best exercise for a ghetto booty?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: best exercise for a ghetto booty? PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:37 pm
    Pro Fighter

oooook ladies. i am back to training for the 389025793rd time, except this time my back is NOT acting up agan after a month of going to the gym every day, even sunday. i got fitted to some running shoes at roadrunner sports (god bless em) and i can actually run on the treadmill. not that fast, but for long times, and it is working to trim me a little and make me sweat. cardio feels better every day.
    so anyway…i am a couple years older than i was before i stopped training. i think my body has matured a little and i have developed my mothers world-famous apple bottom. and thunder thighs.
    everyone says “oh you look great, blah blah,” and would guess me at 130lbs which is way off. i never lost my arms and i dont have much of a belly at all…but man…my butt is KICKIN. im sure you guys know how crappy it is to be accustomed to a certain level of fitness and not be in it. im spoiled.
    i would rather fight than do rap videos for college money, so i was wondering if any of you other ladies have to fight for dominance with your rear. any suggestion on particular exercises? ive been doing kettlebells 3 day a week and it seems to be helping, albeit slowly…also some power yoga.
    WHATS THE BIG SECRET? dont be stingy….

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:13 pm
    Pro Fighter

Don’t substitute this for your cardio training, it is just for fat burning in a targeted zone, butt (punn intended) use an eliptical. Most elipticals have settings that target certain areas. Hop on one and set it to glutes. Make sure you’re heart rate is over 140, so you’re in a fat burning mode. The combination of lighter cardio within a targeted region is really one of the only ways that I’ve been able to find consistantly sworn to work online and from people I know. (also be thankful it isn’t your belly! Big booties have been IN for like 2 decades now! Sir mix a lot never came out with a song titled “I like big muffin tops”)

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:15 am
    Pro Fighter

hmmmmmm i will have to try that. theyhave a bunch of elipticals at the gym and a stair stepper. i will see if i can set the eliptical to work on my butt.
    thanks for the encouragement, and youre right about the muffin tops…
    now i know what im trying out today! 😈

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:43 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

lol@”i like big muffin tops”…good one grrl!

X – first I would say it depends on what type of back injury you’ve had. the ellipticals are also good because they are lower impact. running for long distances especially with some added weight puts a lot of impact and compression on the vertebrae. ideally I feel sprint work and kicking are the best and most affective leg exercises, but due to the back issue I’d suggest getting there via lower impact methods elliptical, sprint spinning on a bike, if you have access to water that’s prob be the best since it gives full support yet you can do resisted sprint work in the water and peak your cardio out real quickly. also, when you’re not specifically working your back and feel any twinge I’d strap it up to give extra support…but, you then also have to work your back or it will atrophy and start to rely on the support. working your abs and obliques are also crucial in supporting and strengthening your back. if you have access to abductor/adductor gear that is also killer for inner and outer thigh/hip work…

hope that helps, and start kickin some ghetto booty… 😉

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:14 am
    Instructor

I have a love/hate relationship with my “ghetto booty”. At my largest (150 lbs), my hip/butt measurement was 43″. At my smallest (115 lbs) it was 36 1/2″. No matter how much weight I lose or how much work I do I cannot get rid of it. I simply try to make it as firm as possible.

Heavy squats, dumbbell or kettlebell lunges, and kettlebell swings are my favorites. Will they make your butt smaller? Possibly – depends on how much fat there is. Will they make your butt bigger? Possibly – again, it depends on the current composition. But will they make your butt look better? Absolutely!

As Kelly said, big butts are “in”. So I make the best of mine and try not to cry when I can’t find pants to fit me. Good luck!

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:21 pm
    Pro Fighter

I disagree with the swimming/water exercises. It is good for building and toning muscle, however for some reason it isnt great for burning fat in people who just have that last 10-15 pounds to lose (even if its all just in one area, like the booty) In high school and college I was on the swim team, never swam less than four miles a day, watched my diet, included interval training, always had a heart rate between 150-190, and still carried 15-18% bodyfat. This was true for many of the girls on our team, even the best girl we had was over 15% body fat. Something about the cold water keeping body temp down even when heart rate is up makes it not a very good exercise for fat loss.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:23 pm

right on, did not mean the water for fat burning just to strengthen the back since she mentioned an injury. I injured my back in gymnastics and did a lot of water rehab because of the zero impact and have never had back issues since. any sort of back injury or weakness is a red flag and if she’s working with kettlebells or any impact movements and re-injures the back then all that work goes down the drain and she’ll be immobile which will be even worse. personally, I would just make sure that back and core are totally strong priority #1…then focus on the fat burning which should be more efficient because you won’t have to worry or risk re-injuring the back as much when doing any impact exercise…

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
    Pro Fighter

Im gonna agree with kelly- the targeted eliptical will help. I would incorperate sprints (outside if you can) too. But i have to say- i think a ghetto booty is a good thing, some poeple just wear it right. 😉 Untill you get it where you want it- wear it like its the coolest thing youve got. Good luck with it all kellyn!

themannon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:11 pm

you ladies talking about losing your awesome butts is making a brotha cry 🙁

irishspirit
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:13 pm

I have always exercised a lot and at many different levels of competition, the only thing that finally worked in shrinking my booty was adjusting my diet. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but I went down 2 pant sizes in a few short months (and my starting weight was only 120).

