Any other girls fight guys?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #10164

    Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

    mma
    Post subject: Any other girls fight guys? PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:48 pm

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    So, does anyone else?

    C’mon there has got to be some other girls out there who don’t just show up to tournaments to go round robin with the few girls there in open weight. Anyone else compete against guys?

    Any wrestlers on this forum? I can’t be the only one. Its kind of annoying when I hear girls say they only want to fight girls because there’s no way in heck they’d be strong enough to beat a guy, and then they turn around and start baggin on me because I do. Like hell, just knock him the freak out!

    Its not like it hasn’t been done before. There’ve been plenty of girls go to state wrestling championships on boys teams. Personally, I’m not concerned about training to be the best girl, i’m just training to be the best. period.

    That means I train to be able to accept any challenge, go to any tournament, any weight division, anyone. That’s the way you’re supposed to train, its not like only girls your weight are going to be the ones attacking you on the street. Chances are you’re going to get jumped by a much bigger (sorry to say) MALE, so why not train for that situation?

    Why compete to be the best girl, because it only solidifies the battle of the smile argument. Why not compete to be the best anything? If you’re not strong enough, get stronger, or cut some weight, do something. Just don’t sit there and say “oh i’m a girl, I can’t hang.” Hop into the hardest, toughest, most stacked division you can and then do your best. Even if you don’t do that well, eventually you’ll get better, and then you’ll dominate. If you can’t win against guys, you’re probably not going to able to win against girls anyway either, so why not fight the fight? If you are good against girls, you’re still gonna be good against guys, so once again, why not fight the fight?

    But I hate it when I’m put down for doing this. There’s really nowhere for a female fighter to go yet fighting girls…YET. In the future, there will be, and props to all the girls promoting the sport of womens mma, but I don’t have the patience to sit around and wait for the women’s prize money to be the same as the mens.

    Does anyone else share this point of view…or did I just succeed in pissing a whole lot of dangerous women off?

    Top

    Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:54 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:49 pm
    Posts: 1334
    Location: Kanagawa/Japan
    I feel the same way. 🙂 Love that attitude! I haven’t done tournaments in a while… The NAGAs on the east coast sometimes have a stacked women’s divisions, though! and they don’t like letting women’s do guys divisions for that reason. I have mixed feelings at times…

    Top

    KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: Re: Any other girls fight guys?PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:03 am

    Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:25 am
    Posts: 364
    Location: Evansville, IN
    mma wrote:
    That means I train to be able to accept any challenge, go to any tournament, any weight division, anyone.

    “Coming up, in our next UFC main event, The Beauty and The Beast,
    mma vs. Tank Abbott!”
    😀

    Actually, I guess I can understand how you feel but unfortunately have to disagree with you. Don’t get me wrong, I am a big supporter of womens combat sports. Hell, I wouldn’t be visiting this site if I wasn’t.
    There are certain unavoidable situations, such as being the only female to show up at a grappling tournament, and these have to be dealt with. I understand that. But if there is a good sized female bracket, why should a female be allowed to compete in the mens brackets. If everyone is equal than I should be allowed to compete in the womens bracket. (Unfortunately, there are some who think I belong there!) 🙁

    Honestly, grappling only tournaments are not a big deal but if we are talking striking, that I really don’t understand. I would have absolutely no respect for ANY man that beats the hell out of a woman, even if she sign a contract to except said beating. I am trying to teach my sons to never be violent towards women. I would hate to see a man vs. women striking event. Before getting made at me, don’t confuse chivalry with chauvinism.

    I am sorry if any of this offends. I have a hard time explaining what I mean on these forums sometimes: I would rather talk than type. Before I got into MA I thought all women’s combat sports was wrong. Now, I’m a big supporter. Hell, I just bought front row tickets for the next Evansville Hook n Shoot. If there were no women’s matches I would have sat in the balcony. I paid the extra $ just to see JulesK (and any other gals) fight. I know there will only be a couple of female fights but I paid the extra $ just for them.

    Remember: Before I got into MA I thought all women’s combat sports was wrong. Now, I’m a big supporter.
    I’ve made huge leaps in the last couple of years. Maybe I’ll agree with you more in the near future. 😉

    P.S. I do think it is great for women to train. As stated on these forums before, my wife does train BJJ, and it is killing me that my 13 year old daughter is currently refusing to continue her training. 😥

    Top

    dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:18 am

    Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:49 pm
    Posts: 150
    Location: Austin, Texas
    Well I also don’t like to see men hitting women… and to top it off, if the women loses then it’s about “SEE! Women can’t beat men cuz men are just better/stronger/tougher…” I just think there’s too many issues with it for standup. As for bjj, that’s great… I think there should definitely be mixed fights.

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:18 am

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    Rox21 wrote:
    I feel the same way. 🙂 Love that attitude! I haven’t done tournaments in a while… The NAGAs on the east coast sometimes have a stacked women’s divisions, though! and they don’t like letting women’s do guys divisions for that reason. I have mixed feelings at times…

    I just go up to the table and say “hey I’m challenging up to the guys division aight.” And they’re like “aight.” If they give me problems about it, I ask for my registration fee back.

    As for Tank, he won’t land a single punch! 😉

    Top

    VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:59 pm

    Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:54 am
    Posts: 93
    Location: colorado springs
    I can see the whole dont ever hit a woman thing. I have two boys and I teach them never to hit women..however…hypocritical as it might seem..every Thursday night my boys see me train with men. They see me get hit by men and in turn I hit back. Basically, it is a matter of there being a time and a place for everything. I am the only woman fighter at my dojo so if I am going to spar at all I have to train with them. I personally feel that on the mat there should be no gender. Many of the men I have sparred with agree on that, even though they would never hit a female outside the mat. It is a touchy subject but if a woman can hold her own then dont view her as a woman fighting, simply view her as an opponent. Women have been fighting since Ancient Rome and probably even before, with many of them in the gladiatoral fights in the Colosseum. Bodacia (aka Britannia) is known as the Mother of Britian…she was a pretty kick ass fighter chick.

    Whats the deal with opposite smile grappling? Its surely not a size thing…its all about the skill. True..I dont care for having a guy on top of me in a top mount position…but ya get over it and keep on going.

    I say…chivalry should never die..but chauvanism should. Watch a woman fight if she so desires, but dammit..open the door for her as well. Geesh..I know…the modern woman is hard to figure out.

    Top

    VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:02 pm

    Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:54 am
    Posts: 93
    Location: colorado springs
    [quote] If you can’t win against guys, you’re probably not going to able to win against girls anyway either, so why not fight the fight? If you are good against girls, you’re still gonna be good against guys, so once again, why not fight the fight?

    EXACTLY!

