Avoiding injuries

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Boudicca
    Post subject: Avoiding injuriesPostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:58 am
    Pro Fighter

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on not getting hurt while training. I started bjj about six months ago and I absolutely love it, but I’m getting a little tired of always getting smashed, bruised and having my ribs slightly out of place. I’m sure part of the problem is I’m the only girl and most of my teammates outweigh me by more than 50 lbs. They try to be careful but that’s hard to do when sparring. Especially now that I’m improving and they have to work harder 😈

Is there anything I can do, other than keep improving? Are there any exercise I can do to strengthen my ribcage? Thanks for your help!
    Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

Kaligal
    Post subject: Avoiding InjuriesPostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:32 pm

As you have experienced injuries are going to come a go and nobody likes to be injured…it can be a mind game in it self. Kind of like a test of your fighter “spirit.” at least I like to think it that way.

Sometimes I get into a rut and just keep getting injuried…But lately I have been focusing on my diet and it has helped. Everybody’s body is going to respond differently, but taking in enough nutrients to support your training style is a place to start.

Karla

ttt

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: Preventing injuriesPostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:38 am

Boudicca,

I can relate to being the woman in class and taking a ton of hits from big guys. I just wince and keep going. It’s part of the deal…you wanna fight..you are gonna get bruised and banged up time to time. (as i sit here with a broken foot from the RMSG and having had to fight in the men’s division since the other women were “scared to get hit”) At least your teammates take it easy on you….my shao lin brothers go all out on me. I prefer it that way…since when I am on the mat..I am just another opponent. But dayum..those boys can hit.

My sensei tells us that the more you get hit the more you body is going to adapt and you will just “get used to it”. Dont know what to tell you about your ribcage, just keep your guard up and dont let them in. I know it hurts like hell to get kicked there since mine are bit bruised as well from sparring with the other sensei. (the redbull addict with the crazy flying kicks…i am gonna have to sneak up on him in the parking lot one day..hehe)

good luck to you in your training…

VooDooQueen

Boudicca
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:56 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thanks for the encouragement! Looking back, I can handle a lot more now than when I started. Just gotta keep getting tougher…

And keep eating right…

And NOT let them get side control 😆

Thanks again!
    Boudicca

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?