anyone have results for carano/ smile last night in vegas?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

adriennaaj
    Post subject: anyone have results for carano/ smile last night in vegas? PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:00 pm
    Pro Fighter

It was for the world pro fighting championships in vegas last night. Molly had some great things to say about gina carano-I know She is a powerful kickboxer, i saw her fight in vegas and she was awesome to wacth. Doesnt rosi fight at 125?
    Thanks to anyone who knows-
    aj

tapoutuk
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:45 pm

carano won by KO in the last round – that’s all we’ve heard in the UK.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:06 pm
    Pro Fighter

thanks; I figured she would do well- I know rosi is fantastic; But gina is a force to stand with. I hope she does as well in mma as she did in profesional kickboxing.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thought this was cool as well- a friend that lives in vegas saw this on the news- Its a cool thing because gina carano was the first professional female fighter to fight in vegas; it highlights her sucess in muay thai as well:

Its a good thing to see because female mma is getting better and more positive exposure.

Tanswell
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:39 pm

The fight was agreed at 135 lbs. Rosi should be fighting at 125 lbs, but we were offered this opportunity at the higher weight and decided to take it.

When we got there for the weigh in, we were told that Gina was having trouble making weight (apparently she normally fights at 145 lbs). She eventually weighed in at 139 lbs, having obviously already made a large cut and very dehydrated. At that point, she said that she couldn’t and wouldn’t cut any more weight. She said to Rosi “I know you haven’t come all this way not to fight”.

We had the option of either turning down the fight, taking the money (no win bonus, of course) and going home OR re-signing the contract at the new weight. We were pressured for a quick decision, and offered additional money to agree (some from the other girl’s purse). Of course, there’s also the unspoken pressure of knowing that if we turned it down at that stage the promoter would almost certainly not touch us again in the future. So we agreed the fight at 139 lbs, knowing that she was going to be probably 20 lbs heavier than Rosi by the time of the fight.

This was our decision, and Rosi has made no excuses about the result. However, other promoters and fighters need to know that Gina is NOT a 135 lbs fighter.

The fight itself was very competitive for nearly two rounds, with both girls creating clear opportunities to win. I personally thought some of the refereeing was rather odd, and definitely cost us, but that’s just how it goes.

We are now looking for more opportunities for Rosi to fight at her own weight class of 125 lbs or 54 kgs. If anyone has any offers, please contact me on karltanswell@hotmail.com

Karl Tanswell
    Coach / manager

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:16 am
    Pro Fighter

Team smile I thought Rosi was at 125 as well. That was qiute a bit of wieght to give up.

Tanswell
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:30 am

We took the fight because we were told that Gina would DEFINITELY make 135 lbs.

By the time we found out that the weight difference was much larger than we’d originally agreed, we were already there. We were put in a difficult situation but – as Gina correctly assumed – we accepted the fight at the new weight (against our better judgement) because time, money, a 14000 mile round trip and future good relations with the promoter were at stake.

Rosi remains undefeated at 135 lbs and below. For future events we will set clear non-negotiable boundaries on the weight she will fight at. None of the above factors will influence our judgement again.

Mike Sweeney
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:52 am

THAT STUFF PISSES ME OFF KARL!

Sorry to hear that you guys got jerked around but I am glad to hear that Rosi is OK.

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:18 pm
    Pro Fighter

Karl,

Would you guys be willing to do a fight at 130? My fights have been at 135 but I could get as low as 130 with enough notice (don’t worry, I’ve never missed my weight). I’ve heard really good things about Rosi and I think we could have an exciting fight. Let me know if you’re interested and maybe we can find a promotion to put the fight together. You can reach me at ammafighter1@yahoo.com.

Amanda Buckner

Tanswell
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:13 pm

Hi Amanda

We will be intouch. Take care for now .
    MIKE

Will speak soon .

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:18 pm
    Pro Fighter

That would be a great fight (buckner/smile), Hope its somewhere close enough to come wacth- I hope it works out.

Seth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:49 am

Credit to Rosi for fighting under tough conditions on the opponent’s turf. Gina also did great going against a top grappler as a relative novice.

Bunch of good fights took place with Erin, Jenn, Lisa, Molly….and Mandy/Rodi is quite a matchup.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:43 am
    Pro Fighter

Congrats to Gina for the decisive win and to Rosi for taking the fight against adversity and making her USA debut!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?