This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

chad
    Post subject: Bodog Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:19 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Rummors have it that Bodog lost its tv contract??? I have not confirmed it yet but was wondering if anyone has info on this

Chad

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:59 am

IF this is true, it might be a blessing in disguise. As it is now, its carried on a network that most people have never heard of (ION), plus they seem to “hide” the show late at night (11 PM). I would hope Bodog would now look for a REAL network to carry the shows, as well as having it shown in primetime so that the fighters could get the recognition that they deserve.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:20 am

That is true .. Bodog has great shows and really deep pockets the only downside to them is the on-line gambling. I think president Bush passed a law to prevent on-line gambling in the USA.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:19 pm

i think I heard the guy who runs it has legal problems in the US. not a good sign, if true

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:55 am

I’m here in Vancouver and have heard no such rumors. In Europe similar rumors were started when the card was cut down from 44 *fights* (not fighters as reported there) to more like 24 fights overtwo days.

My understanding of the legal situation is a couple states passed laws trying to protect their citizens from the evils of on-line gambling mostly through tax evasion strategies and defining the “crime” as the state it happens. Bodog is based in Costa Rica, Calvin is not a US citizen, and to the best of my knowledge follows the sanctioning and tax laws of the territory for which he operates. States can’t touch him unless he steps within US borders but in the eyes of international law he hasn’t been charged with let alone committed a crime.

KM

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:39 am

hey keith, yeah that’s pretty much what we heard from calvin, waitin to get another update. but i wouldn’t worry about it whatever happens i suspect it will only amount to an even better contract with a bigger network and/or more ppv…bodog fight is now a proven high demand high quality production which other networks will likely bid for…

~Lisa

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:40 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Keith!!! Its been a long time when you come back to CA we will have to go have a drink and catch up on all the fight world!!!

Chad

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Results?PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:27 pm
    Pro Fighter

Keith,

Whats with the results up on ADCC? I thought the fight results were supposed to be kept secret until they were aired? I guess you didn’t sign a non-disclosure agreement…..and have some beef with Bodog perhaps?

Josh

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:38 pm

Josh-No beef, in fact I had a blast and am enjoying slugging my way through the photo work now.

About one week before the event I was informed by FCF’s editor Kelsey Mowatt and then Bodog’s press contact Trevor Miller that the results would be sent out live to the “hardcore” outlets, both magazine and website. The specific ones Trevor mentioned were FCF, ADCC News, Sherdog, MMA Weekly, and Fight Network plus a couple local newpapers. The mags I asked for and Trevor granted were FCF, Fighters Only, MMA Authority, Fighter (Sweden), and Manabu’s stuff in Japan. The dividing line is basically the mags with national distribution, like ones you find in 7-11 which are *not* getting the photos and results now.

Don’t ask me the logic, I’m not in on the decisions. Don’t feel bad you didn’t know…it appears only about a dozen people knew and Bodog doesn’t have a mechanism for such info dispersal. Don’t know if they will do this again or not.

I was told Sherdog and MMA Weekly were invited to the show but both went to UFC instead.

Fight Network had a guy there and they posted the results. Jeff on Bodog’s blog did the same.

I sent them to ADCC News and FCF.

My contract with Bodog for this taping was an exact duplicate of my New Jersey and Russia contracts. I did not have an additional non-disclosure form but voluntarily verbally agreed to conduct myself as such for anything outside the venue. I’m in this for the long haul.

Any other questions?

KM

Chad-Gotta burn vacation days at work to travel more than two days o have’t been “around” in CA for about two years. Gotta save the days for Europe. How about meet me on the road?

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:19 pm

In that case, I suppose its all right to post the results here then. Congratulations to Rosi, Julie, Megumi, Carina and Molly on their victories.

Rosi smile def Julia Berezekova 1:49 R2 by armbar
    Julie Kedzie def Kelly Kobold by unanimous decision
    Megumi Fuji def Lisa Ward 4:50 R1 by armbar
    Carina Damm def Jessica Aguilar by unanimous decision
    Molly Helsel def Tama Chan R1 by triangle choke

**results taken from ADCC News

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:51 pm
    Pro Fighter

Officials from Bodog did announce in Vancouver that they will be leaving Ion, not necessarily that they are being “kicked off” the channel, but mroe of a business decision made by Bodog.

This will be good as it’s rumored that they are moving to a more well known and accessable network.

Bodog’s production keeps improving after each show. In my personal opinion I think that they are doing all the right things to make their promotion a success. Also, I think the more other well known fighters actually get a chance to experience how well Bodog treats its fighters you will more and more of them on their show.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:56 am
    Pro Fighter

Oh, I thought they had a huge deal with Ion that they couldn’t back out of. hmm

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:02 am
    Pro Fighter

does that all mean that it’s ok to talk about these fights then?

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:44 pm

Trevor Miller at Bodog (press guru) clarified “The ION TV deal expires in February of 2008. After that we will re-evaluate whether this partnership remains in the best interest of both parties. It’s possible that we will strike a deal to move to another network, but no such announcement has been made as yet.”

Season 6 (Vancouver) is scheduled to run Oct 31-Feb 9th.

Regarding speaking in public first I have to clarify I am not an employee of Bodog or their subsidiaries and am not authorized to speak for them. I was the independent contractor for live photography and member of the press (limited due to conflict of interest).

Trevor told me before the show we (FCF, Sherdog, MMA Weekly, and Fight Network specifically) are allowed to write about the fights and we are running just like the live NJ and Russia shows but the majors have to wait. At the event I asked and he clarified post-fight interviews with the fighters are allowed (I’m coming for you, Julie and Molly!!!) *including details of the fights* (specifically asked about). He said the major outlets like Fight Sport (one I was speficially interested in) have to wait.

I don’t know what the fighters’ or trainers’ contracts say or if they had NDAs (non-disclosure agreements) like I had in Costa Rica (twice).

Check with Letty or Shannon at Bodog if you have questions.

Trying to help but not the man to ask,
    KM

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:23 pm

Enough with the legalities, beans need to be spilt concerning fights.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:30 pm
    Pro Fighter

All the results are on full contact fighter.

All I’ll say then is that they were all very impressive fights and I was impressed by all of the women that fought.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:13 am

FCFighter doesn’t really have play-by-play, anyone willing to comment?

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am
    Pro Fighter

I heard that we weren’t supposed to. If someone from bodog says otherwise I’d gladly give more info cause I was lucky enough to be there.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:38 pm

So the results are out in the open but no actual talk of the fights?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?