erin toughill’s opponent on Warrior Nation

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #12136

    Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

    The Truth
    Post subject: erin toughill’s opponent on WN Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:10 pm

    Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:02 pm
    Posts: 14
    She seen like a respectful person,in my opinion sportsmanship plays a big role in how look at a fighter.If the fighter shows bad sportsmanship they shouldn’t be surprised to get booed.
    Last edited by The Truth on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

    Top

    satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:18 am

    Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:10 pm
    Posts: 144
    Jen Case is a very good fighter. If people booed the stoppage they are retarded. If they booed Erin that’s fair but I like having bad guys/girls in the sport too. Not shaking someone’s hand or talking smack is minor bad sportsmanship compared to some fighters who are flat out dirty.
    Top

    The Truth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:04 am

    Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:02 pm
    Posts: 14
    satanico wrote:
    Jen Case is a very good fighter. If people booed the stoppage they are retarded. If they booed Erin that’s fair but I like having bad guys/girls in the sport too. Not shaking someone’s hand or talking smack is minor bad sportsmanship compared to some fighters who are flat out dirty.
    Oh thanks for the info,in that fight i think it was a combination of both they booed because of stoppage and the fighters attitude.Being a bad guy is saying you gonna tap or knock your opponent knock not shaking hands or doing those stupid dances after you beat another fighter is disresectful.
    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    I didn’t catch it- can someone post a link? Who was being a poor sport?
    Top

    The Truth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:53 pm

    Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:02 pm
    Posts: 14
    erin refuse to shake jen’s hand before the fight.
    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:43 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    I don’t shake hands or touch gloves in the cage until after the fight is over. But I will let my opponent know before hand in the locker rooms, or at the weigh-ins so she isn’t left hanging in front of a bunch of people.
    Top

    The Truth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:23 pm

    Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:02 pm
    Posts: 14
    MNkkgMMA wrote:
    I don’t shake hands or touch gloves in the cage until after the fight is over. But I will let my opponent know before hand in the locker rooms, or at the weigh-ins so she isn’t left hanging in front of a bunch of people.
    Good luck on your career its seems you have sportsmanship which is rare i really hope it reflects on your career.

    BTW please challenge erin and teach her what sportsmanship is all about.
    Top

    scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:05 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm
    Posts: 791
    i support erin on not shaking hands before the fight
    you have to stay focused
    you have to see the other as an enemy
    you have to have the eye of the tiger
    ….that is if you want to win
    ,,,,when the fight is over you can shake hands
    you can hug each other/
    you can walk hand in hand back to the locker room —lol—
    ,,,,i know it looks bad
    —but it has to do with focus
    you have to think- the one before me is enemy now—
    —they can be friend when the fight is complete
    go erin,go debi,,go tara,,,i am such a groupie—LOL.)))))))))))
    —–bears will go to the super bowl.or else i die—bye bye…
    Top

    spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:16 pm

    Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:40 am
    Posts: 83
    Location: Ohio
    Everyone has their own way of focusing………………….

    ( Bear vs Colts in SuperBowl )
    Top

    The Truth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:58 pm

    Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:02 pm
    Posts: 14
    scarce wrote:
    i support erin on not shaking hands before the fight
    you have to stay focused
    you have to see the other as an enemy
    you have to have the eye of the tiger
    ….that is if you want to win
    ,,,,when the fight is over you can shake hands
    you can hug each other/
    you can walk hand in hand back to the locker room —lol—
    ,,,,i know it looks bad
    —but it has to do with focus
    you have to think- the one before me is enemy now—
    —they can be friend when the fight is complete
    go erin,go debi,,go tara,,,i am such a groupie—LOL.)))))))))))
    —–bears will go to the super bowl.or else i die—bye bye…
    Their is a competition not a war.
    Last edited by The Truth on Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

    Top

    satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:15 pm

    Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:10 pm
    Posts: 144
    The Truth wrote:

    Their in a competition not a war.
    Obviously in Erin’s mind it’s a fight not a competition and based on the results she had the right idea.
    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    I just dont like having to come in close enough to touch gloves, then having to circle out again. I just want to get it started asap.
    Top

    MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:14 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 am
    Posts: 542
    Location: minnesota
    I finally watched the warrior nation piece. I ammend my earlier comment. I would have shaken hands at that point. What I do not do is come in to touch gloves after the ref has started the fight. I like to get going right away, I don’t want to have to circle back out again to launch my attack, but I would still let my opponent know whats what before the fight
    Top

    abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:21 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:43 pm
    Posts: 78
    I think Kelly’s last point was a good one in that if you don’t want to touch gloves just let the person know before the fight. Jay was fighting a guy once whose corner came to us before and said the guy didn’t touch gloves and it just seemed to eliminate any possible weirdness.
    Top

    jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:40 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

    Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:07 pm
    Posts: 43
    Location: orange, ca
    can someone post the link to this episode?
    please!
    Top

     

    Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:40 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:49 pm
    Posts: 1334
    Location: Kanagawa/Japan
    It depends for me- like with Jen H we touched gloves and then circled out and then in, but with Megumi, I was afraid she’d like flying side kick me like she did the first time we faught, so I just went at it lol
    Top

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?