Amanda Buckner Interview at OTM

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

J
    Post subject: Amanda Buckner Interview at OTM Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:49 pm

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:56 pm

wow thanx !!

BH: With all the craziness that happened with the last fight, what’s next for Amanda Buckner?

AB: Well I’ve got a couple of possibilities for March. In April the next Ring of Fire event is supposed to take place and I’m also talking to Smackgirl about their open weight tournament at the end of April. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that a couple of these work out.

Amanda may come to ReMix tournament???? 😯

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:38 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

The World REMIX tournament starts next month.

rudrah
    Post subject: An MMA fighter has to “change their personality”?PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:41 pm

In her interview I read:

“AB: We’ve heard from Showtime that, even though they think I’m a great fighter, they will not be using me unless I change my appearance and personality.”

This sounds like the Management Mentality is on the level of the color commentary before the last Carano fight.

I knew it wasn’t likely what you might hope, but “change my …. personality. ”

I can see makeup and girly hair. It is TV. But what does changing personality entail? 😕

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:12 pm

frankp316 wrote:
    The World REMIX tournament starts next month.
    Open weight Class`s 2R is in Apr. And 2 fighters(maybe non-Japanese fighters) will face to 2 fighters who would have won in 1st Round in Feb at the 2nd Round.

it has been already announced at the last press conference all News article told it too.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:34 am

koolpaw wrote:
    Open weight Class`s 2R is in Apr. And 2 fighters(maybe non-Japanese fighters) will face to 2 fighters who would have won in 1st Round in Feb at the 2nd Round.
    So that means there will only be 6 women in the open weight tournament and 2 women will receive “byes” in the first round? BTW, did they mention had the matchups are being picked?

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:57 am

The matchups haven’t been announced yet. IIRC, there will be four women in Open Weight and six in Lightweight. So two in the Lightweight will get a bye next month.

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:36 am

ShdwPrwler wrote:
    So that means there will only be 6 women in the open weight tournament and 2 women will receive “byes” in the first round?
    yeppo. u got it right.

schedule of the ReMix 2008 is:
    Light weight
    8 women normal tournament
    Feb Opening Round 4 Matches
    4 fighters get bybye (T-T)/~~~~
    Apr Second Round 2 Matches
    2 fighters get bybye (T-T)/~~~~
    July Final R

Open weight
    6 women irregular tournament
    Feb Opening Round 2 Matches
    (“elimination” for Japanese fighters)
    2 Japanese bybye (T-T)/~~~~
    Apr Second Round 2 Matches
    (Japanese vs. Recommended Non-Japanese x 2 fights)
    2 fighters byebye (T-T)/~~~~
    July Final

match-ups are not announced yet. not only that, still cant find about rules for tournament fights. whether they use New SmackGirl rules or common MMA rules with GnP? ( maybe elbows NEVER be allowed in Japan especially for Women. coz ahh u saw last bloody bloody BJ Penn vs. Joe Stevenson?)

kaitlinrose
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are the Smackgirl rules???

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:53 pm

Current SmackGirl rules dont allow Ground and Pound, no time limit for ground fight. but u get break if the movement was stopped on the ground, and forced to re-start from stand-up fight. No striking to the head on the ground is better expression? u cant punch, kick, knee, elbow to the head in the ground position . i think slamming to escape from submission holds is not allowed as well. and 2x 5mins rounds

Old SG official rules in English(its old now, they still dont update dox on the web booo)

Old SmackGirl rule was based on old Rings king of kings(KOK) rule adding time limit for ground fight like 20 secs, 30 secs. with the Permission from the founder of Rings “Akira Maeda”. Now “Break” command for 30 secs on the ground is abolished since last Nov. event.

Current rule is almost the same with above KOK rules and current ZST rules in Japan. Fight tends to be submission oriented and Quick. The most famous fight under this rules must be Mario Sperry vs. Kanehara 7 years ago.

Different from common MMA or Unified rules in north America. Fighters say KOK is very hard for their Cardiopulmonary function? heart and Lungs, but safer for their heads and brains from the damage of striking comparing common MMA with GnP.

KOK rule wa made for though schedule of Rings event. They used to fight at least once a month or less. Old fans in Japan like me are familiar with this rule , but younger generations and fighter of north America are NOT. i have heard they still use this KOK rule In Lithuania and other Euro countries.

Sometimes u American fighters get bothered by these Japanese rules, so u have to watch out if u r going to come to Japan. 😮

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:02 am

Smackgirl has new owners and are in the process of changing many of these rules to conform with standard MMA rules. This started on the Dec. 26 show.

Sako
    Post subject: Re: An MMA fighter has to “change their personality&PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:25 am

rudrah wrote:
    In her interview I read:

“AB: We’ve heard from Showtime that, even though they think I’m a great fighter, they will not be using me unless I change my appearance and personality.”

This sounds like the Management Mentality is on the level of the color commentary before the last Carano fight.

I knew it wasn’t likely what you might hope, but “change my …. personality. ”

I can see makeup and girly hair. It is TV. But what does changing personality entail? 😕
    She shouldn’t have to change her image or anything, if Showtime has shows like the L-Word and Queer As Folk, there is no reason why she can’t be marketable to that same audience. I don’t watch the L Word that much, but I’m sure I’ve seen butches on that show that would make Buckner look like a girly girl.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?