How normal girls fight!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

KnockOut2
    Post subject:

How “normal” girls fightPostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:18 am

This is a backyard brawl between two random girls. Looks like a fight that broke out during a party or something.

Were you like this before you started training in Martial arts?

ABScene
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:00 am

Can’t say I was ever like this b4 Martial Arts but then again… I grew up in Pleasantville. 😆

Rebecca

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:59 am

lol 😛

I remember seeing fights like this in Highschool. I remember seeing a LOT more hair pulling and less punches to the face.

Mandy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:02 am

I’ve only taken like four classes and I could own both of them at the same time. lol
    Did anyone else find themselves yelling out random chokes and submissions when one of the girls was totally open for it?

ABScene
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:07 am

Yes, I was surprised they weren’t pulling each others hair… but then again, I don’t think either one of them could actually see with all that freakin’ hair in the way.

They were probably fighting over a freakin’ hair clip!

LOL at the small girl with the shorts at the end… looked like she was trying to pick a fight with one of the guys!

Rebecca

dude
    Post subject: Great fight!PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:40 pm

Yeah, usually more hairpulling. But that’s why I think Amber and Madison are such great fighters: They know a little bit about punching. Excellent fight! Thanks for posting! 😉 >

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:35 am

that’s why I think Amber and Madison are such great fighters

Um…what?
    I think it’s an interesting video to watch because it shows what average, untrained people do in a fight, but they are not even close to being good fighters, let alone great fighters.

Wanna see good fighters?

ABScene
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:09 am

Okay… KnockOut2 took the words right out of my mouth.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:48 pm

I’ll give them back to you for only $5.95!!

Don’t miss out on this low discount price!

😉

ABScene
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:28 pm

Does that include taxes? 8)

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:21 am

Is it getting easier for ya’ll to tell the difference between the people on here that are fetish enthusiasts, and those who are MMA fans? 🙄 I can’t view the clip, but I’d be willing to take out a loan of $10,000 and bet on myself or any other MMA chic against “Amber and Madison” …at the same time.

Dude… seek life elsewhere. 👿

I was never much of a street fighter. Not that I wouldn’t have, but being one of the well known athletes in my area, and just having a badass attitude seemed to be enough to deter most chics. In my crew I was more of the peacemaker anyway. PLUS my family owned (owns) a big business and is well known in the area… I had to keep my nose clean and “uphold the good family name.” My sister is just the opposite, completely, she was (is) street fight queen, attracts trouble, makes trouble, and stirs the pot when she is bored just for amusement. She’s been banned from 3 counties, arrested for assault, been in court, been beaten up, been in car chases, plus many other adventures she shares stories of whenever we see each other. She is a good athlete, A/B student, and really pretty. Weired huh? 😕 😯

😆 😀 8)

dude
    Post subject: FightersPostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:39 pm

Amber and Madison can both fight! And beat any sissy that says “yeah, I COULD beat anyone, but no one ever came up to me…” LMAO.

I’m glad that most chicks nowadays are not sissies like you, Jerzey. I’m glad most chicks are more like Amber and Madison… and PROVE they are tough, not just some cheap talkin about their skills and crap. ROTFLOL

MMA fights are cool, but real fights ROCK!!! If anyone on here knows Amber or Madison, tell them either of them can beat most posters (or posers?) on here in like 2 minutes. Streetfighting requires instinct, not skill.

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:36 am

Dude, MMA requires instinct AND skill. And calling a professional fighter- and a good one at that-a poseur is just delusional. Do your research man.
    Nuf said.
    Erik

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:00 pm

I’m so embarassed. 😳 Golly-gee dude, you called me on my shit, and you’re right. How will I ever be able to show my face around here again. 😥 I’m really just a big fan, and a bigger pansey. The thought of getting my hair pulled or punched in the face makes me cringe. 😯 You’ve exposed me for the poser that I am. 🙁 Kudos! Forgive me.

