Building muscle and increasing strength…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

spidergirl1nonly
    Post subject: Building muscle and increasing strength… PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:32 pm

Hey gals, and good evening to you all…

I am currently trying out a regimen to target a few problem areas where I am lacking in strength…

First, to maximize my kicks, I am working on my butt muscles and thighs. I am flexible enough, I just don’t have quite as much power as I’d like to have, and when I do the kicks (side, roundhouse, front, etc) right, I have this crazy burning sensation right thru my thigh and up into my gluts…

Which obviously suggests to me that I need FAR more conditioning and strengthening in those areas. Also, I have a VERY long reach, so I would like to maybe bulk up just a bit in my shoulder/breast/bi and tricep areas so that I can put a little more power into my strikes…

What I have begun to do are a ton of squats and lunges, both with lite weights (8-10 lbs) and some kick backs and with leg weights and of course 20 of each kick each leg with and without the leg weights.

For arms I have been doing a number of curls, presses and shadow boxing with hand weights for 3 minute rounds (8-10 lbs and 2-3 rounds), as well as anywhere from 40-60 push-ups.

I do this regimen two to three times a week.

Other than adding proteins, (which I know I will have to and I am working onthat 😉 ) what do any of you suggest that I can maybe do or lose that you have tried that might work for me to achieve the goals set forth above?

Well, hope all of you are well and look forward to some feedback soon!! 🙂

RAWK ON!!

~Charlotte

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:04 pm

run stairs

spidergirl1nonly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:52 pm

luvmachine wrote:
    run stairs

Ok on that note, anyone in Denver know of a good place with lotsa stairs that I can run where I don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to get into or get special ‘permission’?

See, I have been looking for some good stairs in the Denver area, but not much are easily acessible. 😀

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:37 pm
    Instructor

I don’t know about the schools in Denver, but my high school track (and football field) was open to the public during school hours. People from the neighborhood would come over and walk the track. I’m sure they could’ve ran the stairs on the stands if they had wanted to. So maybe you could check into that.

spidergirl1nonly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:17 pm

Thanks you gals for your insight.
    I had not even thought about the highschools…
    I can’t believe I overlooked that one.
    Duh. 😛

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:44 pm

I know Duane Ludwig runs at Red Rocks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?