carano vs cyborg, who takes it?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

murka
    Post subject: carano vs cyborg, who takes it? Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:21 pm

If we assume that Cris Cyborg can actually get though Jen Case, we will have Cyborg and Carano on a collision course in the EliteXC. Both fighters are undefeated, in the same weight class, always put on an exciting performance. I won’t be surprised if they put this female superfight on the first CBS show right below Kimbo.

Gina Carano is a powerful striker and a lot more technical than Cris Cyborg, but she would have to weather the chute boxe aggression early in the fight. The unknown variable is have both fighters kept up with their training? Gina Carano has been working on the american gladiator show in detriment to her fighting career and looks out of shape right now, while Cris Cyborg hasn’t fought in a year.

No disrespect to Jen Case, if she wins her fight she becomes the contender to dethrone the ‘face of female mma’ of course. But Cris Cyborg has put on such a dominating performance in every single one of her fights it’s hard not to think about her as the favorite.

One thing I don’t understand is why is Case/Cyborg fight billed at 140lb? From what I understand 140lb is a bogus class that EXC created specifically so that Gina Carano could fight smaller opponents. Nobody uses the 140lb weight class except for pro elite. Now that they beefed up the division, why continue the charade? I think both Jen Case and Cris Cybrog would be very comfortable fighting at 145lb, no? Besides when one of them fights Gina Carano in the future, I am sure Gina would appreciate fighting at 145 so that she doesn’t try to kill herself cutting weight?

Another thing is why would Debi decline the offer to fight in EliteXC, while managing the fighter who is going to be on the MAIN card with a possibility of fighting Gina Carano in the near future (considering how shallow the pool of female fighters is in exc right now, all you need is one or two good wins to be in the spotlight on showtime). Was the offer really that bad? Fans would like to know.
    ________
    MERCEDES-BENZ W111 SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by murka on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sako
    Post subject: Re: carano vs cyborg, who takes it?PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:39 pm

All of Cyborg’s fight have been against cans except Vannessa Porto, who still managed to put on a good fight despite being oversized. Anybody can swing like a motherf***er on somebody that doesn’t know how to fight, doing it on a trained striker is something else. Everytime chute boxe fighters fought good counter-strikers, they lost. They have a swing-for-the-fences style that’s exciting to watch, but often gets them caught too. I give the standup to Gina Carano and maybe the ground to Cris Cyborg.

murka
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:14 pm

________
    Motorcycle Tires
    Last edited by murka on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:06 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

I don’t think there will be a womens fight on the first CBS show. Gina will need more time to get back into things after the upcoming American Gladiator tapings and EliteXC wants to concentrate on selling Kimbo Slice. June is more likely. Considering her lack of experience outside one promotion in Brazil, assuming Cyborg will win is premature.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:06 am

frankp316 wrote:
    I don’t think there will be a womens fight on the first CBS show. Gina will need more time to get back into things after the upcoming American Gladiator tapings and EliteXC wants to concentrate on selling Kimbo Slice. June is more likely. Considering her lack of experience outside one promotion in Brazil, assuming Cyborg will win is premature.
    You think they’re giving Gina a free ride, they’re giving Kimbo an even freer ride. I wish I can beat up a old acoholic on TV for $140,000.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:18 am

agree with Frank that Gina prob won’t be ready for the debut CBS show which is slated for April 26…however, it’s a 2 hour telecast and feel that throwing a female fight in the mix will only attract an even wider demographic audience…Julie, Tonya, Kaitlin, or “other surprises” would all be great depending on who they choose to fight Shayna on the Showtime card which obviously would be to soon for those 2 girls…

as for this fight I also agree it’s too premature to assume anything yet. it’s been over 2 years since Cris’ last fight and although her performance level does look xcellent had her hands full with Vanessa. Jen C is a very good fighter in her own right. and like I said as long as it is not a last minute cut should look even better at 140, same with Cris who was actually a bit too bulky imo…

and no-one is gettin any free rides it’s simply a matter of #s and whoever draws more gets more, Kimbo draws more than any other fighter on Showtime…

oslooskar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:52 am

With the exception of Vanessa Porto all of Cris Cyborg’s MMA opponents appear to have been unseasoned beginners. Therefore her upcoming bout with Jen Case should be more telling of her true abilities than any of her previous fights.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:46 am
    Pro Fighter