Tell Amber and Madison that I was just kidding and that they are my heros. 😉

😕 👿 😈

aj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

holy crap, that was outstanding. My favorite part was the rolling aimlesly on the ground part. 😆

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:22 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

….well…..i tried…..it says……file not found……..error….am i at fault////

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:46 am

My favorite part was the rolling aimlesly on the ground part.

LOL

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:47 am

I’m assuming that the video file has been removed from the website. Shame. It was amusing.

Jersey, you should think next time before you talk smack about REAL fighters 😉 😉
    🙂

HAMA_Head
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:17 pm

Tara, you handled that perfectly!

WarriorHeartGrrl
    Post subject:

How “normal” girls fightPostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:32 pm

Anyone who says that street fights are a better measure of of a woman’s “toughness” is an idiot, plain and simple.
    A woman who trains her ass off, learns her art, and then puts it up against other women who work just as hard, now that’s tough. Just take one of those “tough” girls that you see brawling in front of the bar on a Friday night and give them a week of MMA training and you’ll see just how “tough” they are…….
    MMA takes skill AND instinct. Don’t disprespect women who keep there skills in a ring. Not all of us enjoy being picked up by the cops just to prove something to the “dude’s” of the world…

dude
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:27 pm

MMA is a good measure of a chick’s toughness. But I stand by my word: Real streetfights are a better measure…. cuz streetfighters don’t need no stupid rules behind which they can hide. It’s all out… or you lose. Now MMA comes closer to that than many other martial arts, but it’s still not as exciting as real fights on the streets.

Sorry if you can’t handle the truth, warrior girl. I’m just telling you what most guys feel (but wouldn’t ever tell their girl).

And I certainly understand: If you don’t have anything to prove, you can’t. LMAO!!!!

dude
    Post subject: where you can find that clip of the real fightPostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:38 pm

oh and i don’t think the girls in the clip were arrested. LOL. When you get in a streetfight, you are usually not arrested… unless you assault some weakass bitch (which you’ll probably do).

Y’all can find the clip here:

It’s Example 5.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:41 pm

the truth is those girls still acted under rules.

If either one of them would’ve pulled out a knife, someone would’ve stepped in. Don’t act like it was “anything goes”.

If one of those girls started biting the other one, the fight would’ve been stopped.

The only difference between that fight and MMA rules is the hair pulling.

Well…and the SEVERE lack of skill.

The truth is…my little sister could beat up both of those girls.
    and I don’t HAVE a little sister. Those girls obviously do NOT train and obviously could NOT compete in MMA events.

And just because your buddies think that those girls kickass because they “streetfight” doesn’t mean that “all guys” think that way. It is obvious that your buddies do not know anything about fighting and would probably get their ass handed to them by an amateur MMA fighter with a losing record.

I bet half of the girls reading this forum could beat up your buddies. The average guy doesn’t know jack shit about fighting. They believe they hype they see in movies.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:51 pm

There is a new clip
    Example #6

I’m downloading it now…
    I can’t wait to learn about “real fighting”

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:58 pm

O…M…F…..GAWD

all I saw was hairpulling.

Wow…hair-fu. It’s the new thing.
    Too bad we”re all training this pansy MMA crap when we could be training hair-fu.

Thank you for teaching us!

dude
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:17 am

Hook n Shoot Revolution was a great DVD, but Fighting Mad, Ghetto Brawls, and Scraps are WAY better party tapes. And you actually learn from them what works in street fights. I mean I don’t need it… but some of my guy and girl friends are wondering… but I wouldn’t recommend Hook n Shoot tape to them. While I like it, it’s not the REAL thing. Not at all…

I don’t buy fight tapes to go “wow, what skill!” I buy a fight tape to go “wow what a FIGHT!” But weakasses won’t ever get the difference! And your imaginary lil sis won’t get the difference, either.

