Debi v Akano & Amanda v Megumi Video

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

satanico
    Post subject: Debi v Akano & Amanda v Megumi Video PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:26 pm

Debi.Purcell_Hitomi.Akano_SmackGirl

http://www.fightergirls.com

Amanda.Buckner_Megumi.Yabushita_SmackGirl_2.15.2006.wmv

Ok updated links since the others quickly exceeded their limit.

Last edited by satanico on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:43 pm

huge thnx….unlike the other 25 ppl who viewed this thread.

Also, where’d you get these? It takes weeks for my source to get a hold of this stuff, you wouldn’t happen to have the whole card would you?

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:49 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thanks for the link; Very kind of you:) Beuatiful Leg kicks by debi purcell. Ill be honest, you never really even see too many guys pull off powerful leg kicks like that, to see her do it was great. I am really surprised it was all for akano (seeing debi advancing the whole time); but then again i dont really know smackgirl rules.

KC04
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Thanks a lot for the link. Amanda was amazing.

tweek
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:43 pm

satanico, theres something wrong with the link now it says that its exceeding the bandwidth or something. Is there any way you can post it again so I can see it? It would be much appreciated .

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:21 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Awesome post!!!!
    I really think Debi controled the fight and would have given her the win but thats just my opinion!!!! I try to judge the fight by control and the stand up was the fight…

Oh well rules are different for smackgirl……. maybe next Tara or Roxi????

Chad

Report this post Post details Delete post

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:31 am

I’m afraid of responding to chad’s post in fear of mass reprisal but what the hell.

Quote:
    I really think Debi controled the fight and would have given her the win but thats just my opinion!!!! I try to judge the fight by control and the stand up was the fight…

A draw would’ve been a better decision but the judges must’ve valued Akano’s ground work.

thomas
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:06 am

Damn! I was to late. Could somebody reupload above fights on some other server. Yousendid allows only 25 downloads. Pleeeeeease!

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:02 am

The good…

Other than the foot massage at the end, Debi controlled the entire first round, stellar kicking.

The bad…

In round 2 clinches Debi waited too long (unlike her transitions in round 1) …Akano grabs a limb and goes, and it looked like they gave her round 2 for initiating every time…not that it was that effective but Akano is pretty quick and slick with her ground. You can see the story of the decision in Akano’s eyes, and in this case the “L” means nothing other than due to long layoff.

Amanda has turned into “The Boulder Strangler” and is on top of her game right now.

Satanico you are the man…these girls need (deserve) as much exposure as possible, thanks…

(aka)RA

ruasvaletudo
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:41 am

agreed the fight most likely should have been a draw, it depends on how they score what rules ect.

as for debis performance, she is much better fighter then that, at least in this fight it had nothing to do with a long lay off.and everything to do with
    her being exhasuted from a few things but mostly from the extreme amount of weight she cut and was made to weight in right before her fight (unkown to her)

no excuses just facts.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:06 am

Ok these don’t expire but they may go slow.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:53 am

derUbermensc wrote:
    I’m afraid of responding to chad’s post in fear of mass reprisal but what the hell.

Quote:

A draw would’ve been a better decision but the judges must’ve valued Akano’s ground work.

Really???? LOL

Chad

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:34 am

Thanks Satanico! 😉

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:52 am

Well that explains a lot then…but, I still feel that any layoff for that many years will have at least ‘some’ degree of impact no matter who it is. Even if the fighter doesn’t notice it themselves they will still be a bit more tight mentally (which also expends energy) at least for the first couple fights coming back…add that to the weight loss factor you mentioned and notice how winded she was after the fight compared to Akano. In fact, with all those factors against her it’s pretty remarkable that her training allowed her to adapt and perform as well as she did.

We can only speculate how much better Debi might have been right now with those extra 3-4 years of ring activity and experience, but as long as she can stay active and injury free now, I think her best (potentially) is yet to come.

(aka)RA

ruasvaletudo wrote:
    agreed the fight most likely should have been a draw, it depends on how they score what rules ect.

as for debis performance, she is much better fighter then that, at least in this fight it had nothing to do with a long lay off.and everything to do with
    her being exhasuted from a few things but mostly from the extreme amount of weight she cut and was made to weight in right before her fight (unkown to her)

no excuses just facts.

tapoutuk
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:16 pm

I have the full card and it’s pretty good stuff.

inked
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:59 pm

LOL there is NOT a chance in h*ll Purcell lost that fight. So sad way too bad

Savi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:28 am

Am a great fan of Debi’s, I think she is awesome.

This fight tho, probably due to the long lay-off, I think Debi was a shadow of herself, she will be back better and more awesome than ever.

