Fatal Femmes Fighting Championship 3 Results

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

foxylicious
    Post subject: Fatal Femmes Fighting Championship 3 Results Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:53 pm

Great night of fights!!! Write up to follow soon in the news section with pics..here are the results for now:

CindyHales def Shawn Tamarbuchi ref stoppage, R2 tap out due to arm bar

Sally Krumdiak def Allison Duckworth unan decision

Brandy Nerny def Yukiko Seki by decision….definitely the FIGHT OF THE NIGHT!!!!!

Christina Riddering def Karina Taylor by decision

Sofie Bagherdai def Michele Ough in R1, referee stoppage due to strikes

Lisa Ward def Megumi Yabushita by decision

Vanessa Porto def Hitami Akano by split decision

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:12 am

ohhhh thanx so much, i just found the results at
    Yours are more detailed 😀
    OMG, Vanessa def Akano by split decision?? mmmmm ….
    have to change our ranking a bit?

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:19 am

thanks for posting the results….a number of fights going the distance. sounds like it was a pretty exciting night.

congrats to everyone of the girls!

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:44 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

yes exllnt card and event! some additional notes…Porto/Akano was *very* close so a 6th place ranking for Vanessa and Hitomi at 7th still above Sarah makes the most sense imo. also, Ould/Bagherdai was stopped prematurely and met by a round of boos even coming from a pro-Sofie hometown favored audience. and as foxy posted Christina beat Karina so Lockflow’s current result listed there is incorrect…
    Last edited by GFC on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:07 am
    Instructor

Way to go Lisa!

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:44 am

Thanks for the update Foxy…..can’t wait to read the full write-up. 😀

Hi Lisa – I definitely agree that Porto moves to 6th in the rankings, but Akano has now lost 3 out of her last 4 fights, albeit to solid opponents, so I think an 8th place ranking is more in line for her with Kaufman moving up to 7th. Thoughts?

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:20 pm

yeah on second thought Sarah being on an undefeated *current* roll (win/loss ratio) goes back to that original point, suppose it could be looked at either way but I like her moving up too. 😉

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:54 pm

Sorry for the mis-spell on Michele Ould…my bad, it was 1am I was a little on the tired side. 🙂

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:56 pm

Ontario,Ca

Fatal Femmes Fighting Championship returned for the third time this year, offering a night of competitive, fast paced fights for a predominantly local crowd at the Ontario Convention Center. Also in attendance, UFC star Matt Hamil, as well as fighters Elaina Maxwell, Lana Stefanik, Ginele Marquez and Jessica Pene.

The most exciting fight of the night was Rancho Cucamonga’s own Brandy Nerny, coming back from a loss to Jessica Pene in FFF1. Nerny dominated against Yukiko Seki (4-9)from Tokyo. It was obvious the majority of the crowd had come to see Brandy, and she didn’t disappoint, throwing strikes and knees during the non-stop brawl. Seki has quite a tough chin, never backing down and keeping up with Nerny’s pace.

Also fighting out of Rancho Cucamonga was another crowd pleaser, Sofie Bagherdai, now undefeated after her third fight. She defeated Michele Ould of Boise with the only KO of the night, with referee stoppage due to ground and pound in round 2.

The Megafight of the night turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment, after a night of non-stop action, the energy came to a screeching halt when Lisa Ward and Megumi Yabushita circled each other for what seemed to be an eternity. Finally in round three Megumi pulled off an impressive Uchi Mata. Ward did have a few good takedowns as well as some knee exchanges. The judges reached a unanimous decision in favor of Ward, who came up in weight close to 20 lbs for this fight,weighing in at 119 lbs, taking home the trophy and an exclusive Ed Hardy watch.

Christina Riddering of Atascadero took her first victory over Karina Taylor of Las Vegas in the 135lb division. Both fighters making their pro debuts, Riddering had a definite height and reach advantage. Taylor pulled of some takedowns, but once on the ground, didn’t seem to follow through, allowing Riddering to dominate the fight with several submission attempts and strikes.

Sally Krumdiak of Seattle took a unanimous decision over Allison Duckworth, making her pro debut out of Salinas, Ca. I spoke with Sally after her fight, who was of course pleased with her victory and I complimented her on her choice of shorts, being AlphaFemale Fightwear. Thank you Sally, way to represent!!!

Cindy Hales, also from Seattle and making her pro debut, took credit for the only submission of the night by armbar, defeating Shawn Tumarbuchi from Oakland.

The main event was another crowd pleaser, as Vanessa Porto (Brazil) and Hitomi Akano faced off for 5 rounds of competitive action, with Porto taking a well deserved victory by split decision.
    Promoter Eddy Millis seemed pleased with the event, crowd turnout and fights combined, although he did comment on Lisa Ward’s performance, or lack thereof.

“I want girls on my card that are going to come out and fight.â€

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:20 pm

sorry about messing up on the results – very late night!!!
    great show and congrats to all the girls!!!