Tara said her sis is an experienced street fighter. And I bet her sis could beat 80% of those Hook n Shoot chicks ANY day! Any experienced street fighter could…

What matters is that you don’t back down from a fight… Who cares about a W-L record? If you can pick and choose your opponents, it’s easy to get a perfect win record. Just look at professional boxing… A joke!

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:13 am

The difference between someone who trains and someone who doesn’t is that most people who train have some restraint about when to use their skills. If one of the girls who trains in here went and decided to get into a street fight, it would be pretty unfair to the person they were fighting- hence the reason there are rules about profighters getting into fights. You get in a LOT more trouble- higher criminal charges, when you get in a street fight if you’re a pro fighter.

Also- hate to point out what might be obvious, but someone who trains is probably going to hit a lot harder than someone who just gets in street fights all the time. In MMA, you’re not only trying to do damage with gloves on, but you’ve been probably lifting weight and doing cardio. You’re going to last longer in the fight and you’re going to hit a LOT harder.

As for getting caught, I think that someone who is well trained is generally GOING to get caught because the other person is going to get HURT. I have a little story for y’all… you might not find it pertains to the situation considering this is a guy, but you said someone who street fights can fight better than a MMA fighter…

Profighter has a man come out to his car, hostile, wanting to fight. Profighter knows how much trouble he can get in for fighting so he tries to calm the guy down for about 5 minutes, finally getting out of his car, holding his hand out to back the guy off him, and trying to get the two kids he came to pick up at the local pool. He does NOT want to fight but this man keeps provoking him. Finally the man says,”FUCK IT!” and swings at profighter…. who promptly responds by hitting the guy, getting the guy on the ground, and trying to restrain his arms because- again- he doesn’t want to fight- not in front of all the little children. Guy keeps trying to fight, punches fighter in the jaw (note he only lands two hits and the profighter isn’t having issues taking it). Profighter decides he’s got to do something because this guy won’t stop fighting and noone’s calling the cops, so he throws 3 “elbows” (with his forearm because elbows are pretty deadly) and the guy is knocked out. NOW ABOUT GETTING CAUGHT. Fighter has to give a police statement and is told he might get a warrant for his arrest because he fucked up the guy pretty bad… (guy lost sight in one eye- he broke a bone around the eye and a piece went into the eye)… ENDS UP WITH A WARRANT and if/when he goes into jail he’ll be given a $30,000+ bail and is charged with AGGRAVATED ASSAULT… a FELONY.

If you’ve never had a felony, I’ll give you a little info- you’ll NEVER get a job again (unless you like construction). You can’t vote while you’re still on parole. You can’t visit several countries- Japan being one of them (if you haven’t noticed, a lot of fights are over there). Every time you apply for apartments, you pay that little application fee right? You’ll lose a lot of money if you’ve got a felony on your record, trying to find a place that’ll accept you.

So this guy is going to spend $2000 (which he doesn’t have) to retain a lawyer or he’ll be subject to a public defender (really bad idea)… and then there’s the following legal fees for the lawyer… I’m guessing it will be a lot of money. THAT is for the criminal case… then chaces are this guy will take him to civil court and sue him too. There’s a lot more to the story, but this guy is screwed. He doesn’t have the money to spend to defend himself- and even if he did, he’d still be spending probably 10k$+ because some guy decided to pick a fight with him.

The difference between fighters fighting and nonfighters fighting is that there’s a different level of strength, agility, technique, and- hell- stamina. If someone who trains gets in a street fight, they’re probably going to be a lot more likely to do damage with their hands (if you notice, most street fights you see no one really gets hurt) and the fight’s not going to last long. MAYBE that’s what makes it not as good of a fight to you- there’s not a whole lot of action because the other person’s on the ground clutching their broken nose after half a minute if they don’t pick their fights wisely.

My vote is be a real man/woman and avoid fights whenever possible. That’s what the ring is for. Now if any street fighter wants to come in and SPAR someone who fights, that might be a different situation… at least in the ring we won’t get sued for beating the hell out of some poor innocent who thinks she’s actually going to get close enough to pull my hair.