In this fight her opponent outwitted Debi with her tactics (maybe the rules helped!), and was a better fighter on the day.

subfighter
    Post subject: Debbie Got RobbedPostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:38 am

Well I dont know how you could of lost that fight you GOT ROBBED BIG TIME…

The First Round was totally dominated by you… Even the 2nd round you where landing strikes…. I think she hit you once…. She had a couple of takedowns and sub attempts but nothing to the amount of strikes you landed and kicks..

PeaCE
    Rick

derUbermensc
    Post subject: Re: Debbie Got RobbedPostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:15 am

subfighter wrote:
    Well I dont know how you could of lost that fight you GOT ROBBED BIG TIME…

The First Round was totally dominated by you… Even the 2nd round you where landing strikes…. I think she hit you once…. She had a couple of takedowns and sub attempts but nothing to the amount of strikes you landed and kicks..

PeaCE
    Rick

Stalking for 2 rounds throwing singular leg kicks has never won a decision in MMA, especially when the other person is going wacky on you on the ground. Purcell needed to trap her, control her movement with the kicks, then blaze her with combinations. She would’ve gotten a 3-KD TKO in the 1st on that alone seeing as Akano’s idea of defense is turning your face the other way and flailing your hands in the air.

That said, I don’t see how Akano doesn’t have the edge in the 2nd where Purcell’s frequency of kicks lowered considerably and we saw Akano scoring more TDs and going for subs with solid transitioning. In MMA, you can’t privledge one form of attack over another, unless its a finisher in which case the fight is over. I saw it as a draw, nothing more or less.

ArtGuy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:09 pm

I cannot see the videos. The links are no longer valid. Anyone have another source?

subfighter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Quote:
    derUbermensc

well i dont know what criteria you use to judge a fight but your crazy. your basically saying if you run from your opponent for 2 rounds you should win and the person putting pressure on loses..

Also if your familiar with jiu jitsu taking someones back is just as much points as mounting someone… debbie took here back 2 times…

Yeah here opponent tried about 3 Sub attempts so that counts as win… your crazy.. i dont know what the rules are in smack down can someone comment on how they judge a fight?

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Debi was more offensive, at least she should get a draw.
    I think this match should be a draw, or a slight advance for Debi.
    The only thing Akano was better in overall, was the offence in the groundwork.
    What surprised me that Debi really looked like Muay Thai style of fighting, lot of kicks and less punching.
    Maybe some more offence in the punching would bring Akano in more trouble.
    But the way I can see it, that Akaono is a smart fighter, like most japanese.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:55 pm

subfighter wrote:
    Quote:
    derUbermensc

well i dont know what criteria you use to judge a fight but your crazy. your basically saying if you run from your opponent for 2 rounds you should win and the person putting pressure on loses..

Also if your familiar with jiu jitsu taking someones back is just as much points as mounting someone… debbie took here back 2 times…

Yeah here opponent tried about 3 Sub attempts so that counts as win… your crazy.. i dont know what the rules are in smack down can someone comment on how they judge a fight?

It would be probably be helpful if you actualyl quoted my post and more fully had a grasp of what I was saying and how it would relate to your post:

1) I never said Akano deserved the win, I said the fight should’ve been called a draw, and that would’ve been the fairest way to call it. What are you talking about?

2) You are avoiding my comment on how you can’t, if your are to judge MMA, privledge one form of attack over another. With that in mind, I don’t see how it isn’t accurate to award Purcell round 1 and Akano round 2. Purcell’s striking lowered in frequency while Akano stepped up the ground work in the 2nd. Purcell did get Akano’s back, but both were in the first round, which already went to her anyway so I don’t see how that would have bearing on what occurs in the 2nd.

3) There’s no way one wins a fight on stalking their opponent and throwing singluar leg kicks with no follow up. I think Purcell had followed up those great low kicks, and they are definitely great low kicks, with punching combinations, and had put more commitment to trapping Akano in a corner or controlling her lateral movement with low kicks, that would’ve sealed the deal considering Akano’s defense was poor if not non-existent.

I’m trying to understand how you concluded that my claim was that Akano deserved the win. I didn’t say that, and I’m not going to say Purcell deserved the win either. I feel there is some bias playing into some of our opinions on the fight considering the place we’re posting in.

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:22 pm

The problem with judging on points in a regular fight is that it doesn’t accurately account for power and effectiveness…that’s what “Point Sparring Tournaments” are for. The winner of a fight should essentially be determined by which fighter caused more damage (effect) on their opponent. One fighter can throw a slew of punches or kicks, look slick bouncing around, and score points, but if they have little or no effect then it’s meaningless…while the other fighter might only land a third of the shots (points) yet their shots deliver devastating effect in comparison…same thing goes for takedowns and/or ground work. And you could also take points away for lack of aggression, defensive technique, and ineffective movement…Akano was on her bicycle the entire standup and landed about zero % effective strikes or kicks.

