Chiropractic Care

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

TheMissingLink
    Post subject: Chiropractic Care PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:43 am

Do any of you go, or have you been to a chiropractor? If so, what exactly for, and do you think it helped you? Thanks ahead of time for any feedback.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:38 am
    Instructor

I have not been to one but I have several friends who are physical therapists that say chiropractors are a rip off.

TheMissingLink
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:46 am

That’s sorta what I’m worried about. I talk to some people who say they’re fine, and some people think they’re not worth anything. I’m not sure what to think.

FightingFury44
    Post subject: responsePostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:42 pm

My self being a massage therapist , I suggest you get a full body massage or a deep tissue massage to relax the muscles from pulling on your bones in diffrent directions and then seeing a chiropractore to be set back in place. with the muscles relaxed the setting will be worth it cause then you will not have to do repeat visits and your body will be realigned with is chi flow as well. the muscles will have been worked out and relaxed good enough that your bones will line back up in good alignment do not fall prey to the follow up visits. cause thats how they sucker you in by telling you to come back so often. with the massage you will not need to go back. just keep that inmind.

let me know what you think or decide.

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:37 pm

Just make sure they are a chiropractic MD (a real doctor). I wouldnt let anyone other than a doctor mess with my spine.

TheMissingLink
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:11 am

Thanks alot for the information guys. I went to a chiropractor who seemed to know what he was doing. My back feels better for now anyway. I do think I will try to get a routine massage to keep my back muscles from getting so tight again. Hope everyone’s doing well.

FightingFury44
    Post subject: gladPostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:06 pm

Iam glad you got your self taken care of there Link. Always a good idea before a message is soak in the hot tub so the muscles will be at a state or loosenness and semi relaxation or no hot tub then hot shower or bath. So that the therapist will not have to book you for another session cause you were so tight. also if the therapist has an easy time working on you then there fingers and wrists will not crap out on you from being tired and sore cause your tense. so that means more time invested in your muscle manipulation and more relaxation for you.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:46 am
    Pro Fighter

this is an interesting post.
    I have visited chiropractors in the past with no ill effects, but a couple months ago I went to a chiropractor who was offering to treat our team for free. This guy took no x-rays, and did all manual adjustments. Shortly thereafter, I got a really bad pain in my lower back that trailed off to one side and aggravated me most while kickboxing. I then went to another doctor who does chiropractic + alternative therapies, who ran several tests and came to the conclusion that I had torn/inflamed some of the tissue that holds my sacro illiac in place. Well, it seemed odd to me that none of this had given me problems until this rather large and aggressive chiropractor (who looks like Tony Soprano) had “adjusted” me.
    Needless to say, I don’t visit Dr. Soprano anymore.
    Also, I was rolling with Marie Colangelo on Tuesday and re-injured it!!!!!!!!
    I had to go to Urgent Care the next day and this really smile doctor gave me a shot and put me on flexoril!!!!!
    So, I missed kickboxing on Wednesday which I was MAD about and Marie got to go and have all the fun without me. The end. 👿

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?