Oh and sorry if you can’t handle the truth- but I’ve seen what kind of guys go for those street fighter type of girls… I’ll pass. The decent men I’ve met aren’t busy getting off on watching some chicks lose teeth and hair fighting over something stupid.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:20 pm

And you actually learn from them what works in street fights.

Huh????

All I saw was hairpulling and one girl was wiping the mascara off the other girls face….Oh wait….were those supposed to be punches???

So, I basically saw NOTHING that was working in those two sample fight clips…except both girls got tired quickly because they don’t train and they are horribly out of shape. Basically, when the adrenaline and alcohol wore off, the fight ended.

You care to elaborate on what wonderful things we have to learn from watching these street fights? How do they show what “really works” when all those girls are doing is pull hair and flail their arms at each others faces?

I think you’re just trying to sell your videos. Case closed.

dude
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:24 pm

I never said you learn from every single streetfight clip. There’ll be always a few weak ones… just like not all fights on Hook n Shoot DVD were as great as Ruth vs. Erica or Angela vs. Tanya on that DVD. (Tara’s victory against Shelby was a total fluke… If Shelby hadn’t had a bad day, she’d have won EASILY against Tara.) 😈

Anyway, when you watch real fights, the atmosphere is just so much better… the crowd, the emotions… and you see moves that ACTUALLY happen in streetfights, not just some moves that you expect or want to happen because you trained for them every day… 😉

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:52 pm

…..dude….you are….way off………the clips…you show are entertaining…..as in comedy…….those are just girls with hot tempers and no skills………and for street…i saw no eye gouging…..i saw no bouncing their head against the concrete……i saw no hard punches….i saw no palm strikes………i saw no throws……i did see some weak ass slapping……some gingerbread hair pulling…….some rolling around to the music……one girl hit the other one 50 times in the face….and did not give her a bruise……talk about weak……..you are just getting caught up in the rush…of watching the fight before your eyes…….the rush makes it worthwhile for you…….but there is no skill…there is no talent……….a lady like erica…..or debi…or jen….would just kick one of those those girls once…….and you would have to get a stretcher………so do me a favor……if you want a real street fight……lets see eye gouging…ear biting…..finger biting…..face bouncing off concrete…and please…some real punches……you said no rules…….well i did not see one eye gouge….or arm/finger biting…..maybe these unskilled girls do have rules………….you just wish debi/jen/erica….could fight for free for you…,,,,,keep on dreaming dude boy/////…..it is good comedy/

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:05 pm

So the example clips that you showed are the weak ones?

Then show some examples of the non-weak ones so that we can get an idea of what happens in “REAL” fighting. Amaze us!

It seems that you’re saying basically the difference is that you don’t know what will happen next with non-trained competitors. Right? And somehow that makes it right exciting to watch, right?

Well…it appears that the common thing for non-trained women to do in street fights is hang onto their hair with their left hand and try to wail away at their face with their right hand. At some point, they stumble around on the ground because they have no balance…and then they roll around a bit not really knowing what else to do, so they continue hair pulling and lame attempts at punching the face of the other girl.

So far, that sums up the vids of girls in streetfights on your website…and also sums up my observations from seeing girls fight in High school.

Of course, they land 1000,00,0000 bare knuckle punches and don’t even break the skin. That tells you what kind of punches they are.

Wow! How exciting!!!

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:07 pm

Tara’s victory against Shelby was a total fluke… If Shelby hadn’t had a bad day, she’d have won EASILY against Tara

Um…I respect Shelby for competing….but…..no

Please insert another quarter and try again.

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

“Tara’s victory against Shelby was a total fluke… If Shelby hadn’t had a bad day, she’d have won EASILY against Tara

Um…I respect Shelby for competing….but…..no

Please insert another quarter and try again.”

LOL

I seen the fight and I have to say that Tara EASILY beat Walker. There was so much steam coming from Tara’s corner because of the shit talk with the two fighters, that I would not have wanted to even ref that match. I would have been afraid of Tara finishing off Walker and then when I being the ref went to pull her off, Tara turing on me and beating my ass yelling at me, “I AINT FINISHED WITH HER YET!”

