Effin knee surgery tomorrow

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig

Post subject: Effin knee surgery tomorrow PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:58 pm

So, here I go. Reticular lateral patellar release. (and general cartilage cleanup) Cutting of some attachments causing my kneecap to track better,hopefully resulting in being able to run/kick/stairs without pain.

I have to admit, I’m scared of the whole thing. Which makes me laugh- my first jujitsu tourney I had only male opponents- My partner was a 180 pound football player (I’m 175 and 5’7″, fat cuz I can’t jog right now) and I lasted 40 seconds first round, but a minute and 35 seconds second round. So why am I scared of an arthroscope and postop pain and swelling? Hell, i gave birth without painkillers.

So anyhoo, for any of you debating this surgery, I’ll let you know the outcome and post op issues. Half of me is eager to have leg that will let me do squat kicks and leg sweeps again, and half of me is freaked out about the pain and percocet haze that follows surgery.

I’ll let you know….

Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:52 pm

Here’s to a speedy recovery!

Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:02 am

Best wishes for a great recovery!!

I too had a similar surgery about three years ago…it was worth it. It was really nice to have full range of motion back and be able to grapple pain free and restriction free (hard to do much effectively when you can’t even sit back on your heels).

And sister, if you can give birth drug free (I did too!) this will be a piece of cake. I found the percocet was more upsetting and not worth the pain relief after – I only took one before I just gave up on post-op painkillers.

You can do it! Stay strong, stay focused.

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:53 am

Well, I’m back!

The surgery itself was a piece of cake- I feel quitepoopy now though.Swelling is insane.

The doc wouldn’t even give me pain meds…. he is kind of a “You put up with it” kind of guy, soI’m going to see my family doctor in a bit.

I am up and hobbling, (even fed the horses this morning) but hooh boy. I hope this is worth it. I have a feeling it will be.

Thanks all!

Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:53 am
    Pro Fighter

good luck!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Forgot your details?