DEEP announces Flyweight tournament

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

frankp316
    Post subject: DEEP announces Flyweight tournament on Feb. 22 show Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:57 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

DEEP held a press conference to announce most of their Feb. 22 Korakuen Hall show. They’re having a men’s Middleweight tournament but the big news is their having one day womens Flyweight Tournament. DEEP has run womens matches for several years. MIKU is the current DEEP Lightweight Champ. But they have decided to create a new weight division with this tournament. Former DEEP Lightweight Champ Hisae Watanabe won’t be in the tournament but she will be on the show.
    As I reported last week, Watanabe is currently on her honeymoon but on her return, she is planning to kick some butt against Yasuko Tamada. Watanabe’s record is 19-6. She suffered devastating losses last year to Ham Su Hi & MIKU last year and is on the comeback trail. Her latest win was over Genkaam Lookjuapoakum on the Dec. 12 DEEP show. Tamada is 6-4-2 but is currently on a four fight winning streak. Her latest win was over Maho Muranami on the Dec. 26 Smackgirl show. She’ll have to look out for Watanabe’s striking power.
    The one day Flyweight tournament is headlined by pint size powerhouse Satoko Shinashi. She is currently Smackgirl Flyweight Champ. Her record is 26-1-2 and her latest win was over Akemi Morihara on the Dec. 26 Smackgirl show. She also has a 1-1 record against Watanabe and the loss was via KO. Two other fighters in this tournament have lost to Shinashi. Kayo Nagayasu is 7-4-1 and most recently lost to Yasuko Tamada on the Mar. 30, 2007 Shooto show. She lost to Shinashi in 2004. SACHI’s record is 3-2 and she broke her arm in her most recent loss to Shinashi on the Oct. 10 DEEP show. Fukuko Hamada is 4-1. Her most recent fight was a loss to Naoko Ohmuro on the Aug. 19 show. But she did win the 2006 Next Cinderella Flyweight Tournament. This promises to be a very good showcase for Shinashi.

I have posted a pic from the press conference on my blog.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:58 pm

DEEP has announced the brackets for the Flyweight tournament. It will be Satoko Shinashi vs Fukuko Hamada and SACHI vs Kayo Nagayasu.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Hisae Watanabe has suffered a training injury so DEEP announced that her match vs Yasuko Tamada at the Feb. 22 show has been cancelled.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:57 am

As expected, Satoko Shinashi won the Flyweight tournament on the Feb. 22 DEEP show. I’ll look for a detailed report later today and likely have something on my blog tomorrow.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:54 am

I have posted a tournament report on my blog. And don’t forget to click on the thumbnails in my Video Bar to watch Satoko Shinashi in action right on the blog.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:34 pm

What weight is flyweight in DEEP? 110 lb? 105 lb?

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:37 pm

Sako wrote:
    Its the new weight class and called “Shinashi Special” like cough cough

45kg = 99.2 lbs

But she had disadvantage to fight at 105 class, thats true. She is short even for a Japanese, her weight is around 100 lbs only.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:29 am

koolpaw wrote:
    Sako wrote:
    Its the new weight class and called “Shinashi Special” like cough cough

45kg = 99.2 lbs

But she had disadvantage to fight at 105 class, thats true. She is short even for a Japanese, her weight is around 100 lbs only.
    Wow, she is very, very tiny. Isn’t her height 4’9?

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:43 am

Yeah she’s this cute little girl with the big smile. But she’s a tiger in the ring and one of Japan’s top martial arts instructors. She may be small but she’s highly respected.

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Yes she’s smallPostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:29 pm
    Pro Fighter

But I think she is 5’0″ even. She could however easily add a few pounds of lean mass to fight at 105 or 108 where she usually does with the right diet and hard work.

Unfortunately, many of the Japanese athletes do not think about their strength training very seriously or not in a way to ge thte type of perfromance and body they want. Just do these “old school” excersises and that’s all. Eat however. Then they don’t make the improvements that they could otherwise.

Josh

Sako
    Post subject: Re: Yes she’s smallPostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:01 pm

Josh Barnett wrote:
    But I think she is 5’0″ even. She could however easily add a few pounds of lean mass to fight at 105 or 108 where she usually does with the right diet and hard work.

Unfortunately, many of the Japanese athletes do not think about their strength training very seriously or not in a way to ge thte type of perfromance and body they want. Just do these “old school” excersises and that’s all. Eat however. Then they don’t make the improvements that they could otherwise.

Josh
    Do you mean like doing a George St. Pierre or Randy Couture type workout in a modern gym as oppose to lifting stones and logs like feudal Japanese samurai?

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 am

Check out the following link. That pic is now my phone wallpaper. Myxertones is free and you can create your own ringtones and wallpaper but you do have to register.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?