Fuck that. Tara won hands down.

dude
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:32 pm

KnockOut2 wrote:
    So the example clips that you showed are the weak ones?

Of course, they land 1000,00,0000 bare knuckle punches and don’t even break the skin. That tells you what kind of punches they are.

Wow! How exciting!!!
    In fact, longer fights ARE more exciting, Einstein! Why would anyone be interested in a fight that goes PUNCH–OVER??? Quick fights might be more satisfying to the fighters, but not the audience paying for the entertainment…

Real streetfighters don’t demand money for fighting… and usually because of the lack of MMA skills, those fights do last longer and are more enjoyable. So, to sell real fights, which I think are actually in greater demand than MMA fights, all you need is a camera and some girls pissed at each other… 😉 And some business instinct that tells you “don’t give away the best fights for free.” LOL.

For the great fights, order Scraps from bumfights.com, Almost Illegal from thiswillshockyou.com, or Fighting Mad from many retail outlets. The great fights don’t come free… You definitely know as much about business as Donald Trump because you think most $$$ can be made by giving away great stuff for free?! LOL.

elisa01
    Post subject: Re:

How “normal” girls fightPostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:26 pm

KnockOut2 wrote:
    This is a backyard brawl between two random girls. Looks like a fight that broke out during a party or something.

Were you like this before you started training in Martial arts?
    It seems it doesn t work… 🙁

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:47 am

Dude…
    it’s called a sample. It is used to entice your prospective buyers to purchase your full product. So far, you’ve given two really poor examples of “street fights” and you claim that these fights show “what works” in a street fight.

I’ll put it in words that you understand…

It’s like a Colt45 salesman going around and giving out free samples of Pabst Blue Ribbon to try to sell their product.

Somehow I think your “product” is no different than the samples that you’ve shown and that is why you are not showing us more samples that better reflect the “product”.

—Elisa—, that old link was taken down. Here is the new link, sent to us by notable business man…”dude”, who is trying so desperately to make money by selling videos of girls who get into fights at parties. Yay. >

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:20 pm

Why didn’t you say all along that you weren’t interested in skilled or successful fights? If all you’re looking for is for the fight to last a long time, you may be on the wrong website.

dude
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:58 pm

KnockOut2 wrote:
    Dude…
    it’s called a sample. It is used to entice your prospective buyers to purchase your full product. So far, you’ve given two really poor examples of “street fights” and you claim that these fights show “what works” in a street fight.

Somehow I think your “product” is no different than the samples that you’ve shown and that is why you are not showing us more samples that better reflect the “product”.
    Actually, I’m not selling a product (at the moment). I’m not sure why you think I am. All I know is how easy it is to make money from taping real fights at parties, on the streets, at bars, etc… and what demand there is out there. So in that spirit, here’s an ad:

$$GET PAID FOR REAL CHICKFIGHT FOOTAGE!$$

*Notice to all the crews out there:

Are there some chicks ready to throw down in your hood this weekend? Know 2 chicas who just don’t get along? Sorority sisters who have a grudge to settle? Grab your vidcams, catch the fight, and get paid up to $1500. The better the footage, the more $$$.

You can submit your chickfight footage here:There are quite a few other companies like that out there…

Payout level is generally based on the following factors:

*Action (intensity, fighting level)
    *Video quality/lighting
    *Sound quality
    *Duration
    *Chicks (“hottie” level)

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:32 pm

Actually, I’m not selling a product (at the moment). I’m not sure why you think I am

LOL!!!!!!!

oooookay.

So you pretty much just ignored everything else I said and just found some reason to post advertisements of your websites.

ladygrappler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:30 am

Okay ‘dude’…just becuase you may get off on that stuff more than the actual thing dosen’t make it any better of a fight.