I can’t stress this enough, the ONLY thing I did differently was watch my diet.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thanks for all the replies!!!

I have definitey been on a diet. I’ve lost 3/4″ on each thigh and the kettlebells are really toning me up…

when i do the eliptical i really feel it in my calves and butt so im going to keep at that.

im also doing interval sprints, but jus on a treadmill for now. still worried i might be a little sketchy to run on pavement. im really trying to smoke my cardio out when i do the boxing class too. its a never-ending battle. joe has this new mac incline tredmill workout that im thinking might work my be-hind too.

i would like to have access to a pool because its good for your core. i have been doing really intense “power yoga” and my strength has improved unbelievably, not to mention stretching my legs so much relieves some of the tension on my lower back and decompresses the disks, which is the root of the problem. you guys should see me do my hot tub yoga workout. the neighbors think ive lost it, im sure. always working that core… *sigh*

i have really similar measurements to rikki. even when im at my leanest i wear a 4/5 and the waist is big on me. old navy and gap seem to be the only brands that will go on my thighs and butt.

so, dont worry, brotha…ill still have cakes, just smaller, tighter ones.

Thanks so much ladies!

kaitlinrose
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:08 am
    Pro Fighter

There has been some research that suggests doing cardio after working a specific muscle group (such as the glutes in this case) can allow you to spot reduce (though previously it has been thought to be a myth). I haven’t tried it, but it might be an experiment worth giving a shot. Maybe do 5 sets of high rep squats before a run or elliptical session and see if you notice a difference.

LOL@kelly’s suggestion of a muffin top song! I love it!

irishspirit
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:11 pm

XcashXmoneyX wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies!!!

i have really similar measurements to rikki. even when im at my leanest i wear a 4/5 and the waist is big on me. old navy and gap seem to be the only brands that will go on my thighs and butt.
    It’s a tiny bit more expensive than Gap and Old Navy but you should try Express. Their pants are made for women with butt’s and thighs. They fit me better than Gap actually. Be aware they are sized a little differently and you may wear a smaller size there also.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:19 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hey Kellyn – yeah they make pants for big booties – Apple Bottom Jeans! HAHAHAHA, LOL J/K girl I feel your pain. I got the same ghetto booty / pants problem going on too, but I have just given up already on trying to fix it. More padding for when I get taken down or pressed up against the cage that’s what I say….

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

any one got any ideas for target burning the belly area? When I get low enough in body fat that I can start to see abs-
    i have no booty at all.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:20 pm
    Pro Fighter

ok so i just got this cleansing system in the mail. if i disappear off the face of the planet you guys will know i suffered my end at the hands of lee haney’s 7-day colon cleanse. 😯

when i get some money i will check out express. im just so damn tight i squeak so i usually shop at ross… 😳

ecko, roca wear, baby phat….all those jeans fit me and have a lot of stretch but they usually have some glittery obnoxious crap all over them so i dont buy them. but molly, youre right, it feels like i have a tempurpedic pillow strapped to me. joe’s not real excited about me trimming my lower half but hes gonna have to get over it. when are we hanging out, anyway?

kaitlin, that seems to make sense…maybe doing the focus work on an area “wakes” those muscles up so theyre more thermogenic. im just theorizing but thats how it would make sense to me.

kelly, i have a great ab workout that has served me well. its 6 exercises that you do for one minute each and repeat the cycle twice for a total of 12 minutes with no rest.

1. flutterkicks. hands under the butt, legs 6 inches off the floor, shoulders up…you know the drill.
    2. leg lifts bringing your butt all the way off the floor and pointing your toes at the ceiling when you get to the top of the leg raise, so its sort of a thrust upward.
    3. bicycle crunches. hands behind your head, opposite elbow to opposite knee.
    4. sit on your butt, bringing your knees up and crossing your ankles so your feet are off the floor. you will be in an upright v position. link your fingers in front of your stomach and twist your body from side to side, never putting your feet down. this one is cool and can be done with a medicine ball also.
    5. low v position with feet and shoulders off the ground like youre going to do flutterkicks, but instead you straighten your arms at your sides, fingers together and about 3-4 inches off the ground and bounce your hands up and down, keeping you shoulders and feet elevated. evil pilates.
    6. low plank (push up position) on your elbows.

rinse, repeat.

i thought it was super dumb the first time i did it and i paid for it the next day, and every day after. it seems to be the only thing that hits EVERY part of your abs. you can also check youtube for some cool pull up exercises for your abs. i have to do some of them with those hanging straps that you put your arms through, that works too. hope that works for you.