    Top

    luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:30 pm

    Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:18 pm
    Posts: 76
    I pray I never have to fight a girl my size…. is that shallow?

    Top

    luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:33 pm

    Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:18 pm
    Posts: 76
    I hate rolling with girls too, not because i’m smile, but more my girl-related anxiety issues. It’s just too much for me to handle. 😳

    my handle is a lame ironic joke.

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:38 pm

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    hey this is awesome. You guys are all really nice. Over at Subfighter, everyone’s an a-hole. Its nice to not be run off a board for a change. Rock on girlz.

    Top

    Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:59 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:43 pm
    Posts: 451
    Location: Hawaii, fighting out of San Diego, CA

    Quote:
    I say…chivalry should never die..but chauvanism should.

    That’s great – I love that statement. I agree with everything said above.

    mma – to answer your question about women fighting men… there are plenty on this forum that have. Striking is one thing, grappeling another, but there are women that fight men striking in competition too. ALL of us train and spar hard with men every day.

    And many have competed against men. Adrienna has been working men in grappeling tournaments for days. Rox has fought (i use the term loosley when refering to grappeling) men in competition. Juliana Borges just tied for 1st in the mens ADVANCED division at NAGA recently. I competed in 2 men’s matches last year at NAGA too. It happens more than you think

    Top

    Anystylist
    Post subject: Mixed fights si, segregationism noPostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:43 pm

    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:47 pm
    Posts: 67
    Location: Northeast
    So much grist for the mill here.

    But having agreed on the main point, I’ll also say that weight classes do matter. If they didn’t, then you wouldn’t see them in every legitimate martial art on the planet.

    For the same reason, gender matters too. All other things being equal, the average guy is going to be better due to more mass, strength, VO2max, etc. (Note the qualifiers here, people–other things equal, and average…)

    The key question here is “how much better”, or put another way, “what can a woman do to make all other things not be equal?” That’s where training with guys comes in–it pushes the women’s game higher.

    But this thread is preaching to the converted. It’s not the pro MMA fighters who need convincing, but the amateurs, recreational people, and the public at large. I see it where I roll–10% women, but they want to go against each other.

    So spread the word, not just here, but elsewhere.

    Top

    Anystylist
    Post subject: MMA, one other thingPostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:44 pm

    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:47 pm
    Posts: 67
    Location: Northeast
    Where are you located? No info in your profile. You never know, if you’re forthcoming about this, maybe you’ll find more people to roll with (M and F).

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: Re: Mixed fights si, segregationism noPostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:57 pm

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    Anystylist wrote:
    For the same reason, gender matters too. All other things being equal, the average guy is going to be better due to more mass, strength, VO2max, etc. (Note the qualifiers here, people–other things equal, and average…)

    I’ve been arguing this one for years. Tap out now while you still can 😆

    Who say’s a guy has more mass, strength, VO2max whatever? I want names 😉 ! Maybe the guy that said that should come on this message board. Together we might be able to change his opinion. Whose with me!

    Check it: the wimpiest, skrawniest, weakest little girl on the planet can take nine times the ammount of pain than a big tough guy can because she has to survive childbirth. You think guys can take that pain…prove it (hehe). If you’re stronger than me (not YOU in particular), I don’t care, I’ll break your arm because I’m smaller and faster than you. If you’re faster than me, I still don’t care, I’ll still break your arm because if you’re faster than me, you’re smaller than me and I’m stronger than you. And if you’re faster and stronger than me, you’re still not gonna tap me because I’m more flexible than you…which OMG is something girls have naturally!

    I don’t care what anyone says about fat stores, or VO2maxes or anything because when it all comes down to it, muscle is muscle. There is no chemical difference between human muscle in humans. I recommend everyone read Arnolds Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding, he completely agrees that men’s and womens muscles are molecularly the same and will respond to training the same.

    Something to think about: adaptation. Your body will change and adapt to the work load it is having to do. It WILL adapt. If you train hard, your muscles will respond. They have to. I actually have a theory of my own. If you’re inside sitting at home all the time, your body is not going to produce that much of any chemicals you need to get strong, it doesn’t need to, your body is all about necesity (phisiology 100, I got a B). But if you’re outside running around, roughhousing and having fun, your body is going to be pumping out growth hormones and chemicals by the gallon in order to adapt to the work load it is being forced to do. And when you’re having fun, you won’t even realize you’re pushing your body to exhaustion. I have perfect case-study subjects. My little brother and sister are 12 year old fraternal twins. 20 minutes apart. Perfect to analyze gender differences. My little brother is strong because he’s always outside running around, playing basketball, shooting hoops, and I’m the same way, but my little sis is always inside, doing homework, watching TV or just sitting around. It would make sense that my bro is stronger than my sis, he makes his body work, and as a result, his body pumps out so much hormones in order to keep up with him.

    Girls, get out and rough house! Itz phun and will make you STRONG! 😆

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: Re: MMA, one other thingPostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:07 pm

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    Anystylist wrote:
    Where are you located? No info in your profile. You never know, if you’re forthcoming about this, maybe you’ll find more people to roll with (M and F).

    My profile is updated now. I don’t usually put a whole lot of info in my profile because I find that any voluntary information you give can be used against you. Same reason I don’t put patches on my gi, I like to be like RacerX, you don’t know who I am or where I’m coming from *007 theme* hehe.

    I’m in the Los Angeles area in California. Anyone who wants to grapple is welcome to PM me.

    Top

    jessy_t
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:37 am

    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:31 am
    Posts: 17
    Location: brainerd mn
    I only train with guys. I dont really want to but there are no females in this area who wanna be super tough but me. at least not yet…… I cant wait until our school has a kick ass girls team. its going to happen. there has to be more crazy chicks on this rock besides me.

    Top

    dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:24 pm

    Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:49 pm
    Posts: 150
    Location: Austin, Texas
    You can’t say “women are tougher” or “men are tougher” … it just depends on the person. And I think it also depends on the person’s build. Seems like some people are more prone to nose bleeds, broken bones, injuries. And just because you’re tough and can take a punch doesn’t mean shit- we have the toughest guy at our gym but he loses every damn fight because despite his incredible endurance and ability to take a punch/kick/knee, he is not aggressive enough and the other guy just kicks and punches more— and it goes to points and the other guy wins. And yes, women can handle child birth- I have this theory that women can handle pain anywhere below the breasts, but men can handle pain better in the face.

    Here’s an article on women vs. men: http://www.fightergirls.com (as a side note: this article regarding differences relates to women between 12 and menopause, and they mention cultural factors that play into some of these differences, and ALSO this doesn’t mean that a guy will be better necessarily… fighting isn’t just bronze, it’s brains too, it’s natural talent, and prolly a bunch of other things too).

