BJJ Tournament-Indiana University (Bloomington, IN)-November

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: BJJ Tournament-Indiana University (Bloomington, IN)-November PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:59 am

BJJ Tournament-Indiana University (Bloomington, IN)-November 12th, 2005
    flyer is here: http://www.fightergirls.com

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:09 am

I saw JulesK over the weekend and you didn’t! 😛

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:56 am

Indiana BJJ Championship (11/12/2005)

For those not interested in details, the short story is…I lost two matches.

THE LONG STORY:
    I was the happiest loser of the day though because of I had a blast, felt great, and finally got some matches against opponents that were a little closer to my level.

Match One: There were no points awarded for a takedown. I just grabbed him and feel back, trapping one leg in half guard. He worked to get it out but I held him pretty good and at the 30 second mark, achieved full guard. Then I worked on breaking him down and inserting for the cross choke. At 1:30 I finally got my hands in deep enough to effectively try it. I thought I had him. I realized why I didn’t when I watched the video. I stretched out, pushing away with my guard and pull with my hands. If I would have pulled him tighter to me with my legs and pulled DOWN with my arms, I think I would have had him. At 1:57, he broke my grip and we were back to play the guard game, ONE ADVANTAGE POINT FOR ME. At 2:24, he almost passed the guard but by 2:25 I had already inserted a knee and re-established half guard, NO POINTS. At 3:10, he finally gets his leg out and goes to mount but I immediately bridge and roll into his guard, NO POINTS. Again we’re back to the guard game but have changed positions. At 3:55, he tries to work the cross choke on me but hands were not even deep enough for me to defend, I ignored it and it didn’t even warrent an advantage point. At 4:03, he sweeps me. I tried to continue the roll but he stops it and remains on top but before he can think about maintaining the mount or going to side control…I pulled half guard again, OPPONENT GETS 2 POINTS FOR THE SWEEP. At 4:37, I close the full guard again. At 4:50, somebody yells out, “TEN SECONDS!” I figured I was way down on points (I didn’t realize how close it was) so I try a quick out of control submission as a last ditch effort. I open my guard and attempt the crappiest armbar in history. All that did was let him out of my guard and I rolled to quarter and he jumped on my back, NO POINTS for this exchange and time runs out.
    I lost and was smiling from ear to ear. I went the distance. I finally made it. I was so pleased about it but while it was going on, my brain was counting points all wrong. I guess everything seems like slow motion when it is happening. I asked the scorers table after to see what the score was and they told me that I lost 2-0 and I had 1 advantage point and he had no advantage points. The I was really happy.

I was so use to only getting one match and was so distracted by my own personal glee. I didn’t even think about doing a second match. I was wolfing down Chex Mix, grapes, etc., etc. (Mrs. Praxx can pack some serious snackage.) I was also chugging Gatorade while I was walking around chatting it up with everyone there, especially the Llama. Then the called my name. “Oh Crap, I gotta go again!”

Match Two: Started just like before. There were no points awarded for a takedown. I just grabbed him and feel back, trapping his right leg in half guard. He worked to get it out but I held him pretty good. I fed my left arm under his right arm and tried to force his arm over my head, while extending his right leg, so I could take his back. It didn’t work but I at least realized what position I was in and remembered a proper move for it. At 1:05, he freed his leg but before he could get to side control I flopped over and went to quarter. He ended up over my back in a north/south position and clamped down, one arm around my left armpit and the other around my neck. Since my neck was still sore for my Indianapolis experience on Oct. 15th, I was moving very delicate in this position instead of trying to muscle my way out. Techniquewise, my brain did draw a blank on what to do. At 1:54, he flattened me out and started to spin around to take my back. During this I popped back up to my knees and turtled. He had no hooks in so I hooked one of his legs with one of my ankles and , at 2:09, started to attempt to roll out but he rolled with me and got in one hook and pulled me into a Rear Naked Choke. With only one hook in, I effectively turned into it and freed myself and while I was on my side effective re-applied that arm/head clamp down that he had earlier (What is that called?) He held this for sometime and wasn’t attempting anything so I just laid on my side and rested, because I was gassed and I didn’t want to put any additional strain on my neck. At 3:08, he started moving again and I went back to quarter and he went to my right side. He then tried to go to the back but realized he had no hooks and went back to the side. At 3:20, he went to the back rolled us to the side and applied the RNC again. I tapped to it at around 3:25. After watching it on tape, it suck that I tapped because he didn’t have any hooks in. I should have easily escaped like last time. I think it just boiled down to stamina. That and being bloated with Gatorade and Chex Mix. I haven’t had any asthma symptoms in over 10 years…after the second match was over I started weezing slightly. I asked the judges what the score was and they said that the were no advantage points and I was ahead 2-0 on points. HOLY SHIT! I couldn’t believe it. Now that I have seen the video, I don’t. If anything, it was 0-0 with him having 1 advantage point (to my none.) If I would have gotten out of the second one, he would have had 2 advantage points. Oh well, I submitted so none of that matters.

All in all, I had a GREAT time and a great experience. Driving home from these tournies in a good mood make the drive so much better.

…but I’m not female so I guess I could have left all of that out. Well, I still so JulesK, so there! 😛

Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

Oh ya, Im gonna see Julie on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday if shes Lucky! ( and I think she is Lucky )

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:24 am

You’ll see almost everybody this Saturday. 🙂

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:30 am

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
    I saw JulesK over the weekend and you didn’t! 😛

See…I told you that I saw Julie…and this was before she was a star. 🙂
    http://www.fightergirls.com

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:30 pm
    Pro Fighter

You are a funny guy. FREE BIRD!!!!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?