Shinashi Satoko’s next fight in DEEP 20th

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Sudoraba
    Post subject: <> PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:47 am

A BRIEF PROFILE

Shinashi Satoko, also nicknamed “Shinasato” is pound for pound one of the most accomplished female MMA fighters with an undefeated record in the last several years of 16 fights with only one draw. Her record of victories include such notable female fighters as Hiase Watanabe, considered the female Wanderlei Silva, and Mari Kaneko who drew her in one match and was dominated in the rematch. She is also the champion of the Smackgirl 2002 Japan Cup tournament winning the belt in the 105 lb class. Her style base is Sambo and Judo and she is considered the “Sambo Queen” in many of her fights she has effectively used traditional judo throws in a way rarely seen outside of fighters like Karo Parisyan and Yoshida. Her career has spanned fights through such major fight promotions as Smackgirl, Love Impact, DEEP, and Shooto.

Image http://www.fightergirls.com

Last edited by Sudoraba on Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:51 am

Now the main subject is her next fight coming up in DEEP 20th Impact. Shinashi has recently been fighting very frequently in DEEP and is considered the ace female fighter of the promotion. On boutreviewusa.com news of her next opponent has been posted, and the issue that I bring forth will be made clear upon reading the article clipping…

Quote:
    Satoko Shinashi, undefeated female ace fighter of DEEP showed her obvious disgust against her opponent Noriko Okamoto.
    Okamoto is a TV talent from Hori Productions, one of the biggest entertainment productions in Japan, and this is going to be her first MMA fight.

Shinashi burst-out at the press conference, “This is nothing but a publicity stunt!”

Shinashi continued, “Is she going to enter the ring with a lukewarm determination? That’s an insult to MMA. I want her to prepare to lose one arm, one leg or even her head.”

Okamoto used to be an MC at the Kingdom show and only began training two months ago.
    Okamoto actually admitted that this is a-self-advertisement-act but also said, “I am seriously training.”

(from left to right) Noriko Okamoto, DEEP President Saeki, and Satoko Shinashi.

Okamoto can be seen at this website… http://www.fightergirls.com

A first timer with two months training against one of the most accomplished champions in female MMA? I can definitely see the source of Shinashi’s disgust and I applaud her for calling out the obvious K-1 like freakshow theatrics at work here. Shinashi is someone who has worked hard to get to her current position and that effort could be seen back in the 2002 Smackgirl Japan Cup when she burst into tears after heel hooking Hisae Watanabe to win the final match of the touranment. She is a warrior full of dedication and a role model in the sport to those that would follow in her footsteps. And I am glad to see her speak out at the obvious ratings ploy. However if more people get to know of Shinashi through her thoruogh pounding of the TV idol, then all for the better as more people need to see her fight. It’s poetry in motion.

Discuss

Last edited by Sudoraba on Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:11 am
    Pro Fighter

damnit she’s way under my weight category 🙁 awesome woman! she’s fought a LOT

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:22 am
    Instructor

Okamoto’s been training? Look at her wrists in that picture. I would venture to say that she knows nothing about punching.

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:53 am

Doesn’t she have a draw against Yoshizumi?

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:42 pm

I’ve seen Shinashi on some Smackgirl tapes, she is pretty damnes good!
    I wondre how she would fight Megumi Fuji or Yuki Tsjuji?
    Or are those lighter??

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:54 pm

Executioner wrote:
    I’ve seen Shinashi on some Smackgirl tapes, she is pretty damnes good!
    I wondre how she would fight Megumi Fuji or Yuki Tsjuji?
    Or are those lighter??

Megumi and Tsuji are both fighting in the 115 or 120 lb MAX class whereas Shinashi is around 105 so techinically they are in different weightclasses.

But in reality it’s not too different and I believe that in DEEP 14th Tsuji and Shinashi were scheduled to fight, however that matchup seemed to have fallen through or something.
    http://www.fightergirls.com

But yes in reality the weights are pretty close as Tsuji has recently fought and beat Hiase Watanabe who Shinashi fought and beat in the 2002 Japan Cup finals. And on the flip side, Shinashi in her last fight defeated Mari Kaneko who Tsuji also beat in the finals of the 2002 Japan Cup Finals (both Shinashi and Tsuji are the Japan Cup holders in their weight classes). So seeing that fighters are pretty comfortable with interchanging between 105 and 115, I can imagine their matchup happening sooner or later as Shinashi and Tsuji are the top of their divisions.

This goes for Fuji as well but I’d prefer to see her fight Tsuji first. At the current state of the Japanese female MMA circuit I see a lot of cross weight class fights happenning until the talent pool gets deeper. So for now the top fighters will continue fighting each other until the sport becomes more popular.

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:09 am

ttt

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:45 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

lol Rikki,
    I was thinking the exact same thing. but TTT for her anyway nice to see the women fighting.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:21 am
    Instructor

It is nice to see women fighting….I just wish that they’d train beforehand!!
    Especially when they’re getting in the ring with a champ! 😯

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:15 am

bump

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:07 am

Kosuke Uemeda (R-Gym) def. John Yoshimura by 2-0 decision

Ken Hamamura drew with Hamamura

Deep vs Grabaka
    Kim Dae Won (CMA Korea) def. Keiichor Yamamiya (Grabaka) by 3-0 Decision

Deep vs Grabaka
    Kazonuri Yokata (Grabaka) def. Hiroki Nagaoka (MMA Doubita) by 3-0 Decision

Deep vs Grabaka
    Takeshi Yamazaki (Grabaka) def. Barbar44 (Club Barbarian) by R1 4:31 Rear Naked Choke

Satoko Shinashi def. Noriko Okamoto by R1 0:48 Reverse armbar

Tyrone Glover (AMC) def. Din Thomas (ATT) by 2-0 Decision

Seichi Ikemoto (Team Boon!) def. Hidehiko Hasegawa (SK Absolute) by 3-0 Decision

diversemma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:04 pm

Satoko can’t be defeated. No woman can beat her.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:07 am
    Pro Fighter

maybe she’s not getting good enough competition. you can breeze through opponants easily and seem invincible… I don’t claim to know anything about her, though.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:30 am
    Instructor

See the Can any woman defeat Satoko Shinashi? thread.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:34 am

diversemma wrote:

No woman, under 120 lbs., with less than 5 pro MMA fights, can beat her!

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:24 pm

satanico wrote:
    diversemma wrote:

No woman, under 120 lbs., with less than 5 pro MMA fights, can beat her!

to be fair, Hisae Watanabe when Shinashi beat her was the other big name of the weight class. And to this day Hisae is still a strong competitor with superlative striking, holding the Rangsit stadium title belt in Thailand. And Shinashi recently not only beat but dominated Mari Kaneko completely in DEEP 19th. And Kaneko is one of the stronger graplers of the 120lb class. This is impresive considering that Shinashi is strongest at under 110lbs normally fighting at 105.

Last edited by Sudoraba on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

face130
    Post subject: ConfusedPostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:55 am

Quote:

I have no idea of what is going on? [:o)]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?