    But women and men are different, it’s a fact of life, and we will never be equal in everything… we’ll be better at some things, they’ll be better at some things. We’re on a website honoring girls who fight- so why try to be like the boys? We really waste way too much time worrying about this.

    It’s impossible to ever have a fight where everything is even between a guy and girl so I think it’s impossible to ever say who is “better”… and whose to say that a diff girl and guy wouldn’t have a diff outcome? Girls kick ass… that’s all we need to know.

    Top

    Anystylist
    Post subject: Deep subject to debatePostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:33 pm

    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:47 pm
    Posts: 67
    Location: Northeast
    Is a research war on gender differences in the making? I hope not, because I’d have to cut back on my day job…

    DL’s point about any match coming down to 2 individuals is correct. It’s difficult to get two perfectly representative people on the mat, just like it’s hard to find a household with 1.9 children (or whatever the average number is).

    But thanks for the profile update, MMA. It’s good to know you’re in CA. Next time I’m out there, let’s roll. Hell, invite some friends, do a round robin, get a broader sample 😆

    Top

    voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:02 am

    Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:35 pm
    Posts: 85
    The question comes up from time to time in news accounts and elsewhere. Is it appropriate to accept women to compete in what are designated as men’s divisions? There are obvious arguments for and against.

    one argument is fairness – that it’s just unfair to prevent a woman from testing her abilities against male opponents in tournament competition. Possibly she would find herself tapping out within the first minute or two, perhaps not. Certainly there are women capable of defeating good male competitors.

    A person has to think that if female turnout at a tournament is low – only a few in a weight class – any of them wanting to compete in the men’s group has a persuasive argument.

    On the other hand. If a hypothetical fellow has traveled a couple of hundred miles and spent a number of dollars in order to participate in what was advertised as a men’s category and then discovers his first opponent is female, how fair is that? Not all guys are going to be thrilled about having to face a woman in a tournament.

    Then there’s the competition itself. Is it likely a fellow would be inclined to compete less vigorously against a female – avoiding persuasive chokes for instance – and as a result possibly lose? Don’t know, just wondering. Conversely, he could compete particularly hard in order to avoid losing to a woman, which is commonly considsered at least a little embarrassing in the current culture.

    Top

    Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:58 pm

    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 am
    Posts: 37
    This is all humbug. The fact is not one fem on here would take me on in a real fight; some talk and then back out. “MMA” sounds more like a pubescent boy who gets off on this than a female. I could be wrong you all know how women sound and don’t sound. For what its worth I’m still open for NHB challenges. PM or EM if you want.

    Last edited by Mook on Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

    Top

    Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:59 pm

    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 am
    Posts: 37
    This is not meant to convey disapproval; there was a time when I would have been horrified based upon a male notion of “if they can fight could they beat me?” which is also what was at the root of the Greek Amazon fantasy. However I am satisfied that is not the case based upon observation and experience. The simple reality is that very, very few adult women fight or have any interest in it, so that those who do are exceptional. But even in that case there are limits.

    The only people who say in fighting smile is not a factor or an issue are either women (who feel they have to say so to be considered seriously) or a few guys seeking your good wishes. For males it is inherently and unavoidablly smile. They will either find the notion appealing or outrageous but no real man is going to regard you as just another “person.” This doesn’t mean there is any actual serious smile activity but relations between males and females always have a smile aspect. That is why most people, including fighters, are uncomfortable with crossing smile with physical violence or competition. That means women vs. women is fine; men vs. men, not mixed which is probably as it should be.

    Even now when such things rarely do take place, it is within controlled conditions and confined strictures; i.e. rules and regulations that mitigate the situation. The only other case is practice, for which most women have no choice since so few participate in many places. Never mind all out fights (the only measure of “fighting”), which inevitably are, to paraphrase Hobbes, “short, nasty, and brutal.”

    You could reasonably ask why then would you fight a woman if you disapprove? It is precisely for that reason, and to verify my own proposition. I am tired of seeing women take out guys without messing their hair up whenever you turn on the TV or watch a movie. I think it is nonsense. You can say its only a movie, yet you have the idea being thrown out here. If I were a younger man, or a trained fighter I would not even consider it as it would be ridiculous. But since I am over 50 there is more theoretical equity.

    I actually did this once, a few months ago with a woman somewhat smaller than me but half my age. You can appreciate that she had to have a lot of guts to meet privately and fight with a strange guy, and she had a muscular body to go with it, and while rather boyish she was still polite and demure in the way that women are. She was also curious, but in her case about how far she could take herself. It was an agreed on all out NHB fight, although we wound up mostly boxing (which I’d never done before) and it went on for several rounds. She said she’d go one more round and then stop, although to be honest I was exhausted myself. Throughout she was incredibly strong and had an unbelievably powerful punch and honestly was in a lot better shape than me from obviously working at it. She was bleeding from the mouth and had a black eye; I subsequently discovered I had a broken rib, although I’m not sure if I did it to myself. In any event I would say she was about as tough as a woman could be but still at best was inconclusive against a much older untrained guy. So I am very sceptical that very many could do better, never mind with someone their own age, but I’m still open to another attempt.

    Top

    Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:21 pm

    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:49 pm
    Posts: 42
    Location: New York
    I’m up for it, and I agree it should be private to avoid a circus situation. I actually agree with most of what you say, but I’m also curious.
    Are there any other takers?

    Top

    coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:36 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:39 am
    Posts: 131
    Location: North East England
    I entered a grappling tournament, only female who turned up so i ended up fighting in the under 70kg catagory, (I’m 50kg/ 112lbs) it’s all experience and when it comes to grappling surely it’s better to fight bigger people because it makes it easier to fight people your own size.

    Something i have noticed with my training is typically women carry their weight in their hips and men in their upper body, this seems to make it easier for an equally skilled and weighted fight between male and female, the female can turn the guy over easier.

    In training girls have to fight guys because there aren’t enough girls training, I am the only one at the gym who does grappling as well as kickboxing, so in training i have never had mma training with a girl.

    male v female fights, ( i’ve seen one and female won because she was landing more punches) if they both want to do it what’s the problem, it’s fighter against fighter and as long as the weight is equal, it comes down to technique, if i’m not as strong as my opponent i make sure i’m quicker and better conditioned.

    Top

    Anystylist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:58 pm

    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:47 pm
    Posts: 67
    Location: Northeast
    Zoe, you have my pm and e-mail addresses…

    Voly makes a good point about the tendency of men to initially try to take it easy on women. I’d take it further: even a three-second delay thinking about this in a real fight could be three seconds too many.

