EliteX and Dream form partnership.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Adam_MMA
    Post subject: EliteX and Dream form partnership. Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:57 pm

What do you think, will this effect the female fighters in the ‘fighter exchange’ or just the male ones?

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: No Joshikaku in DREAMPostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    Pro Fighter

Strictly male fighters. There are no Japanese stars (Tama-chan is not a big star sorry) in EliteXC in the women’s division and even then it is 99% unlikely that DREAM would ever have a female fight. I tried to get Megumi into PRIDE many times but it never happend and she is the biggest female MMA star in Japan.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:16 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Yeah, the guys behind DREAM are the same guys who used to run PRIDE. No women allowed.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:43 pm
    Pro Fighter

yeah…I’m sorry to say. While the Japanese accept female MMA, it’s in a ‘lesser’ class than male. Every time I try to talk to my management about a female fight in Cage Force, they kind of laugh at me…..it just hit me that I’ll never get into Cage Force. The president kind of yelled at me the other day for even asking for a fight from them….

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:24 am

How about fighter exchange between smackgirl and elite xc, so Gina can eat whatever she wants before the open weight tournament.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:12 am

lol@Sako no no no way…we NEED that girl in shape already!

as for the partnership it is GREAT for both orgs regardless whether DREAM promotes females at this point, that’s EliteXC/CBS’ specialty which will bring us far more mainstream exposure anyway. this latest DREAM card just blew away any recent UFC events, the Eddie Alvarez vs Joachim Hansen was possibly best fight of 08′ so far along with Frank/Cung Strikeforce and a few others ALL within the current partner network.

the only unfortunate thing right now i think is the evident issues between Affliction and Elite who should also sit down at a table and be teaming up with each other, as should ALL of these other leagues, IFL, FFF, the newly forming GFight, even possibly bring/buy back Bodog in order to oppose the terroristic treatment of fighters and attempted monopolizing tactics of UFC…

the difference between the UFC and Elite/CBS now is that they realize the talent (fighters) and audience are MMA, and will benefit indirectly by respecting that promoting them, building their names (both male AND female) and are willing to work with and partner with various other orgs where the UFC (particularly) Dana is concerned only with using anyone to make $ for themselves, not MMA in general….

as a unified force it would benefit everyone involved in MMA (male and female) only that much quicker, even the UFC who would be forced to at least start treating their fighters better or risk more law suits and defections…

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:47 am
    Pro Fighter

POint being that even if Elite promotes women it won’t carry over to DREAM. No fights shown in Japan or fighters exchanged female wise.

Team ups can be a good thing but I can promise that no one is going to team up with a female org other than another female org and they are too busy fighting over the same market share so good luck on that one.

Bodog is dead. There will be no revival. Period. They lost money and had many problems. It was a one shot deal and it got blown.

You want more female mma then support the orgs that exist, watch the womens fights that exist in the other orgs and write in to show support and express how much you enjoy female fights.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:58 am

Josh that’s cool and agree, as for Bodog ‘Fight’ i believe that was basically Jeff not Calvin and is evolving (hopefully) into his new venture and should also be supported…

and again i’m not really concerned about women’s MMA growth as there are currently various negotiations going on behind the scenes and new leagues being built, not only the “Mark Cuban’s” but much larger backers/associates are quite interested in women’s MMA, but in the meanwhile still feel the current leagues should continue networking, as it’s beneficial for everyone in the sport….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?