Sorority sisters? “chicas who dont get along?” please!.. stop selling soft core smile and start looking into the actual sport of fighting, I think you’ll find it much more satisfying when its not to beat off too.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:13 pm

….dude is just a dork……who keeps mumbling the same crap over and over again…….i would like to slap the crap….out of dudes face…..read all your replies dude…you sound like a broken record……i would like to snap your neck………you should just come on here…and say…hi…my name is dude…i am a street hustler…..a street hustler who would sell his mom to make a buck…….i have met chumps like you….both black and white……..i put them all in their places……..come to chicago ….and hustle…some of your garbage……..i am all north side…….red line blue line,brown line…….i want to give a hustler chump like you….2 black eyes…and a busted nose…..for starters……leave the hustling on the street…..only wimps like you ..hustle the net for crack money……i know you probably have a drug problem…….you better solve it……before i put my foot through your chest…………cold blooded latino…..ready to stomp…..the hustle punk dude///////////

Rick Alexio
    Post subject: There is no street vs MMAPostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:28 pm

Woah…let’s slow down here, people..:)

Much of MMA/NHB fighting is based on real street fighting applications. And many male and female pros made their “bones” in the streets. The claims of which is better or “the real thing” are inaccurate…at best.

You can’t say woman X who’s had only 7 MMA fights is necessarily better than woman Y who’s had over 100 street fights…or vis-verse. Same as not all MMA fighters are a Deb, Tara, or Ein…a number are overweight and out of shape compared to some street fighters.

But most of the street “chick fight” clips I’ve seen posted aren’t really the best indicaters of decent street fighters…sure, the fight ‘energy’ may be there but there are much tougher/ more skilled female street fighters out there. Tara had mentioned her sister was a really good street fighter, probably could wiped the floor with this Madison, and yet Tara was the one who ended up in the ring.

There has been criticism of lack of “exciting” fights in women’s MMA, however, the potential for *much* better (more exciting) fights is tremendous. A major problem has been the lack of exposure and marketing (only a few major fight cards per year). So as this improves so will the depth of great fighters in women’s MMA…that’s when you’ll start see better match-ups.

But back to the point, both MMA and street fighting are the “real thing” and “who’s better” always depends on the individual woman.
    RA

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:29 pm

Dude’s comments were that these fights show what “really works” in the street. Those were his words. That is what I was responding to.

He also referred to them as “street fights” when they were not really street fights. They were party fights where there was close supervision by a dozen or more people. If one of the girls started biting the other, or starting gouging out the other’s eyes, the fight would be stopped quickly. That mimics a Vale Tudo match. That is not a street fight. I’ll bet they would’ve stopped it if one of the girls started headbutting the other, or if one of them started bleeding. Again, that is not a street fight.

All fighters are different. Streetfighting or MMA. Of course a experienced “streetfighter” would have some chance against a MMA fighter if that MMA fighter doesn’t have much experience or skill. Just because they compete in MMA doesn’t mean they have skill….but most of them do. If someone has a lot of “skilless” streetfights, they are still going to learn something from those experiences. Perhaps the biggest thing they will learn is the value of aggression, which seems to win a lot of street fights, regardless of skill. Perhaps they might have natural strength on their side. NONE OF THIS supports what “dude” was claiming. I’ll explain why…

“streetfights show what really works in a fight”. The truth is that anything that works in a streetfight has been done in MMA, save the use of weapons, biting, or having your friends jump in so it’s 5-on-1.
    Perhaps streetfights demonstrate aggression. : You haven’t seen Vanderlei Silva? Fedor?
    Perhaps Streetfights demonstrate the effectiveness of a strong puncher even though they have poor boxing skills : How many MMA fighters have we seen that throw bombs and win? Plenty MMA fighters have demonstrated this. See Gary Goodridge.
    Perhaps streetfights demonstrate that size can really does overcome skill : See Bob Sapp vs Ernesto Hoost in K-1
    [b]Perhaps streetfights demonstrate the instinct of a real fighter who knows how to go in for the kill[b] : bla bla…see Vanderlei Silva, Fedor again, and dozens of amateur and pro fighters who compete on smaller events.