    And Mook, great post and thanks for sharing. Takes balls to make this stuff public. If I might ask, what was your (and her) weight at the time?

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:01 pm

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    oops, I started another gender war. I’m sorry.

    Even though I started it, I better not get involved. The only thing I’ll say is that I think its sad that even on a women’s message board the answer is still “No.”

    Top

    Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:38 am

    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm
    Posts: 444
    Location: Netherlands
    I have also a experience with this.
    I agreed with a thug like girl to do a kickboxing match.
    We agreed first to do light sparring before we went in hard.

    She was 190 pounds just like me. I’m 31 years old and she around 24,
    I have trained some years kickboxing and she kung fu and little bit of boxing.
    During the sparring I didn’t even land some punches on face/head, just went easy.
    I went down thee times cause of a hit on plexus and multiple low kicks from me.
    After three times down she had problems with her shins, although we wore shin protection.
    I said after three times down that we won’t continue to a fight.
    She wasn’t agreeing at all and frustrated.
    If she trained more into boxing or kickboxing she would have been faster and more skilled.
    She still wants to fight MMA or Bare, but she wants to get more skilled.
    I said ok, but right now it was a big mismatch.

    She wasn’t good altough she was 190 pounds!

    It really depends of the skills in this case, I’m sure some girls here could beat mke easily, especially on the groundgame.

    Top

    Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:40 am

    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm
    Posts: 444
    Location: Netherlands
    Zoe wrote:
    I’m up for it, and I agree it should be private to avoid a circus situation. I actually agree with most of what you say, but I’m also curious.
    Are there any other takers?

    I’m 31 years young, 6,1 feet and 190 pounds and trained two years Muay Thai not much MMA, what do you think? 8)

    Top

    Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:00 am

    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:49 pm
    Posts: 42
    Location: New York
    Actually what I meant there was any more takers, i.e. girls, for Mook.

    Top

    luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:28 am

    Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:18 pm
    Posts: 76
    Would anyone here have been able to take the world inter-gender wrestling championship from Andy Kaufman?

    Top

    Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:08 am

    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm
    Posts: 444
    Location: Netherlands
    Zoe wrote:
    Actually what I meant there was any more takers, i.e. girls, for Mook.

    Ow yeah sorry Zoe! 8)

    Yeah I’m interested which girls want to take on Mook!! 😉

    Top

    ngc316us
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:34 pm

    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:27 pm
    Posts: 3
    Aaa

    Last edited by ngc316us on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

    Top

    Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:43 pm
    Instructor

    Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:56 am
    Posts: 915
    Location: Lexington, KY
    ngc316us wrote:
    a rough upbringing will always outweigh the advantages of training and not actually having the real experience.

    I disagree with you. In my gym we train “alive”; everything is tested against a resisting opponent. I do MMA rounds with guys that outweigh me by 40 or more pounds. I believe that qualifies as experience.
    Let’s say that you grew up with two older brothers that were always beating on you…qualifies as a rough upbringing, right? Does that mean you know how to take your opponent down while they are hitting you in the face? Does that mean you can shut down their wrestling skills if needed? Or does that just mean you know how to roll around on the floor and protect your head?
    I have an older sister who HATED me when we were growing up. She is five years older than me and was always hurting me. She would knee me in the tailbone, dig her fingernails into my ears, scratch the crap out of me, and she even knocked my front teeth out on a bedrail. That’s a pretty rough upbringing in my opinion….but I knew NOTHING about how to fight until I started training.

    Top

    ngc316us
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:19 pm

    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:27 pm
    Posts: 3
    Let’s say that you grew up with two older brothers that were always beating on you…qualifies as a rough upbringing, right?

    Yes but in case you were mistaken, my experience isn’t from getting beaten up by two older brothers. I’m not sure where you got that from, but my experience is from fighting and learning how to do those things you mentioned, and not just getting taught them without any fight experience. So when you wanna put your training against my experience you let me know.[/quote]

    Top

    Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:14 pm
    Instructor

    Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:56 am
    Posts: 915
    Location: Lexington, KY
    Typically when a sentence starts with “Let’s say…..” it means it’s hypothetical.

    And who says that women who fight don’t have the same type of “experience” as you? Besides, I think it’s been proved many times in many different promotions that so called “street fighters” get their butts kicked by trained combat athletes (with the exception of Lee Murray and Tito :wink:).

    Top

    Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:43 pm
    Posts: 451
    Location: Hawaii, fighting out of San Diego, CA
    ngc316us wrote:
    Sure a woman can beat a man in a fight, if she is better trained than him and stronger….. But training can only get you so far. I have no training in fighting, just some experience from growing up and all that…. The fact is I would be able to take on any well trained woman in here and most likely win because of of the combination of strength and experience… Training is a factor in experience and only goes so far, a rough upbringing will always outweigh the advantages of training and not actually having the real experience….. So basically my point is, I am an untrained 22 year old guy that would undoubtedly defeat any woman in here in a fight, thats what experience is.

    You’re really contridicting yourself here.

    A. First you say a woman can beat a man if they are equally skilled/strength
    B. Then you say that experience is better than training, rough upbringing gives you all you need to know to fight anyone.
    C. Then you say you are untrained, but have experience so you would win against trained, experienced girl.

    Hmmmm… I’d believe you if I and every other girl here didn’t tap out TRAINED and EXPERIENCED MALE fighters every day.

    How many “street fighters” go up against a trained fighter and get their asses handed to them. Sure on occasion it goes the other way, but the majority is that a trained fighter wins. Male or Female.

    The fact is you have no idea what you are talking about. Pretty much all men think the way you do until they go up against a Jennifer Howe, or a Debi Purcell or a Roxanne Modafferi. Most men don’t resepect the abilities of women to actully beat them until they go up against a skilled one.

    Shut up or put up.

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:59 am

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    aight, I said I wouldn’t get involved, but I can’t resist a small interjection.

    If there’s no chance that a female could beat a much bigger, much more skilled male, then why do we even bother teaching women’s basic self-defence and rapesafe classes?

    Top

    Kasatonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:25 am

    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 pm
    Posts: 6
    I think Rikki and Maulinator are correct. Most male or female “street fighters” would probably be in for a rude awakening (if you can say that about someone choked unconscious) if they got into a scuffle with an experienced female mma-fighter. A male “street fighter” might have an edge against a woman trained in TKD or karate or something like that, but many of the female posters on this forum are accomplished in both stand up and ground fighting. I understand were you are coming from, but this seems to be a classical example of cognitive dissonance, which is perfectly understandable given that most of the top female mma-fighters have this suburban girl next door-look. But don’t forget, these are dedicated and highly trained students of the most effective fighting forms, especially grappling which is the great equalizer.