I hate to say it- But I think Gina beats Cyborg like 8 out of 10 times.

oslooskar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Personally, I wouldn’t give either of them a chance against Erin Toughill.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:53 am

Erin T had retired is another who has not fought in over a year and a half…
    her last fight was a pretty tough battle with Jen C but i agree if she is in shape (which it looks like) has the goods to beat anyone…however, potentially so can any other top girls we mentioned here plus new up-and- comers like the Sara K, Kaitlin, and several others who have/will be transitioning and coming out of the woodwork…

in mma because of all the variables upsets and the unexpected are commonplace. remember all that hype about Pride fighters being SO much better than UFC and most of these Sherdog MB ding dongs were *totally* convinced of that…well, we’ve now seen the reality of how that bs speculation played out. lol

so until they actually fight this is all just speculation. anyone at a specific level could possibly win…or, lose then come back in a rematch and beat that same opponent next time. there are a number of “bests” Erin is one of them, so are Tara, Amanda, Shayna, Gina, Debi, Rox and several others in the top rankings…

the important thing is getting the best matchups to actually happen win or lose, and anyone holding out for bullshit $ reasons is only hurting themselves imo.. hell Brock Lesnar got 250k having ZERO fights and not even transitioning from another fighting form but WWE “staged wrestling entertainment” of all things! meanwhile Frank Mir who beat him and has *way* more legit fighting experience only got 80k. that’s just how the fight game business is whether guys or girls. also, anyone believing these manufactured rumors about “designed weight classes” is buying into more garbage. fact is there are no standardized weight classes yet so that’s just sh*t people are making up in their heads. various other girls have fought at 140 and even FFF has had 140 and under fights as well…

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:10 pm

If this were to happen, Gina better take her opponent and her training seriously, because we all know she likes to let herself go. Karo Parisyan is notorious for the same thing, he doesn’t get nearly as many attacks for it as Gina. I guess it has to do with the gender double standard.

JDF
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:33 pm

From the fights that I have seen I believe Gina would prove a tough opponent for Cyborg or Toughill.
    Cyborg uses her power to pummel the fight out of the fighters in the fights Ive seen, and from what Ive seen from Carano…Cyborg would need a good 15 rounds to pummel the fight out of her…I think it would be an amazing fight.
    Erin and Gina are both great strikers. But if I had to place money on a bet I’d have to go with Gina…mainly cause of her gameness. I cant see Gina giving up. But it seemed to me that Toughill basically gave up in the middle of her fight between Ali. If you dont knock Gina out, win by decision, or pull her arm completely off her torso…I dont think you gonna beat her…lol…just my opinion and you know what they say about those… 😉
    I was really looking forward to the Cyborg vs Case fight!!! 😡

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:00 pm

JDF wrote:
    If you dont knock Gina out, win by decision, or pull her arm completely off her torso…I dont think you gonna beat her…lol…
    So even if you pop her knee with a heel hook, she’ll still kick your ass with one leg?

JDF
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:43 pm

lol…nothing I say should ever be taken too literally. 8)

Without my colorful exxageration I simply meant that Gina very aggressive when she enters a cage/ring. I cant see Cyborg controlling her like she did the women shes fought in the past. Porto is a great fighter and she didnt give up in the fight with Cyborg…but to me it seemed as tho she was intimitadated and seriuosly overwhelmed by Cyborg. If memory serves the bout did go to decision. I think i read in another post that was early in Porto’s career.
    I think that a fight between Carano and Cyborg would be amazing. Both are aggressive fighters. This would be a brawl for sure. it would be explosive and my heart would burst from my chest sometime in the opening round probably.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?