In this case I’d say Debi (overall) inflicted more ‘effect’ or damage on Akano. Her transitions from kicks and strikes to the takedowns in round 1 were dominating until the end of the round where Akano took her ankle. In round 2 Debi appeared to be more spent (likely from the weight loss and layoff factors) and in the clinches seemed to be resting…so Akano initiated the takedowns, but they weren’t that effective (damaging). Also, since it was the second, later rounds usually weigh heavier in the judging..and, since that little move was at the end of the 1st, Akano probably snatched some extra points in that round too.

So if you’re judging more on points it could lean more towards Akano, judging on more effect would go to Debi. I’m an effect guy and that’s what I look for so I’d give it to Debi…but can understand those who call it a draw.

(aka)RA

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:53 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Wow,
    No reason to get worked up everyone LOL. As far as anyone on here being bias, I would have to say, that is not true. Yes I own the site but believe me iv let my name be trashed on here probably more then I even allow other females to get bashed.

Secondly Rick at sub fighter is not just some internet guy, hes one of the best friggen submission masters I know, his opinion on the ground and of fights counts for a lot.

Lastly as far as my fight game plan goes. I am not really happy with my performance either.

However, I did stick to my game plan of not doing takedowns and just resting on the ground. And keeping it standing as I knew my standup was so much better

Uber maybe you have not fought a right lead fighter Judo person , in smack girl rules who runs, will not engage, and keep out of the strike zone.

But my stand up game plan was soild……. Anyone who fights knows, its mostly inside leg kicks and right hands in that situation ( it is hard to follow up with combos because forward motion on the inside was exactly what she was bating me for her to throw.. I watched enough of her fights to know that !

I can understand if you never fought that way you might not know it. But now you do LOL.

Akano was awesome at sticking to her game plan and I admire her a lot for that.

My big mistake was not going for more subs then just the heel hook,and not shooting in for points.

live and learn.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:15 pm

debi wrote:
    Wow,
    No reason to get worked up everyone LOL. As far as anyone on here being bias, I would have to say, that is not true. Yes I own the site but believe me iv let my name be trashed on here probably more then I even allow other females to get bashed.

Secondly Rick at sub fighter is not just some internet guy, hes one of the best friggen submission masters I know, his opinion on the ground and of fights counts for a lot.

Lastly as far as my fight game plan goes. I am not really happy with my performance either.

However, I did stick to my game plan of not doing takedowns and just resting on the ground. And keeping it standing as I knew my standup was so much better

Uber maybe you have not fought a right lead fighter Judo person , in smack girl rules who runs, will not engage, and keep out of the strike zone.

But my stand up game plan was soild……. Anyone who fights knows, its mostly inside leg kicks and right hands in that situation ( it is hard to follow up with combos because forward motion on the inside was exactly what she was bating me for her to throw.. I watched enough of her fights to know that !

I can understand if you never fought that way you might not know it. But now you do LOL.

Akano was awesome at sticking to her game plan and I admire her a lot for that.

My big mistake was not going for more subs then just the heel hook,and not shooting in for points.

live and learn.

No, I haven’t fought a right lead judo fighter and I respect the fact that you trained accordingly for such a person. I just don’t see why the fight wasn’t ruled a draw, nor can I understand why the fight would be ruled in your direction.

Also, grappling master or not, he shouldn’t be claiming the fight is a robbery on top of the dl on his site.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:03 pm

I guess its all in the way you score the fight and everyone has their own opinion!!!

Thats what is soo great about life we all have our own opinions and thoughts..

Hey what would we have to talk or argue about if we all agreed???

Chad

Scarce better watch out this could come and beat your post record!!!!

Mighty Me
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:59 am

Akano kept running around in the ring she avoited the fight i didnt liked that fight thumps up for debby

And satanico you rule Dude

voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:04 pm

As a fully qualified armchair non-expert I offer the observation that Debi could have put her left hand to better use throughout the fight. I don’t think that she landed a serious left hand punch. Admittedly, it could have happened and I missed it; I watched the video just once.

Certainly glad we were provided the opportunity to see the video. It was a close contest with contrasting styles on the parts of the fighters.

ArtGuy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:38 am

It was a close fight where Debi certainly dominated the standup and Akano had the advantage on the ground. I think it could have gone either way, however, I would have judged it for Debi as her domination of the standup was moreso than Akano’s domination on the ground. I also think Debi controlled the ring better.

Thanks for posting another link. That was a really good fight.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:22 pm
    Pro Fighter

ok, im not mentioning names, but someone i know really well who lives there and was at the fights said debi got robbed plain and simple and said how good her standup looked…
    i agree.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:08 pm

1) There’s a thread for this

2) Aren’t we done with this yet?

jamesjudo
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:32 pm

I am sure this will not stop Debi from fighting she is a real good fighter with some Great Stand up and her Kicks are as good as any guys I have seen I would like to see a Debi And Tara Match up!!!

ugidi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:41 am

can anybody please repost those 2 files?? They’ve expired…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?