    I don’t know, I even think a competitive male boxer without ground training would be in for a ride in real fight with some of the best female mma-fighters their weight. Of course 99,99 % of the general public wouldn’t be able to stop laughing at the suggestion that some totally unknown pony-tailed white girl might be able to beat a celebrated highly mediatized boxer in real fight. Well I don’t know, what do you think?

    Top

    dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:49 am

    Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:49 pm
    Posts: 150
    Location: Austin, Texas
    Quote:
    If there’s no chance that a female could beat a much bigger, much more skilled male, then why do we even bother teaching women’s basic self-defence and rapesafe classes?

    We teach them because most women aren’t fighting men who are much more skilled than them if they’re in a self defense situation… and they play by different rules than in the ring… I can probably hold my own punching or kicking, but if someone attacks me I’m going to kick him in the nuts or gouge his eyes out with my fingers or keys- I know well enough that *I* can take a punch and I don’t want to give anyone any opportunities to get my purse/rape me/get me in a position where I can’t do anything. Punching or kicking them would honestly just be a BAD idea- which is why I think self defense classes are good even for fighters. I’d rather have one or two REALLY good self defense moves to use in case of being attacked… phew… cuz most people- especially men- can and have taken a punch before and they’ll recover a lot quicker from that than if they have my keys lodged in their eye. 😈

    Either way, street fighters probably aren’t generally as good as a regular fighter, but again different rules. And some people are just naturally good fighters.

    Quote:
    I don’t know, I even think a competitive male boxer without ground training would be in for a ride in real fight with some of the best female mma-fighters their weight

    I agree with this. Just the shock of getting taken down for the first time would lose them the fight. Haha. If someone’s not expecting something, and doesnt know how to defend it- lol- ok I would DEFINITELY pay to see boxers experience the shock of getting taken down, getting kicked in the leg, etc. I’m laughing right now just thinking about it.

    Top

    Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:58 am

    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 am
    Posts: 37
    This is really delusional fantasy. Even a male martial artist will lose to a trained boxer. The latter almost always come out on top.

    All I hear is talk and wishful thinking. If any of this were true I’d be swamped with challenges. I’m not but I’m ready.

    Top

    Kasatonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:02 am

    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 pm
    Posts: 6
    dl_angel wrote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    I don’t know, I even think a competitive male boxer without ground training would be in for a ride in real fight with some of the best female mma-fighters their weight

    I agree with this. Just the shock of getting taken down for the first time would lose them the fight. Haha. If someone’s not expecting something, and doesnt know how to defend it- lol- ok I would DEFINITELY pay to see boxers experience the shock of getting taken down, getting kicked in the leg, etc. I’m laughing right now just thinking about it.

    What makes it so funny is that boxers and general public seem to think that boxers are THE BEST FIGHTERS, period. In boxing’s defence though, you have to acknowledge (as Erin Toughill has on this board) the fact that top boxers are tremendous athletes and immensely skilled in their sport. What people in general don’t seem to understand are the limitations of boxing, especially in comparison with mma.

    As for paying for watching a well-known boxer taking on a good mma-fighter, I think is something many in the mma community would be willing to do. Not least because of the fact that such a fight might work as an eye-opener for the general public and thus earn mma more recognition. The vast enterprise that is the boxing community on the other hand, I suspect, not so keen. Just imagine the revolution in perception among the casual sports fan on seeing a famous larger than life boxer being schooled by relatively unknown but skilled mma-fighter in a real fight or a no rules fight. And if THAT would come as a surprise for the wider audience, most people wouldn’t believe their eyes if a Mosley, a de la Hoya, or a Trinidad was choked unconscious by a Fightergirl like Purcell, Howe or D’Auguste (who are, I would suspect, TOTALLY unknown entities for the casual sports fan). That wouldn’t be bad PR for boxing, I think that would be the end of boxing…

    Then again, I might be dead wrong. It would be interesting to know what some of the trained and serious fighter on the board have to say about it.

    Top

    Kasatonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:16 am

    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 pm
    Posts: 6
    double post

    Last edited by Kasatonov on Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

    Top

    Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:39 am

    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 am
    Posts: 37
    That is so ridiculous. If any of these pro fighters could get over the reluctance to hit a girl these girls would be soooo busted up. There is a serious amount of overestimation of actual prowess here.

    Top

    Kasatonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:23 am

    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 pm
    Posts: 6
    Mook wrote:
    That is so ridiculous. If any of these pro fighters could get over the reluctance to hit a girl these girls would be soooo busted up. There is a serious amount of overestimation of actual prowess here.

    That may very well be the case. I don’t know.

    Top

    Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:45 am

    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 am
    Posts: 37
    I’m still up for fighting any of them myself, though my mailbox is empty.

    Top

    Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:45 am
    Instructor

    Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:56 am
    Posts: 915
    Location: Lexington, KY
    Mook wrote:
    I’m still up for fighting any of them myself, though my mailbox is empty.

    Maybe that’s because we know what you’re after and this isn’t a fetish site.

    Top

    Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:38 pm

    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 am
    Posts: 37
    If you’ve read anything I’ve posted here there is not even a hint of a “fetish;” obviously you don’t have the nerve and have to resort to name-calling. It is just a childish reaction because you don’t like the tenor of things.

    Top

    KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:41 pm

    Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:25 am
    Posts: 364
    Location: Evansville, IN
    This thread is spiralling out of control.

    🙄

    Top

    Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:11 pm
    Instructor

    Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:56 am
    Posts: 915
    Location: Lexington, KY
    I never called you a name, I have read all of your posts, and you are allowed to think what you want about me. I don’t mind training with guys, I don’t mind rolling with guys, I don’t mind doing MMA with guys….so long as they aren’t getting off on it.

    Top

    debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:39 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

    Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:04 am
    Posts: 533
    wow,
    I was going to read this whole thread then only ended up reading a tidbit. The truth of the matter is. A strong well trained female can and have beat many untrained bigger males. It is actually not very difficult.

    But as far as trained women fighting trained men for sport. I do not believe that the best female fighter in her weight class can compete with the best-trained male fighter.

    If that were true Erin Tough hill would be fighting Vanderlie Silva.

    And in Abu- Dahbi the women would have been fighting the men instead of each other.

    Honestly I think men have so much more testosterone and strength in fighting, that if they were the same weight and the same skilled the man would win most of the time.

    Of course a well-trained female could still win against a trained guy if she were better. That has also been done many times in active sparring or training, grappling tourneys ect… But im strictly speaking the best females in the world against the best males in the world.

    Women are having a hard enough time being taken serious and making their mark. And if the best are not fighting the best then it does not matter anyway.

