Carano / Maxwell

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

chad
    Post subject: Carano / Maxwell Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:33 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

I just watched the warrior nation on these 2 fighters…. I would like to see the whole fight to judge it…. To me it looked close any opinions????
    all in all a good show

Tito thanks for the women support hope you get your ass tooled again!!!

hanoverfist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:37 pm

As I commented earlier in a previous thread I think Carano has some real talent in her standup game and shouldn’t be taken lightly, as for her ground game she has a lot to learn and she admits as much on the show. Still she survived that nasty looking triangle choke in the closing seconds of the fight to reverse it and win the decision. All in all a great effort from both girls and I would like to see both of them continue pursuing an mma carreer. However, Dana whites comments about women fighting in mma and the UFC were rather discouraging. When the owner of the largest mma fighting event in the USA speaks out against female fighters and says he will not endorse it..well..it doesn’t speak well of him and it really flies in the face of all the hard work that’s going on right now to promote women in the sport. I think Debi needs to go slap a choke hold on his ass! 😈

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:33 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

I remeber back a few years ago when Debi was asking Terry owner of King Of The Cage to fight on his show… His reply was NO WOMEN! Guess what? Debi was the first female to finally convince him and she fought on the card.. I know Dana has flown Debi to Las Vegas to meet with him some time ago but he is a hard nut to crack right now… I am going to use Amanda Buckner as an example… Amanda is a great fighter stand up and ground she would be awsome for the UFC but instead people see the 2 women from warrior nation hawaii and claim to be a pro MMA this makes guys and Dana want to look away and say women suck!

Debi now managing male and female fighters is working hard to get the IFL to have females on it. One thing that has to happen is if women are going to fight they cannot pick and chose their fights….

BTW all Debi’s female fighters have been signed already to different shows even some 3 fight deals… Do some of you fighters have contracts yet???
    Chad

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:52 pm

I was really impressed with both girls. Both very feminine as they are tough. What was bothersome were the comments by Tito Ortiz and Dana White. Now Tito is just a hammerhead with a taste for smile, so he can be as neanderthal and unevolved as he likes. Why would you expect sophisticated thought from him? It seems like he has a fan-base for that retrograde thinking and behavior. Dana White is another matter.

So he will deny valid, trained women an opportunity, JUST because he doesn’t like it?

What a paternalistic, chauvanistic view. Since when does this violence-pimp show concern? His whole reason to exist is to make money from promoting people beating the crap out of one another.

Seems like all the state athletic commissions who suddenly reversed their long-standing bans on MMA should receive some serious political and lawsuit heat about this blatant smile discrimination .

Private businesses such as the UFC can discriminate as they see fit I guess, but they should NOT receive a state license to be able to do so.

Maybe some political pressure should be applied to some commissions and some governors. The UFC can’t hire every commission head like they did in Nevada.

Hey Dana. There is nothing sensitive or compassionate about your chosen field. Quit being a non-evolved hammerhead like Tito.

If you look at the amount of money you could make by letting the girls play, your moral qualms probably will fade away. They have before, right?
    Last edited by fight4you on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:29 pm
    Pro Fighter

TTT

Good Post!

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:38 pm
    less internet
    Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:24 pm

as the line goes, ‘follow the money’

guess what will happen to dana white’s concern for the fairer-gender when there is money to be made with them being pounded.

if he is going to be a violence-pimp, then be one for both genders.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?