Ann Wolfe KOs Vonda Ward!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

FightingFury44
    Post subject: Ann Wolfe KOs Vonda Ward!PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 pm

In this classic boxing match 5’9″, 175lbs Ann Wolfe KOs the giant 6’6″ Vonda Ward. Some say the post celebration dance was very distasteful and uncalled for since Ward suffered a concussion and had to be carried off on a stretcher. Others blamed the bad dance on a combination of poor dance lessons and ‘roid rage. Either way you put it, the knockout solidified Ann Wolfe as ‘half-man, half amazin’

http://www.fightergirls.com

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:52 pm

Quote:
    Either way you put it, the knockout solidified Ann Wolfe as ‘half-man, half amazin’

Half man?

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:14 pm
    Pro Fighter

Wow. Nice KO. o_O; As for the dance, hey she was happy. I guess. Everybody has their thing, right? Silly people still can’t comprehend that women can fight. 😛 half man, feh! Thanks for posting the link!

voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:24 am

A devastating KO punch. I wonder (I don’t follow boxing) if Vonda Ward decided to retire after that knockout.

NJFightGurl
    Post subject: Lost all Respect for Ann WolfePostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:30 am

First Ann ducks out of the Toughill fight now she says everyone is scared to fight her so she’s going to fight a man!

Anyone else have a problem with this or am I just crazy? At this point I have lost all respect for Wolfe she is a good fighter but what the hell is she thinking. 🙁

wioramrtn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:26 am

I have been waiting for the chance to see this clip. It indeed was a devastating ko punch. I do follow boxing and can report that Vonda Ward has come back from that loss to win her next two fights. Last month she got up off the canvas from a first round knockdown to knock out Elizabeth Kerin (a good fighter in her own right) in the 3rd round. Ward showed great courage to come back to boxing. As for Wolfe, she does a large amount of charitable work in Texas. She is a good boxer and would make in intriguing opponent for Laila Ali. Thus far, Ali seems to be dodging her. A look at the clip of the Ward knockout might be influencing Laila’s camp!

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:15 pm
    Pro Fighter

Did anyone see Anne on The Big Idea with Donny Duetsch last night? She sure wants to fight a man!! It sounds like it may happen too!

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:14 am

Yea Ward was out for like 10 minutes and removed on a stretcher. Don’t ever stick your chin out for Ann Wolfe. She is still fighting women though, the man thing got pushed back.

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:41 am

I’ll fight her any time.

voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:10 pm

Just took another look at that terrific knockout punch. I think the video captures it almost incredibly well.

Looks as if the referee never considered counting – and immediately went to remove the mouthpiece from the ko’d fighter.

Wonder if a one punch knockout is potentially or theoretically less damaging than getting hit numerous times over a lengthy fight.

Courageous of Vonda Ward to continue her fight career after that knockout. Possibly from now on her opponents will consider her jaw a particularly attractive target.

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:40 pm

Luckily for Vonda Ward, getting hit in the head numerous times over a fight does cause more brain damage than one knockout punch.

bigboy
    Post subject: Ann Wolfe vs. Male match on for late summer or early fallPostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:02 am

I just read on the womens boxing website that the match is on. Ann is pumped and ready to go. Who ever fights against her is going to have a tough match. That woman can do some damage to any man and she’ll be in shape and ready to box. A few years ago, i agreed to a kickboxing match with a woman from my gym. We were both 5’6 and i was 150 and 33 yo while she was 145 and 28 y/o. I knew she was good and didn’t take her lighly. We were basically even for the first round, but after that, she just kept throwing and landing punch after punch and in the 4th round, she just nailed me with some kicks and a punch to my ribs which put me on my knees and a kick from her put me down. I got back up quickly but knew that was it. I couldn’t see straight and she was ready to finish me off. As much as i hated to do it, i said no more and ended the match. IShe was ecstatic and going crazy. I congratulated her and told her she was a good kickboxer and left the ring. I had a new respect for women fighters after that and i now know that if a female fighter is matched against a simialar sized man, she has just a good of chance of winning as he does. I hope Ann’s opponent has already learnedc that respect or he learn it the hard way.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?