    Mook, I think no one will respond to you, because most trained fighters, Male or female that take their training seriously, is not going to train with someone or spar with someone that is doing it out of pure ego to prove something.

    Not only are injuries incurred that way, but people who do it for those reasons really give this sport a bad rep.

    I watch untrained men come into my school and challenge Marco , to live sparring lol. They go 100% for about 6 seconds get hit once and start crying running, or both. Its- quite comical. I think he does it more for comical effect then really trying to teach anyone a lesson though . We all get a great laugh. .

    Me personally I do not train with guys like that, and feel they do not belong in my gym. I mean honestly what kind of guy want’s to fight a girl to prove something anyway hmmm ?

    Top

    Kasatonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:57 am

    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 pm
    Posts: 6
    Debi and KhorneliusPraxx

    I agree that this thread is about to derail. And I wouldn’t exclude that I’ve been a contributing factor 😳 .

    The point I was trying to make is that it’s curious how most people, and quite a few boxers it would seem, believe that boxers are the best FIGHTERS, period. That’s something I have a hard time buying and have argued against ad nauseum, defending mma, with friends who follow sports (right up there with the Superman vs Batman discussion, I know). Reading this thread I realized I wouldn’t even dare predict the outcome of a “real”/ ”no rules” fight between a celebrated male boxer without ground training and an unknown yet accomplished female mma-fighter his weight. That just struck me as funny thought, that most people that follow sports would deem delusional (and maybe correctly so 😕 ).

    I’m so feed up with boxing and boxing fans that I might be becoming borderline irrational…
    I might even be one step from challenging people online to fight 8) ➡ 😥

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:54 am

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    debi wrote:

    If that were true Erin Tough hill would be fighting Vanderlie Silva.

    Tell her to go challenge him. Who wants a championship title if it doesn’t really mean you are the best.

    debi wrote:
    And in Abu- Dahbi the women would have been fighting the men instead of each other.

    I thought it said somewhere on this board that Juliana Borges won the mens advanced division at NAGA. Its not that girls can’t do it, its that most of them just don’t want to ( *aaarrgghh*)

    debi wrote:
    Honestly I think men have so much more testosterone and strength in fighting, that if they were the same weight and the same skilled the man would win most of the time.

    With that attitude, yes they will.
    http://www.fightergirls.com

    debi wrote:

    I mean honestly what kind of guy want’s to fight a girl to prove something anyway hmmm ?

    maybe he just wants to fight a fighter for the sake of fighting. That is the thing that bouies me, is that girls actually go into a mixed match already thinking they are inferior to men, or at least having the idea which has become common shoved in the back of their minds somewhere, and they give off the vibe that men should think that they are superior to women. That isn’t helping anyone. If this attitude is concidered “rational” then lets all be irrational, maybe it will get us someplace.

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:58 am

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    then again, I just realized I’m being a little too harsh because I forgot something.

    Most of the guys in big competitions like UFC and Pride would beat the crap out girls at their weight NOT because of any strength or skill advantage, but because the only way to win those big tourney’s is to pump yourself so full of steriods and inject novacane and heroine into your joints before the fight.

    For the most part (I hope) girls fight clean.

    Top

    Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:24 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:26 am
    Posts: 532
    Pound for pound guys trained guys have a strength advantage over equally trained females. Sorry, but that’s just how it is.

    That doesn’t mean women can’t be equally – or better – skilled. And it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t give it everything we’ve got, or that it’s not worth doing. Which is what you seem to be suggesting here….

    Quote:
    Tell her to go challenge him. Who wants a championship title if it doesn’t really mean you are the best.

    The best heavyweight fighter in the world will lose to your average grizzly bear. Does that mean the grizzly bear is superior? Or that the title isn’t worth having?

    Does the fact that a lightweight would get beaten by an equally skilled heavyweight mean a lightweight title isn’t worth having? Or that a lightweight is “inferior”?

    In combat sports, the only meaningful comparison is like with like.

    Top

    mma
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:17 am

    Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm
    Posts: 25
    Location: Los Angeles Area, CALI
    Rosi wrote:
    Pound for pound guys trained guys have a strength advantage over equally trained females. Sorry, but that’s just how it is.

    That’s the attitude that’s concidered common place, but just because its common doesn’t mean its true. Be brave enough to be irrational. Rationality can sometimes be a limit, in the process of being rational, you may very well be holding yourself down. Decide which one is more importaint, being rational or being victorious.

    Rosi wrote:
    The best heavyweight fighter in the world will lose to your average grizzly bear. Does that mean the grizzly bear is superior? Or that the title isn’t worth having?

    Gene Labbell fough grizzly bears (hehehe) 😉

    Top

    Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:44 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:26 am
    Posts: 532
    Quote:
    That’s the attitude that’s concidered common place, but just because its common doesn’t mean its true. Be brave enough to be irrational. Rationality can sometimes be a limit, in the process of being rational, you may very well be holding yourself down. Decide which one is more importaint, being rational or being victorious.

    It’s not just common, it’s “true” – at least in the same sense that the earth being round is “true”. If you’re someone who needs to hold onto comforting beliefs in the face of all the evidence in order to be able to do your best or to perform, then what are going to do when the castle you build on that foundation of sand starts to crumble under your feet?

    I believe that victory starts with a grasp of the real facts – however uncomfortable they might be. Pretending that something is true when it isn’t won’t help in the long run.

    Of course i want to be as strong as the guys my weight. I want to be able to tap good technical guys 30kgs heavier than me. And i train with that goal in mind. I just recognise that in order to do that i have to work harder than they do, and be a hell of a lot better technically. And at the end of the day i’m not going to get too frustrated and demoralised if it doesn’t happen. At the end of the day, comparisons with other people aren’t really important – it’s all about how good, i, personally can be.

    It’s not necessary to be deluded in order to train hard or to have “heart”.

    Last edited by Rosi on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

    Top

    Seth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:47 pm

    Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:15 pm
    Posts: 67
    Rosi wrote:

    … will lose to your average grizzly bear.

    Not your average bear? I’ll take on Yogi Bear. Bring it! You picnic-basket swindler. 😮

    Threads of this nature seem to get troublesome. A concern is injuries such as what a few of the top women experienced esp. with knee damage. Is that due to having no choice but to constantly train with heavier guys?

    Top

    debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:43 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

    Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:04 am
    Posts: 533
    tell Erin to fight Vanderli 🙄

    Juliana won a Naga tourney ……. hardly Abu Dahbi second 🙄 plus its not fighting. really.

    As far as thinking im inferior to a man big double 🙄 you obviously do not know me.

    And fourthly I have trained with some of the best fighters in the world, and am a realist about the best girls fighting the best men.

