Erin Toughill Interview

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Mikejaltamura
    Post subject: Erin Toughill Interview PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:07 am

Hi all,

I just launched my own boxing site earlier today and one of the features is an interview with MMA fighter/pro boxer Erin Toughill.

I figured some of you guys would be interested in the piece. If so, you can check it out at:

Also, if there’s any female professional boxers/females looking to turn pro out there, check out the “Fighters Available” section… I/my site may be able to assist you in getting fights…

Thanks everyone for your time… feel free to post feedback about the interview with Erin… I will check back a little later today.

Regards,

Mike Altamura

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:07 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Great interview!!!

I wish erin the best in Boxing or MMA she kicks ass!!!!

Chad

Mikejaltamura
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:51 am

Hey Chad,

Exactly… people can say whatever they want about her, but bottom line is she is literally willing to fight anyone… she’s not intimidated of anyone. You gotta love that!

Mike

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:32 am

That is soo true Mike..

In my opinion Erin is either a love or hate person! Everyone has their opinion of fighters but the reason I respect Erin is that she bring a lot of knowledge to fighting, Knowing all the fighters their strength and weakness studying them like a book and all ways learning more about everyone…You can sit with Erin and talk with her for hours about fights, fighters in all sports mens and womens.

This is a part I like were some get scared away… Erin tells it how it is no sugar coating but all the smack Erin talks she will back it up in the ring or the cage…….I know people have said that they will not have her on their show or fight her because of her opinion but I think that she will be getting big pay and pay per view soon!!!

Oh yeah one thing I like to do is pick names for the fighters…Here is one I picked for Erin
    Erin the Intimidator Toughill

For those fighters here that i have talked with or met I have a name for you..

Chad

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:55 am
    Pro Fighter

Chad! You’re too funny. That’s kinda a cool nickname 😆

Mike – thanks for doing that interview. Hope your site does well!

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:41 am
    Pro Fighter

cool interview, thanks for posting, i like that pic. of erin.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:55 am

….whoa,,,,,

that photo of erin….

…made me drop my beer…

…yikes…i think shes calling my name in telepathy???…yes

yes…she is……..ha,,,,,,lol

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:52 am

Erin is one that doesn’t hold back. She is awesome though. That is what makes her so unique. Great interview.

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:56 pm

I’m not a booty smoocher, but I’ll just say that Erin displays the “total package” in a female fighter.

She talks the talk and backs it up with fighting ability…and, she honors her femaleness…evidently not afraid to look like a woman in the process.

Problem is, there are really no other “Erin’s” in her weight class or I’d say she’d be a great choice for the first women’s UFC bout…too bad Laila isn’t in MMA.

And I think Erin can beat Ali but will need to improve her speed and come into the fight in optimum (fast) condition. Laila beats most of her opponents because her athletisism and out-speeds them…right now I think she’s a bit more “jacked” than Erin…same thing with Ann, a fast Erin is a better fighter…speed kills.

RA

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:28 am
    Pro Fighter

Rick — Thanks.

I definitely agree with you. I can for sure say her and Ann have much more experience then me. I think Ann is very tough – kinda like a female tyson though. Good boxer – gotta weather the storm for the first few rounds cause she can punch hard and likes to come out somewhat fast. After the 4th (from the last few fights I have seen of hers) she gets pretty tired.

Ali wins by exactly what you are saying. The speed and the pressure. You gotta box her and counter – which is something I never see any of these girls doing. She is fast – I will agree….but for having 20 fights – she still makes a lot of mistakes that can easily be capitalized on. It would not be a cake walk by any means…but she will be beaten.

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:23 pm

Erin, no doubt. Ann does have good power but I don’t see the combo of speed like Tyson had…maybe more like a Foreman with a bit weaker jab and chin but still an excellent fighter. I would say Mike *had* the fastest heavyweight hands in history…Laila’s dad, the greatest foot speed but not quicker hands (with power) like Mike did.

I was actually around Mike back in the day out at Don’s training camp in Orwell Ohio, this was prior to the Douglas fight when he essentially lost the desire and started to self-destruct. But, at the time his sparring sessions were basically fights, so he was gaining fight experience at a very high rate on a daily basis. Also, Mike was an *extremely* good counter puncher, uncanny with a slip ball and addicted to it….and, it clearly showed. When he was at his best you’ll notice the head movement and timing was there.

So I really think with speed conditioning and a few additions to your arsenal you can make up for their experience advantage, big time. Laila is also very susceptible to uppercuts…Karen Bill sent her to the canvas with one. And IMO that also happens to be Mike’s greatest weapon, hook to the body then straight up the middle (link below)…

Adding this combo to your arsenal should give you even more options, and if you get her on the ropes you can take her out with it…

RA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?