Chest Protection

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Strikesubmit
    Post subject: Chest Protection Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:49 am

I’m fairly new to brazilian jiu jitsu (only been training for a few months). Most of the time I don’t have any problems, but when doing some drilling for different side mounts where I am putting all my weight on my chest or my partner is putting all of their weight on mine, well to be frank its killing my boobs.

I’ve read in different places that there are bras with plastic inserts (like male cups), but mostly I’ve heard complaints (they are a hindrance, they hurt worse).

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them and what you think about them?

I also don’t know if size is a big factor or not, mine are on the small side.

Today I am binding them down with an ace bandage and putting my sports bra over, I will let you know if that helps.

ornery
    Post subject: Re: Chest ProtectionPostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:26 pm

I’m a B and I hate the plastic inserts. they just dig into your ribs and hurt really bad. Plus they don’t stay in place very well.

Even during drills, when your partner has you under their side-mount, you should be turning toward them with at least one of your forearms in their way. That should take pressure off your chest pretty quick and make the drill more realistic.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

I like the turtle shell ones- plastic inserts. I always wear them to fight and train.

They do dig in a bit, but not that bad.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?