    Lastly I do not need to fight a man to prove im worthy/ men and women are physically diff. and as soon as we are not, IM going to be very scared and afraid

    Top

    scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:59 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm
    Posts: 791
    here is the challenge..

    i have 300.00 to throw…….extra cash/

    so debi come to chicago/horner park 2800 w irving pk

    we will grapple for 12 rounds…

    the one with the most submissions ,,wins

    300.00 if you show up/tough gal.

    me i am skinny and frail/ dont hurt me/…..LOL///ha ha ha ha..

    the invisible ninja scarce one chicago/ the 300.00 challenge//yes//

    Top

    debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:18 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

    Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:04 am
    Posts: 533
    ::::shaking head at scarce ::::::: lol

    Top

    Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:37 am

    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:31 am
    Posts: 27
    Location: Chicago
    / don’t //really //understand / what “/////” is / all / about! ❓

    Top

    scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:24 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm
    Posts: 791
    hi debi

    its your best pal/ ralph/

    i think i have been found out/ call security/

    Top

    Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:34 pm

    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 am
    Posts: 37
    MMA you’re all trash talk. You come on here criticizing but I doubt you could hold a candle to any of the women here; certainly not Debi. When she talks it is the real deal. Why don’t you put up or shut up?

    I agree with most of what Debi says except regarding a trained smaller woman beating a bigger guy. Sure if a guy goes in not taking it seriously, not really wanting to win, or not aggressive he can be beat. However, I have watched you, I know the moves you all make and know how to work around them, and respect you enough to take you seriously. So I’m still ready to take on anyone who is up for it.

    Top

    Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:54 am

    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm
    Posts: 444
    Location: Netherlands
    This topic is hilarious.

    Why not make the match now?

    Mook vs MMA

    They both have guts and big mouth, let’s do this!!!
    8)

    Top

    Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:59 am

    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:31 am
    Posts: 27
    Location: Chicago
    Executioner wrote:
    This topic is hilarious.

    Why not make the match now?

    Mook vs MMA

    They both have guts and big mouth, let’s do this!!!
    8)

    The fighters don’t talk
    and the talkers don’t fight… 😉

    Top

    scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:33 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm
    Posts: 791
    yeah/

    mook versus mma

    scarce versus debi

    tba versus tba

    looks like a great card/

    saturday october 6, 2008

    dont forget the date/ best event ever/

    Top

    ngc316us
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:01 am

    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:27 pm
    Posts: 3
    😉

    Top

    jamesjudo
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:26 am

    Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 7:57 am
    Posts: 23
    Location: FULLERTON,CA
    WOW Guy you are way off base I mean I joke with Debi too but come on what does she have to gain by fighting a guy? nothing she is a female NHB Fighter FEMALE Which means she fights women!!!!
    and yes she is a damm good fighter you are lucky she does not want to fight you becarful what u wish for cause U just might get it!!!
    Jamesjudo 😈

    Top

    Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:00 am

    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:31 am
    Posts: 27
    Location: Chicago
    *points and laughs at the chest thumping teenage boys*

    I think she’d whip you inside of 60 seconds, which you’d mainly spend rapidly moving backwards! 😆

    Top

    debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:12 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

    Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:04 am
    Posts: 533
    well I blame myself for actually responding to the lil troll. I most likely will delete the post, and end up doing some banning,

    I just think it could have been a good topic, and instead little boys are announcing ridiculous challenges, and making absurd accusations. on a subject they know absolutly nothing about 😈

    Top

    Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:14 pm

    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:31 am
    Posts: 27
    Location: Chicago
    debi wrote:
    well I blame myself for actually responding to the lil troll. I most likely will delete the post, and end up doing some banning,

    I just think it could have been a good topic, and instead little boys are announcing ridiculous challenges, and making absurd accusations. on a subject they know absolutly nothing about 😈

    ask to see his fight record to se if he’s worthy… 😉

    Top

    jamesjudo
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:42 pm

    Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 7:57 am
    Posts: 23
    Location: FULLERTON,CA
    Just for the record I did not challenge Debi LOL

    Top

    Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:59 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:49 pm
    Posts: 1334
    Location: Kanagawa/Japan
    ngc316us you should leave debi the hell alone. You have no idea at ALL what she goes through. 👿 She is more dedicated, tougher, and works harder than most people I know.

    Top

    Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:40 am

    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:09 am
    Posts: 37
    Hey I want Debi before you; and Erin, and Sunshine. But I’d just as soon take them to dinner because they’re interesting and attractive.

    Top

    voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:40 pm

    Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:35 pm
    Posts: 85
    Compared to the number of males who engage in one or another of the combative sports, unforunately at this time in history there are few females who take part. Likely a number of the talented women are fully able to compete against male opponents and perhaps can on occasion defeat them. It’s understandable that a talented woman would want to test her abilities against male competition.

    However, I’m doubtful that welcoming women into a male competition category in a public tournament is a good idea. It doesn’t look entirely fair to the guys.

    This is certainly not an original observation: if the guy defeats the woman he gets no accolades and if she taps him out in a public event he’ll possibly have to endure teasing and derogatory comments for a while.

    Top

    Rox21
    Post subject: hPostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:48 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:49 pm
    Posts: 1334
    Location: Kanagawa/Japan
    deleting deleting

    Top

    scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:26 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm
    Posts: 791
    ..i never like this thread…

    but the females kept responding….

    so i asked myself…..why are they responding….

    ..and i figured…..

    ……oh well..they will stop responding…
    ,,and they still kept responding…

    ….so i had…to ad my little jokes….ha ha…

    ..okay..i am done…..by the way…
    …i was just communicating with my shadow….,(medication low))

    Top

    fightergirlireland
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:18 am

    Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:25 am
    Posts: 2
    Location: Ireland
    im a female mma and bjj fighter firstly i prefere fighting men because i find men are usally more relaxed when sparring and not so hyped up.also i love the look on guys(who think their superior to women fighters) faces when a girl taps them 😆

    Top

    Irish_fight
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:41 am

    Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:52 am
    Posts: 14
    Well damn, Ireland fighter. My mom’ s from Ireland (Belfast Andystown) and I have half the family there. Next time I go there (within the year) we have to roll, girl!

    So, on to topic- are girls as strong as guys? In GENERAL, no. Not without the help of some serious hormonal manipulation and strength training. By nature, by the fact we have ovaries, we are engineered to produce children, grow breasts and breastfeed, and store fat. I’m not ashamed of it, as jamesjudo and mook would like me to be. Can most men beat me? Sure, probably. That doesn’t mean I’m going to be afraid of you unless you are an asshole and are looking to injure me.

