Confirmed Rumour? Irma Verhoeff wants to fight a man?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Executioner
    Post subject: Confirmed Rumour? Irma Verhoeff wants to fight a man?PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:43 am

I’ve read on the dutch shotoforum that Irma Verhoeff wants to fight a man of MMA rules.

Perhaps against Regilio Tuur the dutch ex pro boxer, who did one year sentence cause he beated up his former wife a few times.
    He is like Mike Tyson and he fought also in the States.

What do you think about Irma Verhoeff vs a man on MMA rules?
    And which opponent would you like?
    Last edited by Executioner on Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:28 am
    Pro Fighter

LMFAO! Maybe she she worry about beating GIRLS first! LOL

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:32 am
    Pro Fighter

Executioner – Obvioulsy, I don’t cannot read Dutch. I did see you mentioned my name…what did you say – and what did the other person say? I tried to get her to fight me on the next card she is on – but she is fighting Yoko Takahashi AGAIN.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:56 am

Hello Erin!

I mentioned your name, I brought some ideas for Marc de Weerd (Hot2Handle promotor) for oppenents for Irma, But I know last couple of years, it never worked out to do a match.
    Marc is posting there also!
    Would be awesome to see the long awaited match between the two toughests women fighters Irma and you Erin! 😉

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:05 am

Translation about what Cartmen said, Erin would dare to fight her.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:51 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Really what is the point. I am sure a lot of us women can beat lesser skilled men, who are either lighter, or have been training a lot less time, Are really weak in an area where we may be strong. but the truth of the matter is.

The top women MMA fighters going against the top guys in her weight class would destroyed. can you see Erin or Erma fighting BJ Penn or Matt Hughes , Sean Shrek, Lawler, Newton, Romi Aram. or even the lighter guys. at 155 Yves Edwards or Shaolin, Duane Ludwig Rich Crunkilton, Heremes Franca,
    I Put my name in once at Kage Kombat before I had my first fight, and was willing to fight a guy, just to get some MMA ring exp. I was desparate to fight, but that was a long time ago, and would never be willing to do it now.

It is a Lose Lose situation, for the guy, If he wins So what he beat a girl, if he loses he lost to a girl.

I Feel for Erma not being able to find an opponant, but fighing a guy IMO is not the answer. 😯

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:04 am

I understand what you mean, It is also because there are not many opponents to chose from, especially in Irma and Erin’s weightclass.
    But there are coming some new women MMA fighters in Holland and a lot of kickboxers but mostly lower weightclasses.
    But in this case and as I’ve read on the forum, is it Irma’s dream and challenge to fight a man one time!

We all know that Lucia Rijker (the dutch, who is no pro boxer in USA) did also a fight (Muay Thai match) against a man, a thai which was not the toughest of them all, but she went down on the canvas.

Well I think it sure gets more attention, but yes it could become like a freak-show.
    For me as MMA-fan it’s allright, it would be a challenge to watch it.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:07 am

debi wrote:
    I Put my name in once at Kage Kombat before I had my first fight, and was willing to fight a guy, just to get some MMA ring exp. I was desparate to fight, but that was a long time ago, and would never be willing to do it now.
    Did you actually fight Debi?
    How did the fight went?

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:03 am
    Pro Fighter

No…I think Debi meant that she WAS going to – but she did not.

Of course Debi and I could beat lesser skilled men – it’s easy. But I would NOT want to fight Matt Hughes or Robbie Lawler LOL They are in my weight class! I could see it now – Debi x Genki Sudo! Holy shit. Anyways, fighting men for REAL is ridiculous….

Executioner – I put up my challenge for Irma. You can translate if someone does not understand LOL How funny that anyone would say I am SCARED to fight her!? Ha! I respect her alot and she’s tough as heck – but she WILL NOT beat me.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:25 am

Great!

Would be a awesome match!
    We will see what happens when you collide!

Executioner
    Post subject: Yvette BurtonPostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:20 pm

What I’ve just read in the stats on the fighters section that the british Yvette Burton fought THREE matches against men??

Titles and Accomplishments: 3 of Yvettes fights have been against male opponents in the UK
    Over All Record: 5 amateur fights 3/2
    Former Trainers:

Maybe somebody can tell us, how that went???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?