erica montoya vs lisa ward feb.18th

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

adriennaaj
    Post subject: erica montoya vs lisa ward feb.18th PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:11 pm
    Pro Fighter

Ladies Match:
    2 RDS / 120lbs: Lisa Ward (Freelance, Seattle, WA) v. Erica Montoya (Brennan JJ< LA, CA)
    AFC 15
    From http://www.fightergirls.com

Awesome! I was wondering what Ms. Montoya has been up too. According to molly who has fought lisa- she said she was a talented fighter and has a bright future in fighting.Good luck to both ladies!

Kate
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:28 pm

That’ll surely be a nice fight. They’re both talented and I think this a good fair matchup. One thing : I didn’t hear neither read that Montoya have fought since 2004… Hope she doesn’t lost the “touch”! 😉

Is this announce official or this is a rumor from the forum?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:46 pm
    Instructor

Cool! It’s good to see Erica fighting again.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:13 am

I saw Lisa Ward and was impressed…very impressed…
    BUT it is probably a bit early for her to be tackling a fight against someone of Erica’s magnitude.

bigfan
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:09 am

who else is fighting, do they still need some more fighters.i know a couple girls who are very interested. where is this fight happeneing.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:05 pm
    Pro Fighter

why does she get to fight erica and i don’t?
    😮

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

This is a really good match up. Right on – good luck to both girls! I have seen them both fight in person (and personally 🙂 ) and I think this will be a really good fight.

Anthony i think i have to beg to differ on this one..

Lisa Ward 5-3-0
    Erica Montoya 5-1-0

Both have fought opponents with similar records…. And honestly I don’t think that many of the women’s records accurately represent a lot of the female fighters. There is just to small of a pool right now, but lots of insane talent randomly in it.

Either way – this will be a good fight.

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:26 am

I agree with the possible deceptiveness of W-L records, which is why I prefer to look at the combined W-L of a fighter’s opponents. The combined record of Lisa Ward’s opponents is 8-11. That of Erica’s, as listed on Fcfighter*, is 7-5. Favoring Montoya looks reasonable.

*Fcfighter doesn’t include her fights against Aya Sakurai (probably 0-2, win) and Yuka Tsuji (around 11-1, loss). It’s debatable if the Cassaro fight should be included as it was an open fist match.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:35 am

Molly,
    I really didn’t want to be disrespectful because I did respect Lisa’s showing hear in Evansville. I have been singing her praises ever since. I didn’t realize she had that many matches under her belt and that she had a winning record. My comments were only based on what I witness and had knowledge of. Montoya IS top notch…cream of the crop…main event headliner. My only exposure to Lisa was at the 8-women tournament. If she would have won the whole thing, maybe I would have thought different.
    I should have done more research though. Just because I hadn’t heard of her before didn’t mean she wasn’t experience on the west coast.
    I don’t know either of them personally so the outcome doesn’t really matter to me.
    I hope Lisa gives her a good fight and it goes the distance. That would be great for her, good for the sport, and GREAT FOR THE FANS.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:10 am
    Pro Fighter

Cesar said that Erica is the most talented fighter on her team. Which tells me a lot. He doesn’t generally underestimate people. A lot has time has past since I saw Lisa fight. I don’t know what Erica has been doing but I know Lisa has been busy so…who knows.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:05 am
    Pro Fighter

dude, lisa is probably one of the strongest girls ive ever rolled with/fought. seriously. she also has STELLAR wrestling, as does erica, so i think it will be a groundfight extraordinaire…

FoxfireJessE
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Sounds like it’s going to be a great fight! I’ve never seen Lisa fight, but have seen Erica’s skills. It’ll be good to see her back in action. Good luck to both ladies!!

P.S. Anything coming up in the near future for ya AJ??

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:18 pm
    Pro Fighter

Anthony,

I am sure you did not mean any disrespect. only point i was trying to make is that the pool is so small right now that regardless of what you see on paper or rumors – anything can happen.

Alos that just because fighter A beats B and B beats C does not mean A can beat C. ESPECIALLY in the Women’s.

I know that Lisa may seem like an underdog in this fight – all I am saying is that she does have the skill to hang with Erica, and I give her props for taking on such a talanted opponent.

Again, either way i think it will be a good fight, both girls are skilled and good luck!

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:26 pm
    Instructor

[quote]Again, either way i think it will be a good fight, both girls are skilled and good luck![/quote]

I’ll second that.

Mystee
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:26 pm

I think it’ll be a good fight as well…records really don’t mean that much in men or women’s mma…..so many times you can’t find cometition at your ‘level’ or the level others think you are at…others just will fight anyone because they want the ‘challenge’ {if that’s the correct word}…you never know how good you ‘really’ are until you fight those who are ‘the best’

And half the places that ‘record’ wins and losses on fighters don’t have the accurate numbers…I’ve talked {as have others} to those sites that carry numbers and they admit that many fights ‘fall through the seems” due to promoters being too busy to report..or smaller shows not even bothering to do so…..many ‘big’ UFC fighters have incorrect records on Sherdong, FCfighter and several others.

bigfan
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:33 pm

where is the fight being held ❓

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:12 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

I think this match is a toss-up!