    Another aspect of female hormones is the charming lack of extreme competetive nature. Jamesjudo and mook, you are classic examples of men who fear competing amongst other men and seek out the weaker class to harass and fight. It’s not very honorable and makes you a creep to hang out here and taunt women…. kind of like hanging out in the girl’s bathroom and taunting ladies for not pissing standing up.

    You guys are forgetting a MAJOR factor in women’s self defense… Some of you made the point, “Whe learn Self Defense if you can’t beat an average man?” You must remember the average offender PICKS victims. They do NOT want to endure head strikes, groin strikes, or even a brief groundfight before their crime. They commit the crime in swift intimidating silence. They want NO FIGHT AT ALL because they are cowards. After a woman takes self defense sometimes just the increased confidence in her walk will be enough for a date rapist to pass her over.

    I’m a newcomer to MMA but I’m having a blast and learn something every time I roll. I have yet to MMA fight a girl. Yeah, I get beat 90% of the time, big whoop.

    jamesjudo, you’ve emailed me before in a harassing manner. You know, the one where you trolled the tuffgrrlz board and emailed, so eloquently, ‘HAHA Women cant fight’. Seriously, are you developmentally disabled?

    Top

    scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:54 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm
    Posts: 791
    this thread is closed

    this thread is closed

    THIS THREAD IS CLOSED…!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!………

    …….no more comments on this thread…..SCARCE THE GENERAL.

    Top

    ciscodog
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:24 am

    Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:55 am
    Posts: 26
    hmmm, after reading this i guess i’ll way in. Can a woman beat a man?………..yes its quite possible. Woman do have a higher threshold for pain but often(not always though) lack the power of their male counterparts. I think the type of match would be the detrmining factor. If your talking a stand up striking match, I think the male would prevail, a ground or grappling match either could be victorious, and if your talking a “points match” like olympic tae kwon do, then the woman could most definately win.

    In regards to training, I train with a few women in my dojo, and always hit only as hard as their hitting me. (this enables them to control the tempo of the match and keeps things fun for all) One rule I truly beleieve in is that know matter how quickly you can defeat your opponent in training(either male or female), if your sparring partner is on their back hurt or knocked out, there useless to you to train. You only learn and get better if you have someone standing across from you working out with you. Also, anyone can be caught by a lucky shot( or a planed strike ) and be ko’d. There are so many ” what if’s” to this question that I fear its not worth even debating anymore.

    Oh well time to put ice on the ribs! 🙂 🙂

    Top

    voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:29 pm

    Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:35 pm
    Posts: 85
    Perhaps a considerable proportion of women enthusiastic about one or another of the martial arts will on occasion practice with males – at times in a fairly competitive fashion – within the confines of their club or gym. Understandable. However, that’s different from entering and competing in male divisions in public competitions.

    Top

    sdcastillo4
    Post subject: Girls vs. GuysPostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:17 am

    Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:08 am
    Posts: 1
    I would like to reply to the girls fighting guys topic. I am very new to jujitsu/sport jujitsu, etc. I have only been doing this since June of 2005. I think it is great to work with guys in training. However, I would like to fight some girls to see how I would rate against them. It is also very frustrating because the guys that are really good that I grapple are 200+ and out weigh me and out muscle me. There are some guys that I can and do regularly beat but the ones that are really good (upper belts), I don’t even get a chance to work any submissions or techniques. VERY FRUSTRATING! What do you other ladies do for this? We have only one other girl in our dojo and she is very timid and not much of a challenge. Unfortunatly, I have also not competed in any tournaments. In the past no females sign up and in the one particular tournament they dont allow the girls to go against the guys. Anyhow, like I said I am still new to this stuff but loving it.

    Top

    Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:08 am
    Instructor

    Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:56 am
    Posts: 915
    Location: Lexington, KY
    Quote:
    There are some guys that I can and do regularly beat but the ones that are really good (upper belts), I don’t even get a chance to work any submissions or techniques. VERY FRUSTRATING! What do you other ladies do for this?

    You live with it! You said yourself that you’ve only been training for 4 months – how can you expect to be tapping out anyone (male or female) that has put a lot of time into their training? Give it a while. I’ve been training for 3 years and still can’t tap the guys that I started training with. They’ve been improving all that time too!

    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:47 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    go to http://www.bisons.net to see a picture of a chic (kelly kobold) tapping a guy with a guillotine. you have to navigate the site to find the pic. It’s under the competition team link.

    Top

    Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:04 am

    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:31 am
    Posts: 27
    Location: Chicago
    MNkkgMMA wrote:
    go to http://www.bisons.net to see a picture of a chic (kelly kobold) tapping a guy with a guillotine. you have to navigate the site to find the pic. It’s under the competition team link.

    What’s the story behind that challenge match?

    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:09 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    Just a match on a crappy little show. I suplexed the guy, threw him for five, slammed him on his head, let him get to his knees, locked in a standing guillotine, dropped back to gaurd and choked him out.

    Top

    Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:27 pm

    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:31 am
    Posts: 27
    Location: Chicago
    MNkkgMMA wrote:
    Just a match on a crappy little show. I suplexed the guy, threw him for five, slammed him on his head, let him get to his knees, locked in a standing guillotine, dropped back to gaurd and choked him out.

    Cool! was it a charity event or somthing?

    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    No not a charity event, just a smaller bar s.how run by Travis Fulton

    Top

    Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:30 am

    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:49 pm
    Posts: 42
    Location: New York
    Hmm what does it say when the guys are prettier than the girls?
    Trouble with schools is everybody fights the same people.

    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:20 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    Zoe, are you taking a pot shot at my looks? That’s not very nice. 😡 inda hurtful even.

    Top

    gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:55 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:06 pm
    Posts: 137
    Location: Milwaukee WI
    I bet this guy loved every second of it too! 😀

    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    Dude was so shaken up after the match that I saw him lighting a cigarette backwards in the fighters locker room. He told me he bit his toumge comming out to the ring and that he was preoccupied by the taste of blood. That was the only reason I was able to get such a lucky shot on him. LOL dude was really embarassed, and it was his hometown bar where he drank every night of the week.

    Top

    gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:31 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:06 pm
    Posts: 137
    Location: Milwaukee WI
    You know his friends will never let him forget you or that night…. Poor fella. 🙁 I bet he is still in therapy!

    Top

    Irish_fight
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:34 am

    Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:52 am
    Posts: 14
    Zoe wrote:
    Hmm what does it say when the guys are prettier than the girls?
    Trouble with schools is everybody fights the same people.

    i can kinda see where this might hurt, but I first took it as “that dude she’s fighting must look like a pansy or something”

    I know I’m not good looking when I fight. I know I grunt and screw up my face and sweat. That’s why I LOVE fighting and suck at looking cute.

    Top

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?