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:21 pm

Nice write-up Foxy…..you rock! 😉

And the Porto/Akano fight was 5 rounds?!?!? Cool deal. 🙂

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:46 pm

ShdwPrwler wrote:
    Nice write-up Foxy…..you rock! 😉

And the Porto/Akano fight was 5 rounds?!?!? Cool deal. 🙂
    I agree…excellent write up. 8)

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:30 am
    Pro Fighter

So according to the article I wasn’t in attendance? I only cornered Akano.

Josh

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:22 am

Foxy…..how in the world can you overlook someone who is 6′ 3 and 250 lbs?!?!? 😆

Also, about Lisa Ward’s performance, or lack there of. I wonder if the additional weight had anything to do with it, because that just doesn’t sound like her. As mentioned, she normally fights at 105 and in this fight she was around 120…..that’s right at a 15% increase, which is pretty major. Could this have been the reason or did she just have an off night?

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:29 am

😆 no doubt, well Yab is still pretty formidable particularly with a decided weight advtg and was prob closer to 130 (solid) by fight time…

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:27 am
    Pro Fighter

I send my apologies to my fans and Fatal Femmes for having a disappointing fight to them. I had a flat fight Saturday night. I still won my fight being distracted with personal issues. And hey I did a few kinda cool things…….Jeeze!

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi Lisa – Don’t let it bother you too much. Anyone can have an off night and you’ve certainly given us fans your fair share of “fight of the nights” during your career. Hopefully, your personal issues get resolved and I look forward to your next fight. 😉

PS – This does look “kinda cool”. 🙂

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:01 pm

Same here, Lisa. I was just trying to be objective and that was merely my opinion. That is a great pic and I too enjoy watching you fight and have a lot of respect for you. You are incredibly skilled and in no way was it criticism, simply an opinion.

And my apologies to Josh Barnett….I didn’t fail to acknowledge you purposely. I was trying to keep the focus on the girls and I only mentioned Matt Hamil because he was in the audience, and he’s not as well known so I thought I’d give him a shout out. How could I miss the Babyface Assassin!!! My bad!!

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:05 am

lol…

No big deal really. It was just being touted as a “Megafight” with 2 exciting vets and the expectation was that it could/should have been a barnburner…so, I can see where Eddy might want to send a message to light a fire under butts for next time. As I said Yab was clearly the bigger girl who was also fighting defensively and with loads of experience, so with all those factors (plus the outside issues) I think major credit is well deserved for the win. Yab also attempted a nice flashy webster-axe variation that almost landed but didn’t cuz of some nice D and movement.

With regard to personal issues, unless you are able to channel that energy towards your opponent (and just like injuries) if they are going to affect performance it is best to not fight…since, if that is the case and the mind is not 100% focussed it’s risking an unecessesary loss or even a lackluster performance so not worth it imo.

As mentioned earlier, the bigger issue was actually the Ould/Bagherdai stoppage which was looking like another excellent ‘fight of the night’ potential matchup. Michelle was dominating from the opening bell then Sofie got a reversal landed a couple decent but glancing shots. The audience went crazy cuz of the turn-around and evidently the crowd noise influenced a *way* premature stoppage (early in round 1) by the ref. Michelle bounced right up completely unscathed and po’d that it was stopped, as was the audience who felt cheated out of a great fight that was materializing.

FFF is lookin real good in many areas…but, don’t want to get a reputation as not being serious or hardcore enough due to quick stoppages where fighters have virtually no damage and could easily continue.
    Last edited by GFC on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:30 am

Unfortunately, the Sofie/Michelle fight was probably stopped too quickly because it was a female fight. I’ve seen a number of fights stopped too quickly and most were female. I don’t know if some refs don’t think the women can take it or if in their male brains there’s this, “damsel in distress….must save her” thinking. Either way, I think as they referee more female fights, they will hopefully get more comfortable with it.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:53 am

Good point, in general I think you’re right but in this case the ref was Cecil Peeples who has done this many times in men’s fights as well. The audience even had to call out to him and instruct when to stand the fighters up, pretty sad. Also, warnings early in the Ward/Yab fight were *very* obviously needed (the crowd was booing immediately) and it would have forced the action making it the great fight it should have been, that’s also the job of a quality ref. Too bad cuz when there were exchanges you could see the spectacular potential and some impressive moves which is what was frustrating the audience even more. And while I have nothing against him personally, Peeples should not ref or judge combat sports anymore (maybe girl scout cookie bake-offs would be ok)… and, def would not choose him to ref any events we were involved with particularly an all-female card which as you mentioned could be even more prone to early stoppages. Eddy should focus more on getting a decent ref who will let fighters fight and knows how to work it up properly, then maybe they will get girls who will come out and fight better/harder…

So in all fairness the “performance, or lack there of.” comments should be directed at the reffing (or lack there of) *far* more than Lisa or any of the other girls imo…

And BTW it should actually be the opposite, if anything men’s fights should be stopped quicker. Females can take as much (or more) than men plus our physical assets are primarily based on endurance, speed, and agility rather than raw power which guys naturally have a higher degree of…so, the damage of each shot is less but our fights can be more action-packed and last longer (much like lightweight men vs the heavyweights)

Link below: and the Ould/Bagherdai call was even worse than Quarry/Sell so this thread is right on-target…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?