Andrade/Howe off?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

starbellykeith
    Post subject: Andrade/Howe off?PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:10 am

Not sure if this will run or not. Here is one of the paragraphs I submitted on the IFC show:

“One of the other fights may be in jeopardy. IFC World Women’s Lightweight Champion Jacqueline Andrade is supposed to be fighting IFC World Women’s Middleweight Champion Jennifer Howe for Howe’s belt. The dividing line between these two weight classes is 135 lbs with Light Heavyweight going from 135-149.99. Jennifer, manager Monte Cox, and Andrade’s manager/trainer Cesar Gracie report Andrade is not able to make 135. It should be noted that Andrade just joined Cesar’s about a month ago, several weeks after signing to do this fight, so Cesar isn’t at fault. Cesar states the fight will either happen at 145 for Andrade’s Light Heavyweight belt or not at all while Jennifer and Cox are trying to adhere to the original agreement and force Andrade to cut to 135 or pull out. According to Cesar this is a result of a mis-communication between IFC President Paul Smith and Andrade and currently she walks around at 148. Paul could not be reached for comment.”

There is a second paragraph to this topic but let’s see if it runs first.

Feeling like Charlie Brown trying to punt Lucy’s football,
    KM
    Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:43 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

This is sad to hear but anyone that knows Jenn Howe knows that she will not fight over 135….. This is not just something made up but as far as I can remember this is a must.. I really respect Jenn for this rule althought she trains hard and wants to fight…

Chad
    Report this post Post details Delete post

Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:26 am
    Pro Fighter

I don’t know what is going to happen with this, but to say I won’t fight over 135 is wrong. I fought Leah Hamilton who was 149, Jennifer Palmer 154, Kelly McDaniels 186, & Sara Patterson 168. The weight is not the point. The point is, she said 135. We offered to fight at 140. From what I understand she said no. She wanted to fight at 135, for my title. We argued that she could not make it, but from what I’m told she insisted she could make it. In fact she was suppose to fight Amanada at 135 and came in to heavy.
    I was informed last friday she was down to 141 and couldn’t cut anymore. This to me is laziness. How can you not cut 6 pounds in a week. Come on I’ve cut 11 in two days befor. Now I’ve not talked to her about this, but if it happened the way I’m told you can’t just change the rules to suit your needs as you see fit. If you want to fight girls smaller than you, you have to cut the weight.

asciikerr
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:22 pm

Jennifer Howe, You Are AWESOME! WooHoo…You So ROCK!

Hey, new forum huh..wow, cool dude…why no Avatars!?
    I’ve had the pleasure to watch many of Jennifer’s fights, she is one tough mother…litteraly, she a mom & a great one at that. 😛

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?