ADCC women’s absolute pics up

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

starbellykeith
    Post subject: ADCC women’s absolute pics up PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:52 pm

http://www.fightergirls.com

My fav is the first one…Marloes realizing she just gave the fight away. Rules stated you could slam out of a submission but not for the hell of it. Marloes was about to go down to Cartwright’s jumping to guard and instead slammed her to the mat, earning a -1 point with about a minute left. The ref stopped them and Marloes looked over with that look of panic, knowing she had to blitz and take chances to score against Cartwright’s guard in that last minute or lose.

I hearby admit and seek penance for doubting Amanda against Leka. Yes, I fell for the hype and admit I was wrong…Amanda made Leka look bad.

Notice again the similarites between shots of Borges? Zzzzzz.

Cartwright earns points in my book for her style but LaRosa put her in perspective and Cartwright looses points in my book for not coming out to fight for third. I’ll forgive her if there was an injury but have not heard why she didn’t fight Amanda for third.

Somebody please fill in the names of those I don’t know…

KM

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

poor marleos, I was confused, too. sh*t
    holy CRAP nice shot on Tara and Megumi Yabushita! that’s her btw with the purple.
    you get the coolest pics of people flying through the air. Do you like hold your finger to the button? I want more of me being armbarred! or maybe attempt at omo plata? hehe I’m selfish aren’t I?

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:14 pm

Yes, I keep the shutter release down when I think something good is coming. Camera shoots 8 frames per second. As a photographer I love capturing flying through the air shots. Actually that is a problem I had with photographing you in GQ a couple years ago…I only documented the transitions and not the finishes.

I’ll put a couple of you getting armbarred in a few…want to get a Coenen/Cartwright gallery going first.

KM

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:25 pm
    Pro Fighter

wooooo!

powerhockey17
    Post subject: adcc COMPLETE RESULTSPostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:07 am
    Instructor

the picture next to Buckner/Viera to the right is Borges on the back of Kizma Button (Button is in the Yellow Shorts)

powerhockey17
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:08 am
    Instructor

Keith, I hope to see you at the next ADCC. I was so impressed with how everything went. That I plan on Competing in 2 years at the next ADCC!

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:31 am

Zee-what a coincidence, I was just telling my girlfriend about you like five minutes ago. You are a legend I’d be honored to cover. First women’s fight I *wanted* to find was you in WEF but you weren’t on the tape I got so Howe in EC was actually the first I saw. Yep, been waiting that long.

KM

powerhockey17
    Post subject: KeithPostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:15 am
    Instructor

I fought in Baton Rouge in WEF #7 against Kelly McDaniels..but the fight only lasted about 1 minute so I think they probably cut it out. I dont even have a copy and have never seen my own fight.

I was at ADCC, but was spending more time hanging out with family and friends.. So, many people I met from competing or those who saw me compete.

I wish I had more time to put into training or could secure sponsors so I could compete. I did not even put in my application to ADCC this year because I heard the max weight limit was 160 lbs. I also now have my own Submission Fighting school that takes up a lot of time.

After watching ADCC live, I wanted to be out there and thought I could have done well.

I will have plenty of time to reflect as the next ADCC is in 2 years. I would love to be there competing!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?