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:22 pm

If records don’t help, then clearly the differential is that Montoya fought a great fight against Tsuji. Unless Ward has fought someone of Tsuji’s calibre. That reminds me, Montoya needs to be working her way back to a rematch

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:57 pm
    Instructor

[quote]If records don’t help, then clearly the differential is that Montoya fought a great fight against Tsuji. Unless Ward has fought someone of Tsuji’s calibre.[/quote]

You can’t base it on that either. Since Ward has never had the chance to fight someone like Tsuji we have no idea how well she would have done. Montoya hasn’t had many bouts but she’s been able to fight some good people. Not all women have that advantage and we can’t say “They aren’t as good because they haven’t had the same quality of opponents.”

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:37 pm

[quote=”Rikki”][quote]If records don’t help, then clearly the differential is that Montoya fought a great fight against Tsuji. Unless Ward has fought someone of Tsuji’s calibre.[/quote]

You can’t base it on that either. Since Ward has never had the chance to fight someone like Tsuji we have no idea how well she would have done. Montoya hasn’t had many bouts but she’s been able to fight some good people. Not all women have that advantage and we can’t say “They aren’t as good because they haven’t had the same quality of opponents.”[/quote]

I don’t know about that. Tsuji usually runs through people. In 3 rounds, there was a back and forth ground battle and I haven’t seen Tsuji put on the defensive like that before. If that’s not worth something then I don’t know what is.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:52 pm
    Instructor

I’m not saying that it’s “not worth something”. I’m just saying that we already know that Montoya is good.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

oooh I didn’t know about this fight! 😀 sounds like this year is off to a good start for the ladies!

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:52 pm

I hope Montoya’s worked on her GnP, she doesn’t utilize it enough when I’ve seen her on top.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:15 pm

She is a refined Jiu-Jitsu lady…not a savage.

😛

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:32 pm
    Instructor

She did some awesome GnP work on Revolution – with the girl’s arm pinned behind her head. Sweeeeeeeet.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:33 pm

[quote=”Rikki”]She did some awesome GnP work on Revolution – with the girl’s arm pinned behind her head. Sweeeeeeeet.[/quote]

Now why couldn’t she do that with Tsuji?

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:56 pm
    Pro Fighter

I just want to say my actual record with all my fights is 6-3-1. I finally hit 10 at Hook n Shoot. I just want to take fights because who knows how long my body will handle all this. Erica is amazing and I give her much respect, but I have been given an oportunity, so why the hell not! I never want a “what if”. Plus you may aswell fight the best or GO HOME! And she is one of the best. That’s what we train for . I mean an easy win is fun I guess, but where does it get you? Plus at the hook n shoot tournament I messed up and allowed a talented fighter to capitalize from my mistake. Molly rocks! Plus I was the smallest girl there by 15-20 pounds after gaining 5 pounds.

Anyways I just can’t wait till the fight is over and I am getting a nice tan in Florida! Washington SUCKS! 8)

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:38 pm

[quote=”Lisa_Ward”]I just want to say my actual record with all my fights is 6-3-1. I finally hit 10 at Hook n Shoot. I just want to take fights because who knows how long my body will handle all this. Erica is amazing and I give her much respect, but I have been given an oportunity, so why the hell not! I never want a “what if”. Plus you may aswell fight the best or GO HOME! And she is one of the best. That’s what we train for . I mean an easy win is fun I guess, but where does it get you? Plus at the hook n shoot tournament I messed up and allowed a talented fighter to capitalize from my mistake. Molly rocks! Plus I was the smallest girl there by 15-20 pounds after gaining 5 pounds.

Anyways I just can’t wait till the fight is over and I am getting a nice tan in Florida! Washington SUCKS! 8)[/quote]

If you beat Erica you should look into getting into contact with one of the promos in Japan, it’ll definitely look good on your resume. Maybe Jeff Osbourne can resurrect his old relationship with Shooto and get you booked in G-Shooto. This is a big fight for you, good luck!! 😉

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:12 am

Does anyone have more info on this topic??? this one is also days away!!

Chad

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:49 pm
    Pro Fighter

OK, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on, but Carlos (AFC Promoter) says he has been tring to get a hold of Erica for the last week and a half. She hasn’t called back and he is saying he’s tring to find me a new match up. Is Erica fighting me or not? I mean I have been training and I want to fight her! Does anyone know where she’s at? Did she get hurt or something???

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:33 pm

Hey Lisa
    I am not sure what is going on!!! I was told she was not training at a place where she was going to be training… That is why I asked the question.

Chad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?