bbc tv coverage of UK female cage fight

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

flyguy
    Post subject: bbc tv coverage of UK female cage fight Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:41 am

The link below is to a bbc tv peice on the “first” professional female cage fight in the UK.

Getting on BBC TV is as mainsteam as you can get, a pity they havent heard of Rosie smile!

To be fair the peice is non sensational and pretty even.

It is odd that they ignored Rosie since she has actually been on a UK TV programme already

The fighters for this bout I know nothing about

Sako
    Post subject: Re: bbc tv coverage of UK female cage fightPostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:46 am

flyguy wrote:
    The link below is to a bbc tv peice on the “first” professional female cage fight in the UK.

Getting on BBC TV is as mainsteam as you can get, a pity they havent heard of Rosie smile!

To be fair the peice is non sensational and pretty even.

It is odd that they ignored Rosie since she has actually been on a UK TV programme already

The fighters for this bout I know nothing about
    Actually, they ran segment on Rosi smile too.

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:00 am
    Pro Fighter

Cage Rage are putting a lot of publicity behind this bout, which is good for female MMA in the UK as a whole. It’s the first female fight that Cage Rage have had at wembly… definitely not the first professional bout in the UK.

Aisling Daly is a team mate of mine, trains at SBG Ireland. Very tough, would give anyone a fight at that weight. Here’s a link to her previous fight with Nadia van der Val, and here’s her FILA grappling match with Tara LaRosa.

Aysen Berik is sister of UK MMA fighter Sami Berik. I’ve seen a few training clips of her, but she’s pretty much an unknown quantity.

tapoutuk
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am

I can’t get that bbc link to work!

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:49 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

It looks like it’s been removed from the website. I tried a couple of different ways to find it and it’s gone.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:36 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Apparently, Aisling learned a thing or two from training with Rosi. 😉

***posted on Sherdog*** In the much-anticipated female fight, Aisling Daly showed that she is the real deal by dispatching of Aysen Berik in less than two minutes.

The pink-haired terror quickly took the fight to the floor and teed off on her overmatched opponent. A nasty flurry of punches soon left Berik damaged and in trouble, prompting her brother and cornerman Sami Berik to throw in the towel.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?