Arnold Classic

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

newguy
    Post subject: Arnold ClassicPostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:30 am

Is anyone here competing at the Gracie Worlds?

KnockOut2
    Post subject: LinkPostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:37 pm

http://www.fightergirls.net/cgi-bin/calendar/viewEvent.php?eventNumber=5

This should display a link to it on the fightergirls.net calendar

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:27 pm

who went and what happened? ❓

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:36 pm

It’s a mess….

From what I gather, the event was not organized well. Everything was delayed. The event promoter, Relson Gracie, planned to have the event in a larger building, but plans were changed. Thus, they used the same small building as the year before although the event has outgrown it. Lots of people were left standing outside. The Fire marshall would only allow so many people to fill up the building.

Then the matches… There was LOTS of controversy in the matches. Primarily surrounding Pa De Pano, Jeff Monson and Wade Rome. Evidently, Wade Rome should’ve beaten Pa De Pano in the semi-finals, but somehow Pano was given the win…then Jeff Monson was DQ’d for using the canopener as a guard opening technique when it was not allowed. The confusion over the move was because some people thought the can opener was not allowed, PERIOD (and that is Relson Gracie’s official stance on it) and some people thought that the move was not allowed as a submission but was allowed for a guard opening.

Evidently, Relson stepped in and told the ref to DQ monson and give the win to Pa De Pano. Jeff tackled the referee and a bunch of people jumped in to pull everyone apart from each other.

Here are some threads on MMA.tv …starting with the longest one. I suggest that you skim through it.

Jeff Monson and Wade Rome posted their own threads that basically dogged the whole event. I can’t find those threads on MMA.tv, but here is Monson’s apology letter to Leo Dalla (the referee that Jeff attacked)

And here is the thread where Dalla responds about the event.

I hope the event improves next year. It sounds like Relson Gracie needs to let someone else take over.

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:44 pm

Wow, a lot going on there. Thanks for putting that all together.

Any results on the pro no gi?

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:57 am

Aparently, that’s not all. Del and Olga… do you guys remember Kizma? The girl that I got messed up against, big girl, like 15, short blond hair?? Well, be ready to get pissed! I know I am.

From what I gathered, she wanted to roll in the no gi division I guess it was 135- and 136+. Something happened and they decided to combine the divisions (I gathered from another girl that there was enough for both divisions). So they call the girls over and combine the divisions. She won her first match in like 40 sec via choke, and then because she was supposed to go against Bob Shirmer’s daughter who is like 120lbs, he (Mr Shirmer), who was running the table and brackets for the division, forces her to pull out! He forced Kizma to pull out of the division, he kicked her out!!! Just because she was much heavier than the other girls, and his daughter…(who got choked out hardcore last year by Marie Colangelo.) OPEN NO-GI DIVISION!

Here is the link to the whole deal over on another forum:

Titled: “BJJPsycho DOMINATES at the Arnolds!!!”

😡 😕 8)

Olga
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:18 am

OMG!!!

I heard what a mess the Arnolds were this year, I can’t believe after all these years, STILL these tournaments have no order! What’s up with that?? Don’t the promoters care at all about the bs that they put the competitors through? I am so over the whole thing now….there’s always been politics and such involved…time to move on.

Tara I heard about what happend with that girl! That’s horrible! I guess someone forgot to tell him that it’s called an “open” division…..poor girl…

Shhhhhhh….anyhow, Pan Am’s is going to be my last tournament this year before I head back to Canada.

You guys be good,
    Olga

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:37 am
    Pro Fighter

Got to say, this fucking site is KICK ASS now! I love the new look. Havent been here in a while.

Yes, this years Arnold’s was WAY worse than last years. The chicks 135- where delayed 8 hours and all the chicks where almost forgotten about! I was so sick of being there that right after my match (I fought 2nd), I got up and left. Got some people together and went to the bar.

I dunno. People are talking about boycotting the Arnolds next year. Im dunno if Im going to fight or not. Someone else had a good point and said that most tournaments are ran this way anyway and just dealw ith it and fight. I’ll probably fight again next year anyway. Dispit the tournament, I had a fucking blast this year. Next year, watch out yo, cause Im gunna fuck someone up in the no gi pro ……..

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:58 am
    Pro Fighter

Tara

Ya need to take off bloodlinefightwear.com as a sponsor. Those suns of bitches airnt even together anymore. They split about a month after signing us. I havent repped them since a month after they signed me. Their site aint even up anymore.

Oleg

Where ya been!? I was the only “older” person from our huge group last year. Well Ross was too. But damn, wher where all of you this year. I know Tara was in bed watching tv eating cookies :0D, where was everyone else? Leka wasnt even there.
    WAD UP ALL! Colangelo is BACK and ready to beat some ass! Look out 2004! Im new and inproved and actually training again after 9 fuckin months!!!

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:01 pm

AHEM…remember I’m in that division too 😛 ! LMAO. I made it about 1/4 of the way there and got side tracked in Tennessee, and just decided to stay there and train for 4 days with a bunch of old friends. I’m glad I didn’t go, you know I’m too high strung for all the bs that went down, I would have lost it.

Yeah, my fatass is gonna get up there for the tourney… somehow. College has MMA on hold for a little while longer. Hey get Jessica to try to get the tourney “RANKED.” That will draw people for sure.

That sux about BloodLine, they were good to me. I never heard anything from them though, they just kinda disolved. I’m outta the loop right now. I’m praying to get the 2 classes I need over the summer so I can get on with my life and get the hell outta here. I’m sick-to-death of college.

😥 🙄 8)

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:23 pm
    Pro Fighter

Tara, I didn’t forget you. I know your in my division. But I knew why you wherent there. Remember me saying you where at home in bed watching tv eating cookies?? Or was that the browine from last years arnolds that you kicked and screamed about that you wanted to take into thehospital room with you and they didnt want you too cause of possible getting an infection from the crumbs?????

Champions Challenge is RANKED on mma.tv It’s suppose to have a huge chick turnout from the talk of it right now. Leka I guess cant make it out now cause she re hurt her knee or something.

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:39 pm

Olga, Tara, Marie, wow it’s been a whole year. Sound like last year was a little bit better. But it’s really too bad for all the athletes that the event wasn’t better run. And of course it was great to hang out, even watching Tara eat that cookie from her hospital bed. OMG who has that picture to post?? THAT was a hoot when Marie said it was a cookie, because it did look like a cookie…
    S
    o who placed in each division, anyone know?

When are the Pan Ams

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

Not a cookie Del …….. a BROWINE! :0P Yes, someone post that pic of Tarta refusing to give up her browine!

I lost in my first match by two points to the chick that took the shole division. I didnt stick around after my fight to see all who did what. People where so sick of being there that some left before they even got the chance to fight.

One guy had no one in his division therefore, no one to fight and they wouldnt even give him his money back.

Last years Arnolds sucked too, but as deffenitly better than this years!

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:49 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

😯

Tara and you wonder why I dont go LOL

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:01 pm

Riiight—-a brownie, that’s right!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?