Elite XC maybe folding under

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Sako
    Post subject: Elite XC maybe folding under Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:52 pm

“Elite XC in its most recent SEC report also conceded it may not have the funds to last the rest of the year. If its not able to pull at least a 2.5 rating on CBS for its May 31 show, it may be in jeopardy of failing.”

If they fail, what would this mean for female mma?

defshepard
    Post subject: elitexcPostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:46 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Sako. It would mean one less promoter that would showcase female mma. Remember Bodog went under recently. They were real good about promoting female mma. Because of them and their Hook N Shoot series we got Kaitlin Young and many other female fighters to show us their talent. At this point if ElitXc goes under, you would have to my knowledge Smackgirl in Japan, which if I understand correctly is not doing to good themselves. And Fatal Femmes Fighting. After that, you might have a promoter here and there put on a female bout. But the coverage is not that good. If fact it may be real bad. ElitXC going under would be a blow to female mma. Just like Bodog’s passing hurts female mma. Less exposure and less chance of fighting.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Smackgirl has new owners as of Dec. 2007 so they’re better off than they were though it looks like they lost their TV deal. DEEP & Pancrase also use women regularly.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:39 pm
    Pro Fighter

When did bodog officially pass?

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:03 pm

lol…

folks don’t panic, fluctuations, re-organization and changes in ownership are normal. the UFC also had big losses/changes but keep in mind they have had a 12 year head start over all these new MMA orgs. EliteXC has made tremendous advancements within only a little over a year but has had to put out a lot of investment $ before they will start to see any big returns in revenue. In the ‘long-term’ is when the reality will prove out and regardless of who folds or re-emerges MMA (including female) will continue growing…
    sent from an associate:

“A few more details have dropped about the EliteXC/CBS marriage, although you should consult a finance guy and an attorney to explain it to you. Luckily, I do both of those as side jobs so I will lay it out proper. MMAPayout has a solid breakdown of the deal, but there are still some things we havent been provided with yet and a lot remains murky at best. The details we do have come from the SEC filing by Pro Elite for the agreement. If youre in need of good bathroom reading material, print off the SEC filing and enjoy.

MMAPayout had originally suggested the agreement was not a rights fee arrangement, but a time buy. CBS and Pro Elite both shot down that notion. The SEC filing says that CBS will pay a rights fee. Check it:

According to the filing, CBS has the right to order up to four two-hour events during the first year of the agreement. Under the terms of the agreement, CBS was also granted four consecutive annual renewal options. CBS also has the rights to order derivative programs based on the events, in a possible nod to the long rumored Mark Burnett produced EXC reality series featuring Hershel Walker and Jose Canseco.

I told you What Would Kimbo Do?

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:04 am

MNkkgMMA wrote:
    When did bodog officially pass?
    Calvin Ayre officially left last week but the company has been dead since they lost their TV deal with ION. They’re just fading into the sunset.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:53 am

in the case of Calvin i think this involves some different issues, since he was diversified but has had some major setbacks with the new laws governing online gambling, so possibly not able/willing to absorb the initial investment costs of Bodog Fight and shop for a new or better TV contract right now. but again, that simply opens the door for more new orgs, investors, and other networks…

hmmm, i sense mucho free agency and the smell of wet ink for 09′ 😉

defshepard
    Post subject: bodogPostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:06 pm

I will miss Bodog. But I think you guys are right on about new opportunities. I did not know that Pancrease and Deep regularly had female fighters. Good for them. Many thanks for the information. I feel a bit better now.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:38 pm

If their CBS show gets good ratings, there is no way that Elite XC is gonna die. They’re gonna get many many sponsors after this and so will their fighters.

defshepard
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:39 am

Sako. You are correct. Lets hope EliteXC gets those ratings. But then they should.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?