“There has been criticism of lack of “exciting” fights in women’s MMA”
    I haven’t heard this. BUT I would understand it considering that the most popular event for demonstrating women’s MMA was Hook n Shoot Revolution and some of those women had 0-3 fights. Not all of the fights on that card were “GREAT!! Terriffic!!!”. They were merely decent. A few fights on that card were chock full of aggression.

“A major problem has been the lack of exposure and marketing (only a few major fight cards per year)”
    Who are you telling this to? Why don’t you ask the women who post on this forum. They’ll probably tell you that there is a severe lack of fights available for women and that is the number one problem for female MMA. Promoters are starting to open up to the idea of having female bouts (especially after HnS Rev) but that is still the biggest limitation. How are these fighters going to gain experience if they can’t find fights?

I agree with your last statement. It depends on the individual.

But, let’s not have any delusions about what the epitome of a street fighter is. A person who trains in Boxing is not the epitome of a streetfighter. The epitome of a male streetfighter is a guy who is really drunk and insecure about his masculinity, and he’s trying desperately to get laid but can’t seem to do it, so he tries to demonstrate his male dominance (and vent his frusrtation) by punking out another guy. The fights usually start off with one guy trying to sucker punch the other guy or get the first big shot in.

Female streetfighters are rare…but the epitome of a female streetfighter is a girl who rushes at another girl, grabs her hair with her left hand and uses her right hand to throw little 2-inch patty-cake punches to her face a thousand times per minute until they both fall down…and then someone usually breaks up the fight.

Rick Alexio
    Post subject: :rePostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:33 am

I wasn’t really addressing your response to dude, point blank I didn’t agree with any mess about learning more on the street or street fighters being better than ring fighters (was actually wondering if dude’s been soking crack).

These women are now being trained by some of the best fighters in the world, of course they’re *usually* going to be better. But like I said, this is total supposition and it makes no sense to make those kinds of generalizations. ..as were your generalizations about street fighters. Even Bruce Lee tested himself regularly in street fights and against multiple opponents..did not feel complete as a fighter without real-life applications.

Not sure where you get that street fights (male or female) are rare – there are literally thousands every day. FAR more than available fight events for women in MMA (as you pointed out).

And the problems with women getting fights is a result of bad promotion, exposure, demand, and $$$. As the skill level of the women continues to improve the negative stigmas and associations will diminish and they will gain more respect as fighters. Without a high (intense) parity of female fighters what interest will all the “dudes” and “dudettes” out there have in watching it…that some of the girls are cute? lol That’s like all the girls who come to watch Tito are there for the technical aspects of his guillotine, puh-leez..:)

Rick Alexio
    Post subject: and..PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:03 am

btw..I agreed with your point here..

<<He also referred to them as “street fights” when they were not really street fights. They were party fights where there was close supervision by a dozen or more people. If one of the girls started biting the other, or starting gouging out the other’s eyes, the fight would be stopped quickly. That mimics a Vale Tudo match. That is not a street fight. I’ll bet they would’ve stopped it if one of the girls started headbutting the other, or if one of them started bleeding. Again, that is not a street fight.>>

Most of the time this is the case but *any* fight can still be dangerous, As can ring fights..where there are countless injuries, limbs broken in submission holds, etc. Fighting isn’t about baking cookies…it’s a rough violent sport no matter what location. That clip just wasn’t represtative of ‘skilled’ fighters street, ring, or otherwise…while trained MMA fighters typically are.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:10 am

” Even Bruce Lee tested himself regularly in street fights and against multiple opponents”

Bruce lee is not the epitome of a street fighter. He would’ve been the rare street fighter.

“Not sure where you get that street fights (male or female) are rare – there are literally thousands every day.”

Of the street fights that take place, it is rare that they involve women. That is what I was saying.

