D’Auguste to fight April 14th

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

BrianP
    Post subject: D’Auguste to fight April 14th PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:32 pm

She will be fighting in Ring of Combat 10 against Hitomi Akano. Good luck Laura!!!

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:37 pm
    Instructor

Should be good! Best of luck to Laura!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:48 am
    Pro Fighter

That fight actually hasn’t been confirmed yet…someone put it online already though. That’s what my manager told me.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:40 pm

WTF! Akano’s fighting D’Auguste this quickly? Odd management, they should be building her first. But Akano’s proven to be quite the grappler, and so is D’Auguste. I wanna know how I can get a recording of this now.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:28 pm

There should be more discussion of this fight. Its gonna be a damn good ground fight. I see Akano performing gymnastics trying to go for D’Auguste’s lanky lanky legs for starters.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:16 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

I am sad for this fight
    I really like Akano as a fighter and think she needs a more exp fighting regular MMA then her first fight here with Laura, her one and only chance is pulling off the tricky arm bar from the takedown.

Although she gives up her back when she does it and in real MMA Laura will capitolize and punish her for it.

She also gives up position with almost every sub attempt. a HUGE no no in real MMA. SMAK girl is submission before position, and no strikes on the ground. basically a judo tourney with strikes.

It is such a complete different game, standing and on the ground, it is not even funny.

I hope she changes her game up for this fight or Laura will not only win but maybe even hurt her badly.

That said gooo Akano, Id love to see you pull this off. !!!!

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:11 am

debi wrote:
    I am sad for this fight
    I really like Akano as a fighter and think she needs a more exp fighting regular MMA then her first fight here with Laura, her one and only chance is pulling off the tricky arm bar from the takedown.

Although she gives up her back when she does it and in real MMA Laura will capitolize and punish her for it.

She also gives up position with almost every sub attempt. a HUGE no no in real MMA. SMAK girl is submission before position, and no strikes on the ground. basically a judo tourney with strikes.

It is such a complete different game, standing and on the ground, it is not even funny.

I hope she changes her game up for this fight or Laura will not only win but maybe even hurt her badly.

That said gooo Akano, Id love to see you pull this off. !!!!

I can agree, though I distinctly remember her pulling a TD in another way. Her ground game seems very good, but if she goes for the armdrag D’Auguste will go spider monkey on her back the same way she did Yabushita, and Akano’s a little small to get D’Auguste’s amazon rainforest vines from around her body and legs. That said, I think D’Auguste might have some trouble with her nonetheless on the ground as Akano seems real slick on transitions.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:36 am
    Instructor

Quote:
    That said, I think D’Auguste might have some trouble with her nonetheless on the ground as Akano seems real slick on transitions.

She has only fought in SmackGirl and isn’t used to having someone try to turn her face into hamburger while doing those transitions, though.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:42 am

Rikki wrote:

She has only fought in SmackGirl and isn’t used to having someone try to turn her face into hamburger while doing those transitions, though.

Hmm, there’s some truth to this. D’Auguste’s yoga monk arms make it a little easier too. That said (I’m saying that a lot), an armbar to toe hold transition isn’t so fatal since you risk getting subbed if you over-commit to punching out of it

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:49 am
    Instructor

You see it all the time. Take the Kenny Florian / Diego Sanchez fight. Florian is a black belt, yet with Diego punching him in the face, he couldn’t escape mount!
    I’m not saying that she wouldn’t beat D’Auguste in a grappling match….I have no idea. I’m just saying that fighting over here will be a whole new ball game for her. And I’ve seen it get the best of people who have dealt with it before.

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:58 am

yoga monk arms? lanky legs? poor description of Laura. Laura does not lift weights so her arms are thinner than most, but they are strong and cut. If you ever saw her in person, you would find her legs to be quite solid from all the running she deos. They sure aren’t lanky. They are strong too.

funny descriptions and verbage but not correct.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:44 pm

BrianP wrote:
    yoga monk arms? lanky legs? poor description of Laura. Laura does not lift weights so her arms are thinner than most, but they are strong and cut. If you ever saw her in person, you would find her legs to be quite solid from all the running she deos. They sure aren’t lanky. They are strong too.

funny descriptions and verbage but not correct.

Its not like I’m attacking her figure or something, she just seems, on a screen, to be lanky. She can’t help it, she’s tall at her weight. Either way, she’s gonna have gonna have longer limbs than Akano and that’s the point. People are pretty intimate around here.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Rikki wrote:
    You see it all the time. Take the Kenny Florian / Diego Sanchez fight. Florian is a black belt, yet with Diego punching him in the face, he couldn’t escape mount!
    I’m not saying that she wouldn’t beat D’Auguste in a grappling match….I have no idea. I’m just saying that fighting over here will be a whole new ball game for her. And I’ve seen it get the best of people who have dealt with it before.

Then I guess we’ll have to leave it to the wind, though I would like to add that Diego Sanchez punching Florian from the full mount and Akano transitioning from an armbar to a toe hold is somewhat distinct. Nevertheless, punches will have to be dealt with at some point in the fight. That I cannot deny.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:03 pm

I still think Akano will give her trouble on the ground. From what I’ve seen of her she doesn’t prefer the top where Akano does. I imagine, though, that she doesn’t pull guard 100000000x in full MMA.

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:32 pm

strangely enough Smackgirl rules and “real MMA” seem to not differ so much nowadays. The GnP sure. But I swear that they don’t even give fighters at least 30 seconds any more before standing them up lately. [/rant]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?