Clarification on 3 min round times for California…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Maulinator
    Post subject: Clarification on 3 min round times for California… Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

It appears that there is no official rule that prohibits experienced females from competing the full 5 min. rounds.

Official Word from California Athletic Commission – The Promoter decides how long your rounds will be. If a promoter does put in for 5 minute rounds the Commission Will look at any fighters experience level to make sure they meet the criteria for a 5 minute round. Male/Female does not matter. There are several male fighters currently being restricted to 3 minute rounds based on their experience. Another consideration for the promoter is they are restricted to a time frame when putting on a promotion. If they restrict fights to 3 minutes they can include more fights and fighters on the card. 5 minute rounds equal less fights on the card. So if you are an experienced fighter and want 5 minute rounds make it known with the promoter from the beginning and you just may get your wish as there is NOTHING in the rules prohibiting it!

I did speak to the Athletic Commission this morning directly and there doesn’t need to be anything put on the agenda as it is the same process for both smile. I hope this clears it up. Any more questions feel free to shoot them my way.

Kim Winslow
    SOOOO ladies it is now up to US to stand strong and insist that you get fair treatment as an experienced fighter!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:13 am
    Pro Fighter

seriously? wow I hope so! I hate those three minute rounds.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?