Cutting Weight (the right way)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

BudoGal
    Post subject: Cutting Weight (the right way) PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:12 pm

So I decided to train for my first fight. Unfortunatley I have to drop like 30 lbs to get to the weight class my trainer wants me to fight at. I know a lot of it’s muscle, but that muscle’s also covered by a “healthy” layer of fat. I’m trying to eat chicken and brown rice and veggies for dinner and lower my chocolate intake [:-|], and I’m also starting to try to run. Other than those things, you guys got any ideas on how to lose the weight healthily? I don’t want to take any wacked out unregulated supplements, I want to lose this the right way so I can keep it off. Any ideas are welcome [:-)]

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:16 am
    Pro Fighter

Wait….if you don’t mind my asking, how tall are you and what’s your weight? because 30 lbs is a LOT. If you are slightly over weight, okay. But you might want to be careful about dropping muscle??? I mean if you’re tall and a natural like 170 and built, you don’t want to weaken yourself. Then what’s the point of fighting?

but yeah…I shouldn’t talk about cutting because I did it unhealthy and lost a crap of muscle. Now i have to take time out of my training and lift weights because I feel weak. ~_~ I’m eating tons of protein and cutting back on carbs. Lots of veggies. I think you have the right idea. no snacking between meals. Don’t eat before you go to bed.

BudoGal
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:10 pm

oh god, I’m soo embarrassed!!! 😳 😳

5’4″, 178.75, 33% body fat. I have a lot of muscle and really dense bones, but I definitely have a nice layer of blubber….

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:45 pm
    Instructor

How long do you have to lose it? I lost 25 lbs. before my fight but I had 2 months to do it in. If you’ve got a bit of time to drop the weight I’ll send you a copy of the diet. Unfortunately it’s not a quick fix for cutting.

jessy_t
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:10 am

I cut weight by bulking up my muscles. Muscle burns fat 24 hours a day. and if you feel that you have some fat to lose that is in my opinion the best way. granted it could take up to 6 monts to a year to cut 30 pounds this way. so i would also diet, and drink nothing but water. that is huge. no carbonation. no alcohol. eat only organic food if you can, (easier for you body to heal from training if its not trying to kick out preservatives)

you have to turn your body into a fat burning machine and that takes dedication. I know that you can do it. after having my son i weighed almost 180. now, im 5’3″ so im little. thats huge for a little person. now im down to 130-135 and i have a ton of muscle and and solid build. my bmi is down to 16-19% I feel awesome. it took me about two years to get where i am, but the slowest journeys are also the most rewarding.

good luck
    and kick some butt!!
    jessy

BudoGal
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:20 pm

thanks for all the good thoughts guys 😀 I’m not going to be fighting before teh end of the year, unless it’s a smoker to gauge where I’m at. So I know I have at least until the end of the year, and then I’ll want to get at least one smoker under my belt before I attempt a sanctioned bout. So I have the time, but I just want to do it and get it done!

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:41 pm
    Pro Fighter

offer still stands for custom plan. i live in the north bay too. we could meet up or something.
    heather

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:11 am
    Pro Fighter

I dont think women should cut wieght the same as the men do. Womens’ bodies are different than mens’. It’s ahrd for women to recover the same way as mens’. And when you look at older wrestlers who spent years and years cutting and manipulating their wieghts they always have health problems later in life. It’s just not worth it to me. There are so many diversities in womens weights in the sport any way there is always someone to fight, may just take a little longer to find. 😕 And really a ten pound wieght difference isn’t that much any way. So don’t stress your self out sweets. 😀 Just my lowley opinion. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?