Europe in May…advice?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

starbellykeith
    Post subject: Europe in May…advice? Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:29 am

*I’m not sure if this will work out 100%* but it looks like I’ll be in Europe from May 8th-23rd. *If* it all works out that will be May 8th London, 9th West Yorkshire (Cage Warriors…hello Rosie), May 10-19 see below, May 20th Amsterdam (It’s Showtime…hello Roover), May 22nd Copenhagen (EVT 3), and return May 23rd.

So…*if* this works out what do y’all suggest for May 10-19? I’m thinking checking out the gyms in France and Holland since those are the fighters I see coming to the US. Anything else going on in that time like you BJJers know about? Any advice on cheap travel or places to stay? Youth hostels are out since I just turned 36. So far I’m working with a Europe By Eurail book. Might rent a car for at least part of the trip (and sleep in it!).

With the exceptions of Irma and Marloes who else is coming out of Europe y’all want to hear more about?

I keep saying *if* because the airfare isn’t an issue, it’s whether or not I can cut out hotels for at least half the trip. If I can get it down to US $500 for food and lodging I’m there!

I can’t believe I’m this stupid 🙄 ,
    KM

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:56 pm

Come to Holland!!

By the way, Marloes is still out due to illness, maybe within a year she could do a match when she is fully recovered.

Bjj nerd
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:11 pm

I’m heading to the UK March 28-April 5. SO I guess I’m gonna miss ya…
    Me and 2 girlfriends planned our whole trip (lodging, air) for $640 USD, but we are staying in Hostels, so I dunno. I have heard that if you can book bed & breakfasts can be cheaper than most hotels. To plan our trip we definitely did our homework. I checked out the a lot of websites and did a lot of online research. YOu might still consider hostels because you can get single rooms still for a lot cheaper than any hotels and there are no age limits (that I’m aware of).

HEre’s some good websites for trip planning:
    That’s the school I’m going to go train at on vacation!! I’m so excited!! My girlfriends SOO don’t get it… 🙄 They think I’m nuts, but hey…

Looks like you are going to be missing a big Bjj tourney at the end of April.
    Good Luck!!

HAMA_Head
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:06 pm

maybe i ran into you, i’ve been in england since 15 may. i leave in a few hours. and i bumped into Lee Murray in london. the only one who knew who he was…and i’m american!!!

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:46 am

David West got the Cage Wariiors show and I never heard back from the It’s Showtime guys (although I admit I could have tried harder). Since it was down to go all the way to Copenhagen for EVT or spend a week in the American South West for KOTC and WEC I took the week in the SW. Ahhh…Chaco Canyon ruins, Flagstaff in the summer, Madrid for sunset, laughing at the new agers in Sardena, Grand Canyon via the Havasupai reservation….and I actually pulled a profit! I’m supposed to go to Hawaii in July for Shooto instead of UK for Jorge Rivera so next time I’m crossing the Atlantic is probably September for EVT in Stockholm or maybe October for M-1 in Moscow and 2Hot2Handle in Rotterdam. Only other international show set for this year so far is Brazil in August.

Executioner-rub it in…what did I miss?

Anybody here see EVT?

I *love* this job 😛 ,
    KM

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:16 am

You missed a lot!!!
    Hehehehe

Ignashov was great, Lucia was great, Panjunsuk that thai kicked like he was doing a morning walk…
    Irma vs Takahashi was not so good, Takashi could win the match but didn’t!
    Dave Daglish did what he had to do, punch his head in!
    Rodney Faverus had a good match.
    Dave Vader did jack shit!
    Need to go on?
    14 matches damn! hehehe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?