Thanks again everybody!

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:09 pm

for abs def the ab slings which clip onto a pullup bar if a captain’s chair is not avail, start with knee ups, also rotate left/right to work the obliques. as you get stronger keep your legs straight and do leg-ups, then you can add ankle weights to make it even tougher. jackknives are a staple, incline and inverted crunches. i use a plate behind my head for added weight but be careful form is crucial if you’re not used to it you can put the plate on your chest and cross your arms to hold it. but with abs there is still no sacrifice for diet, i’m now walking around between 140-145 about 10% bf with abs still visible through my shirt…but, as you start to cut below that is when they’ll really become defined. also, remember that back and working it hard it should be as strong as the abs — if the abs are significantly stronger that could actually cause those back issues easier, the entire core needs to be equally strong….

about what Kaitlin mentioned that’s actually kinda my usual routine. whatever i work that day i cardio burn that same area to finish. pullups/upper body days i’ll burn that out with speed drills on the bags. lower body i’ll end with cardio sprint work, it’s killer imo…but as for whether that can spot reduce i don’t believe the hype. if at all it would be very minimal. where bodyfat deposits is primarily genetic. the first place you gain bodyfat is the last place you’ll lose it so i’d just focus on the most efficient ways to lose it overall until you reach your goal…

that is, depending if your ghetto booty makes it back from that colon cleanse, anything “Lee Haney” gotta be pretty *potentate*… 😯

j/k but just make sure to drink a sh*t load of h2o with it…

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:16 am
    Pro Fighter

dude…just…wow.

lee haney’s a bad mfer.

irishspirit
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:02 am

I did a 5 day colon cleanse I got from GNC last year before the BJJ Mundials. It helped me loose maybe 1-2 lbs, but it’s a temporary fix. As long as you continue to eat, your colon will fill up again. I’m gonna start another cleanse tomorrow to help clean me out for Pan Ams next weekend, no excuses for not making weight, lol!

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:43 pm
    Pro Fighter

yeah, i havent noticed that this one is particularly suited for removing the “intestinal plaque” that you accumulate over the years. i have been losing weight though, maybe because im processing stuff before i have a chance to get any nutrition from it…haha.

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:20 pm

GFC wrote:
    f

…but as for whether that can spot reduce i don’t believe the hype. if at all it would be very minimal. where bodyfat deposits is primarily genetic. the first place you gain bodyfat is the last place you’ll lose it so i’d just focus on the most efficient ways to lose it overall until you reach your goal…
    spot reduction is a myth. I agree with what GFC said above.

ATG (ass to grass) Squats are awesome, dead lifts, and some upper body lifts to build some muscle in your shoulders so that it evens out your lower body..if you know what I’m saying.

(when I am disciplined) I do the 3 main lifts – compound lifts is the way to go, (3 different days), and finish with ab exercise. the 3 ab exercises I do are: ab wheel roll outs (with a barbell), saxton side bends (with a weight plate over head), and leg swings/raises.
    I have not been focusing on any cardio at all and just from doing the weights you can see my abs.
    My goal is to get stronger and put on a little bit of size so that I am healthy and reduce injuries. I don’t care about losing weight or what the hell I look like.

and eat, eat, eat. some people don’t get the fuel into their body, and so the body goes into ‘survival’ or ‘starvation’ mode and keeps the fat and you stop losing weight, then people wonder why they are not losing weight.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:53 pm

A lot of girls look hotter when they gain about 5 or 10 lbs of lean muscle. Damn the media for trying to leave us with only anorexic chicks by promoting their “5’10 ft 115 lbs” standard of beauty.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:46 am

well according to karen voight.
    karen says
    girls should do 3 types of lunges
    do lunges all day
    do lunges all night
    this will help get that ghetto booty
    ..i mean i have been seeing lots
    of white gals..with that nasty trunk..LOL)))))))))))
    just do lunges
    you gals can call me..
    mr pimp just dial 911…holler…LOL)))))))))))))))

treelizard
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:25 pm

There are like five threads on the Crossfit site for finding jeans for ghetto booty. What I do is just get a size too big and then get the waist tucked in. Oh, and squats and deadlifts. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?