDs with Tara as well, based on her attitude and her comments here on MMA…I have a feeling that Tara will definitely become one of my favorites even though I haven’t seen her fight yet…Before I take off, I just wanted to let everyone know about a group that I started for MMA Fighters & Fans…I had planned on doing one for MMA for quite awhile…I would like to extend an invitation to anyone that is interested to come check it out…

Thanks, Joshi_Fan_sjt

blackbelt76
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:34 am

There seems to be a ton of anger emanating from Jerzey!
    I truly can not see from whence it hails, unless it stems from the fact that women’s combat martial arts was rarely accepted in the past and even now meets many obstacles. I was raised and taught in the Dojo, the dojang; that when we enter the doors, we are not male nor female, we are competitors..and when we fight, I do not see a male or female..nor do I see the crowd….I see an obstacle..an opponent!
    There are many reason WHY people enjoy physical one on one combat.
    Some only seek mild matches, while others seek all out war..i.e UFC; most of us fall somewhere in the middle.
    To tell someone their choice of venue is “fetish” in nature; is presumptuous at best!

I have fought in many tournaments over the past 17 yrs or so..(trained in classical Karate, TKD and attend every Gracie seminar when close enough) full contact, point sparring, freestyle with striking and ground work..I have also fought once or twice in private type matches..NOT because it is a fetish; but rather we did NOT want the predictable rules, regulations and control..Is this advisable? Not to most! When I did these private one on one matches, the only control was two other people in the room. It was also easy to screen REAL people with real desire to fight w/o a crowd. We don’t meet in some dark alley either! To some there is the added thrill of doing this before your significant other..as I did…you are not out to win some trophy or play to the crowd..or even be driven on by the crowd..It is YOU and no one else..no other motivation besides knowing your significant other enjoys it as well. Why is that a fetish!???
    Most people walk the middle of the road..I find it quite crowded at times, so every so often I walk along the edge..why? ..Because it is a thrill and let’s us know we are still alive!..besides; my balance is fine thankyou. 🙂

Please; don’t asume or pretend you know someone’s motivation for doing anything..In Bethmarie’s case; you are sadly mistaken in assuming she seeks some fetish thing and wants to roll with the playmate of the year.
    She does not! She seeks a REAL match with a real female with the same desire. As far as tourney’s? She will no doubt do some tourneys..so what is wrong with doing a private match?
    While Bethmarie may not have vast knowledge in fighting (though she will)..she has the heart of a lion, courage few will ever realize..and the guts to come on this board, and make a sincere request….and then to be met with insult? Jerzey; you may be a pro in your sport and most likely quite accomplished, but how many do you think want to attain that level? How many actually do? I do not understand your throttling of people who do not measure up to your standards. Live and let live.
    I speak as a 40 something male who no longer can do a 720 reverse spin kick..I could when I was 28 yrs old. I still compete, I teach..and most recently passed the torch to the next generation of Martial Artist’s by breaking my Bo in ceremony..That did NOT signify my leaving the martial arts.. Far from it! It signified I would probably NOT be doing another National level tourney. I see ALL levels of martial artists. I NEVER put any art form down. To quote the man who taught me well; “There are no superior styles; only superior stylists!”

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:53 pm

😕
    Last edited by Jeff on Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:13 pm

blackbelt76…your post asks for understanding from Tara (Jersey). Rather than lecture her, I think that you should also practice some understanding of her perspective. Her posts are often harsh…but honest. Do you know what prompts her to post those types of responses to bethmarie?

Keep in mind, I think that Bethmarie’s point in her post was for legitmate sport competition. But I also understand Tara’s point of view. As I told Tara in chat, I would probably be irrate also if I was a female fighter.

Understanding is cool. I wish more people would aim for that.

Ciao

Ko2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?