Can anyone recommend a good chest guard?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Eithne
    Post subject: Can anyone recommend a good chest guard? PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:45 pm

Hi – newbie post. OK I don’t do MMA or grappling nor do I compete (not my choice – I’d love to compete but there are no competitions round here for kung fu 🙁 ) I do wing chun kung fu, easily described as chinese boxing. If you know it, you know it, if you don’t, just think of it as boxing…

I’m looking for a chest guard for sparring. The last time I sparred the guy wouldn’t hit me and I creamed him (on mpeg video clip too, the poor thing) but this year (we tend to only spar on our annual training camp) I’m going to demand a decent partner. However, as all of the decent partners have turned me down on the grounds of “er, um, you know, social conditioning” – in other words, they’re gimps who will hold back – I’m probably going to end up sparring one of our instructors (gulp…).

I’m only small – five foot one and a size 10 (uk … is that a 1 in the US?) and some of the guards would make me look ludicrous, like I’d bolted some Terminator-style torso on under my shirt. However I’m also a Dcup which means I really do need something so, if anything, I don’t spend the bout worrying about the girls and concentrating on his head 😈

Can anyone recommend one for me? Good heavy impact/full contact one here.

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:06 pm

Quote:
    However I’m also a Dcup which means I really do need something so, if anything, I don’t spend the bout worrying about the girls and concentrating on his head

“the girls” haha… i like that

I can tell you what not to buy- never buy a chest guards that’s flat…. might seem common sense, but I didn’t think about it in TKD so spent like $60 on a chest guard that hurt worse than getting punched in the breasts WITHOUT the guard, no matter WHERE on the torso they hit me- brilliant… it SUCKED. Rubbed up against my breasts whenever I got hit… I think that if I was a man, however, that the chest guard would’ve worked great. HA.

I’ve seen the cups that you insert in a bra, but I haven’t heard whether they work well or not.

WhiteCrane
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:09 am

I have the same questions as well. So far I’ve been sparring just with my school’s “one size fits all” chest guards, but being female and also very small they are like fighting inside a barrel. I’ve been meaning to buy a breast protector but I wanted to know a few things first: how comfortable are they/do they limit mobility? and would I wear a chest guard over the top to protect the rest of my torso or just a belly guard? Any opinions appreciated.

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:19 pm
    Pro Fighter

There’s an interesting wee thread about this on another forum:

http://www.fightergirls.com

You might be able to get some ideas from here 🙂

Anthea

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:09 am
    Pro Fighter

http://www.fightergirls.com I wore this one time GRAPPLLING when my ribs were really hurt, and I didn’t feel a thing when a big guy put weight on me 😀 I’m 5’7″ but I was able to grapple in it! You can’t see but there’s shoulder straps and one thick one that goes around the back.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:41 am
    Pro Fighter

Turtle shells. They are as close to a cup as women can get. They are two plastic breast shaped cups that fit in a special sports bra with a pocket for them. They slide around a little but will protect as good as anything else out there and don’t add a lot of bulk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?