Debi’s Article… comments on fightinng, womens mma and more

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Hook
    Post subject: Debi’s Article… comments on fightinng, womens mma and morePostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:41 pm

This article is fantastic. I would give you a a brief disciption of it but hey I am tired and I couln’t put it as well as Debi herself so you shall check it out. She truely is making a mark out there for us women.

THANKS DEBI 😀 😀 😀

By the way thanks Keith for doing the interview

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

kneesandelbows
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:02 pm

It’s a good interview, it’s how I found out about the site.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:26 pm
    Pro Fighter

very cool, good job debi. 😉

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:33 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Thanks a lot you guys, I have gotten a pm or 2 asking for part 1 so here it is

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:43 pm

You mentioned the differance in the weights in your interview. I just have a comment or two on that one. If you look at most of your David vs. Goliath matches David wins 😆 .Just had to add that. I think that ( now this is just by observations ) that the smaller ones are the ones that you have to watch out for. They are a little sneaky. Just my 2 cents.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:00 pm

Glad you like it as much as I enjoyed doing it.

FYI-if you ever can’t find a previous one like a part 1 or one done months ago then go to http://news.adcombat.com/ and look in the bottom of the left bar for “search articles”. You can also look at the bottom of the main section for author’s archives by name, show archives, etc.

Keith Mills

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:05 pm

Great interview!

Keith, glad to see you are back to covering the woman!

8)

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:43 pm

Del-nice to see you around. I never went away, I just took one weekend off due mainly to overwhelmoing workload and it happened to be HOOKnSHOOT weekend. That MFC show was an avalanche from mags in Sweden, Russia, and Brazil! At  you can see I had three weekends in a row then skipped HOOKnSHOOT and just came back from eight days in CA (but shots from KOTC, GC, and Pride auditions aren’t up as of this writing). Next weekend is TKO and then hopefully Copenhagen for EVT the weekend after that. I’m flattered there might be people out there that think I might be able to do 8 shows in 8 weekends but it just ain’t so. Knowing Joe Hall would be out there for FCF I knew y’all were in good hands and I could finally visit my parents.

KM

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:04 pm

Keith- sorry to get you in a tizzy and feel defensive. I wasn’t questioning your road schedule that weekend.

Geeze, everyone knows you are overworked and under paid and spend a lot of your personal money to travel.

Back in May or something you were saying that you were covering th UK scene or something and was letting Jim cover women fighters in the states. And true to your word, I saw very little coverage from you about the women here until the interview with Debi.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:59 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Nice job Debi and Keith……

Chad

Report this post Post details Delete post

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:13 am

Del-Yes, for off-board reasons I got a little defensive. Got a couple nasty-grams by e-mail. We’re good and I’m glad to see you back. One correction; for FCF my beats are geographical including CA, FL, and EU *minus UK*. We have a guy in the UK and sometimes the Alfonsos will cover a show in Europe that involves Brazilians. Anything else I have to ask for and usually just do photos like HI, UK, or Canada. My ADCC News beats are wherever I can afford to go to on my own money but are more human oriented like specific promoters, gyms, or fighters. Usually all my time is spent where the two overlap.

But enough of that…this is about Debi. Good luck!

KM

Seth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:13 am

It’s a nice 2 part article. Keith has put much into covering events from sleeping in cold cars during winter and dealing with cut phone lines.

It has to be hard to get fights being in the top position esp. one who has beaten good fighters with high records. It’s different of course with something like a boxing HWC fight where even the losing purse will always attract a slew of participants. One point in the article mentioned Evolution 2 card didn’t have top names or break new ground. There were quite a few top names like Erica, the Japanese gal, Jenn, Tara, Kelly and Roxy who has won a ton of local grappling competitions and won fights in a top Japanese venue for MMA. It’s probably too early to tell the overall impact of the event but there certainly seemed to be quite a buzz and good impression after the event.

Debbie would really retire if she won the smack girl fight? 30 K is quite a stack.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?