ANYONE GOING TO SEE HOWE’S NEXT FIGHT?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

HAMA_Head
    Post subject: ANYONE GOING TO SEE HOWE’S NEXT FIGHT? Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:23 pm

I have been trying to get tickets to this thing but cannot so far. I have e mailed the event coordinator and the commissioner of the IFC. neither has been more help than a stranger in a supermarket. don’t people want my money?

My sensei is fighting Horn on this card and i’d give a kidney to be there.

I’ve never seen a fight of Howe’s, but it’s hard not to hear good things about her because they are plentiful. Is it even still going to happen?
    Aaron M.
    Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:43 pm
    Pro Fighter

I train with Jaquie and we were preparing for a fight. So, unless you’ve heard otherwise…it’s on.

Heather

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:02 pm
    Pro Fighter

Heather — what does Jackie normally weigh? What weight will she be at for this fight??
    I think this could be a interesting fight…but I’d have to go with Howe. I think she’s gonna KNOCK Andrade out. Howe has too much experience and I think she’s just the best all around @ 135.

Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:32 pm
    Pro Fighter

This fight was scheduled at 135, but Jaquie informed the promoter that she could not make weight last friday. She said she was 141 and just could not cut 6 more pounds in a week. Now all of a sudden she will not fight unless we fight at 145. So rather than not get a chance to fight I am taking the fight at 145.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:28 am
    Pro Fighter

Jennifer, you are a true champ. When I asked Jaquie what weight they decided she said 145. Which is what they’ve done before – set her up with lighter opponents just to get the match up. She is a 5’8” or so and last week she was in the low 150’s.
    I don’t want to get to into how I feel about the match up. It’s a sporting event, after all, and the best fighter will win.
    There is no doubt in my mind you will be ready, Jennifer, and I honestly don’t think that the added weight will be an issue for you.

There is an interesting/disturbing announcement about the IFC on my gym’s website…

Best to All!

Heather S.

Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:43 am
    Pro Fighter

Greatlaughter,
    Sorry, I don’t know your name, I was informed last night that the fight was almost certainly cancealed. In fact, I was suppose to leave this morning and have not. Thats how certain I am that it is off.
    If you don’t mind me asking, what do you mean you have feelings about this match up? I’m just curious.
    Jennifer

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:06 am
    Pro Fighter

LOL Figures Andrade would pull something like that. I have met her before and she certainly TALKS a big game. She talked a lot about Debi Purcell and that she’d have no problem beating her as well.

I actually saw her @ the Pan Ams when my b/f competed recently. I think she was in the heavyweight divsion. I had only met her once before – but she was quite petite. When I saw her this time around – I did not even recognize her; she had gained A LOT of weight. It did not look like her natural weight. She basically looked like she put on fat – not muscle.

Debi has the most muscle of any girl in the 135ers. She walks around at 150 and she makes 135 everytime. Also, Debi is not overweight to begin with – it’s hard for her to lose that. So I guess it’s just SOOOO funny to me how all these people (like Ms Andrade) wanna fight; they KNOW they have to cut weight AND are given enough time; and THEN they say they cannot. 🙄

I was gonna fight Grapplegirl and the only way she’d fight me if I went to 155. I walk around 170 and above. I wanted to kick her ass sooo bad – I decided to do it. Before the fight fell through – I was a few lbs. away from that weight. My point is that it’s possible – but not possible if you never really wanted to fight in the first place.

Obviously I am sore on this subject because I can empathize w/ Jennifer. It always happens to me in MMA and has happened in boxing – but not as frequently. So, I hope this fight happens. I hope Jen gives her a bigger beatdown for the weight….and if the fight happens @ 135…then may the best girl win.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:09 am
    Pro Fighter

heather – I just saw the cancellation? Is this true? Maybe it will give her enough time to lose the weight the second time around. 😉

Drop me a line. Wanna see what’s up with you!

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:57 pm

For Jennifer and any other people who don’t know…Greatlaughter is Heather Soderquist, the woman who beat Brittany Victoria at IFC 7/19/03, the same card Andrade beat Buckner. She trains with Team Cesar Gracie.  is a gallery of pics from Heather’s fight while

KM

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:31 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thanks, Keith! I’d write more but I should really get off my ass and train regarding the rumored fight I may have which you seemed to know about before I did…
    😆
    Same address as before…
    go ahead, everyone, spam me:
    great_laughter@hotmail.com

Talk to you soon!
    Heather

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:53 am

Heather- 8) . Told you and just about everybody on your team I take my scouting seriously.

KM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?