One think to consider with “street fights” is that 90% of them are broken up by someone within 15 seconds.

So, yeah…I’m going to stick with my generalization about the comparison between MMA fighters and street fighters. Like all generalizations, it is not 100%. It depends on the individual, but there is USUALLY a major difference between someone who doesn’t train and someone who does.
    (note the word : USUALLY).

So far, the two examples of street fighters that you’ve brought up were Tank Abbott and Bruce Lee. The fact that you used those two examples counters your own point as those two people were known to train. A typical streetfighter does not train in anything except beer drinking. If someone is really a “Streetfighter” then they would learn their fighting on the streets. Otherwise, that label would be ill-applied (for the sake of this argument).

(I really consider Bruce Lee more of an actor than a fighter, but that’s another story)

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:53 pm

…bruce lee…was a 135 pound actor……….all i can say…is he moved fast…….or was that a camera trick??????????

Rick Alexio
    Post subject: ;PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:23 pm

<<Bruce lee is not the epitome of a street fighter. He would’ve been the rare street fighter.>>

Well, I said Tank was the epitome in terms of MMA but it could easily be said that Bruce was the epitome of a ‘great’ street fighter…and it’s true, he spent a lot more time in street combat than ring fights. And Bruce was the real deal, my friend…he got into acting secondarily. Just ask Bill Wallace or any of the other ring champions he fought.

<<Of the street fights that take place, it is rare that they involve women. That is what I was saying. >>

Agreed. Proportionally there are more males involved in street fights but neither are infrequent…and the same applies to ring fights, there are less women there as well.

<<One think to consider with “street fights” is that 90% of them are broken up by someone within 15 seconds.>>

Can’t really quote exact numbers but there are a large number of fights and some last longer than others…same as ring fights.

<<So, yeah…I’m going to stick with my generalization about the comparison between MMA fighters and street fighters. Like all generalizations, it is not 100%. It depends on the individual, but there is USUALLY a major difference between someone who doesn’t train and someone who does.
    (note the word : USUALLY). >>

Fair enough, I don’t disagree. However, there are also plenty of very tough (experienced) female fighters who just happen to not compete in MMA…yet. That’s one of the main problems, recruiting/attracting more women into fighting.

RA

dude
    Post subject: Re: There is no street vs MMAPostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:32 pm

Rick Alexio wrote:
    Tara had mentioned her sister was a really good street fighter, probably could wiped the floor with this Madison,
    Yeah, that’s what she SAID. I haven’t seen a tape of that fight, though… but what I have seen is Madison vs. Amber… and it ROCKED!!!

But hold on, my dealer’s here to sell me more crack… 😉 Recently, I made tons of extra cash from selling even “pathetic” (that’s what most of you seem to think of it) clips similar to the Amber vs. Madison fight… So now that I got all that cash I can afford lots of H… LOL. 😈

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:54 pm

…no one wants…your cheap garbage…….you crackhead hustling twerp….keep your flimsy cheap videos……you dork////and amber and madison….amber and madison/……you sound like a fruitcake cheerleader…..go hustle your garbage somewhere..else…..goof ball…you hustling fruitcake//////

dude
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:06 pm

scarce wrote:
    …no one wants…your cheap garbage…….
    thanks for playing, but WRONG again. Sorry! There are tons of businesses that buy my “cheap garbage” (gotta remind u!):

And for once I agree with you: Getting that footage is definitely cheap, much cheaper than organizing an MMA event. 😉 But then you don’t know anything at all about business, do you, scarce? “Buy low, sell high” Man, you must have just gotten out of tard school. I’m glad what I’m filming occasionally I can get really on the cheap. 😈

Rick Alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:29 pm

Ok, how about we chill out now and move on… it’s giving all forms of fighting a bad name now.

Those who want the Hook N Shoot buy that DVD, those who want whatever street fight DVD go buy that one…all the rest of this supposition crap is a waste of time. Freedom of choice is a good thing.

RA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?