Can any woman defeat Satoko Shinashi?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

diversemma
    Post subject: Can any woman defeat Satoko Shinashi? PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:00 am

I think not.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:44 am
    Instructor

Satoko Shinashi’s record:
    17-0-1

Her opponents records and year that she fought them:
    3-3-0 2002
    0-1-0 2002
    2-1-0 2002
    0-1-0 2002
    5-3-0 2002 (She is 5-0-0 at this point)
    9-4-0 2003
    0-3-0 2003 (She is 7-0-0 at this point)
    0-1-0 2004
    5-3-1 2004
    2-1-0 2004
    0-1-0 2004
    0-7-0 2004
    0-1-0 2004 (She is 13-0-0 at this point)
    0-1-0 2005
    4-3-1 2005 (She fought this girl twice in the same year – it where the draw comes from – but I only counted her record once)
    0-1-0 2005
    0-1-0 2005 (She is 17-0-1 at this point)

After she had 5 wins under her belt, she faced 6 opponents who had never fought before.
    Over all she has faced 10 opponents with no wins.
    Her opponents have come from Japan, Holland, Thailand, and Korea. That leaves a lot of other places with competitors that she hasn’t faced.

Sure, she has a good record….but I think it’s a little premature to say that no woman can beat her.

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:36 pm

To be honest it’s easy to make a dominant fighter like Shinashi seem like somewhat of a paper champion based on opponent records. But really I don’t think that’s entirely fair because female MMA is still a growing sport. I mean people dog on Vitor Belfort’s early wins by pointing out a lot of those people would be “bums” now. However that isn’t fair because those were top or at least solid fighters in their time. And someone like Shinashi has an undefeated record but she has faced the tough characters of her weightclass and not only that she’s done exceptionally well against them. In the history of female MMA she will go down as one of the early champions because of her dominant reign. And that will stick regardless of whether or not she is as dominant once the talent pool picks up.

At the moment it is hard to match her. But the opponents she’s faced are the result of the fighter pool as of now not because of protection. To be fair she has her weaknesses as any other fighter and she’s far from infallible. Her standup is still pretty weak, she’s adopted good evasive footwork, but her strikes don’t have much power or danger behind them. She was knocked down by Hisae during their fight in the 2002 Smackgirl Japan Cup Finals. However on the other side her Judo and Sambo skills are superlative and her submissions are strong as well. Her throws are the best imo of any fighter in the sport right now. And she’s shown that she can counter a good striker like Hisae Watanabe. And I would like to see her against WINDY who I think is a more powerful striker than Hisae, which is possible since Shinashi’s been flexible with fighting fighters up to 120. But Hisae and WINDY have the weakness of having poor ground games. So until a fighter who can match Shinashi on the ground and Hisae standing comes around I see SHinashi remaining dominant. And hopefully her striking improves.

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:54 pm

But to be perfectly honest… who at under 110 do you think can beat Shinashi right now? To call her unbeatable is definitely premature but her dominance right now is pretty strong. She’s shown a lot of heart in taking the draw against Kaneko and going back to utterly dominate in the rematch. In her weightclass she is the top at the moment.

I think her challenge is to move up in weight and fight Yuka Tsuji. Which almost happenned in DEEP 14th. Yuka is the other heir to the lb per lb title IMO. And Yuka has faced more challenges and is probably more proven and well rounded. But she is heavier so that will be a real test.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:50 am
    Instructor

Quote:
    But to be perfectly honest… who at under 110 do you think can beat Shinashi right now?

To be perfectly honest….I don’t know many fighters under 110!! It’s hard to follow MMA in Japan when you live in the states so I don’t know who her options are. As far as I know there aren’t any women in the U.S. under 110 right now – at least not major competitors. BUT I would like to see her fight Megumi Fuji (it’s still early in her career but she IS undefeated) and Yuka Tsuji. You said on another thread that she fought women from different weight classes.

I think you are probably right that there isn’t anyone in her weight class that can beat her right now….but Jen Howe was 13-0 when someone in her weight class was finally able to beat her.

And there’s also the fact that this thread is titled “Can ANY WOMAN beat Shinashi”. 😀

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:09 am

Rikki wrote:
    …BUT I would like to see her fight Megumi Fuji (it’s still early in her career but she IS undefeated).

In MMA maybe but it was pretty sweet to Ginele beat her in the Grappling only match last year.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:51 am

Shinashi would be beat by Erin,Marloes,Judy

As for the rest she is a great fighter IN her weightclass, and nobody is undefeatable.
    Fedor also not, so this topic is not that objective… 🙄

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:44 pm

Executioner wrote:
    Shinashi would be beat by Erin,Marloes,Judy

As for the rest she is a great fighter IN her weightclass, and nobody is undefeatable.
    Fedor also not, so this topic is not that objective… 🙄

30lb weight advantages aren’t exactly fair. This isn’t the openweight days and I think the subject is mean’t in the weight class. Much like saying Gomi is unstoppable, not entirely true, but close as far as his weight class goes.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:36 pm

Sudoraba wrote:

30lb weight advantages aren’t exactly fair. This isn’t the openweight days and I think the subject is mean’t in the weight class. Much like saying Gomi is unstoppable, not entirely true, but close as far as his weight class goes.

More like saying Ryoto Matsune is unstoppable. It’s a weight class less people care about and has less talent. Gomi beat champions and even some bigger, quality fighters like Brennan and Azeredo. If Satoko is so good she would not fight newbs and would give away some weight to fight quality fighters. I think Fujii, Montoya or Tsuji would be very fair if she had good notice.

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:52 am

satanico wrote:
    Sudoraba wrote:

More like saying Ryoto Matsune is unstoppable. It’s a weight class less people care about and has less talent. Gomi beat champions and even some bigger, quality fighters like Brennan and Azeredo. If Satoko is so good she would not fight newbs and would give away some weight to fight quality fighters. I think Fujii, Montoya or Tsuji would be very fair if she had good notice.

What do you believe to be the most competitive class for women’s MMA?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?