Favorite Submission hold?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rich
    Post subject: Favorite Submission hold? PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:17 pm

and why?

(apolgies if this has been done before)

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:36 pm
    Instructor

Rear Naked Choke because it’s so instinctive. Once you get to the back it’s just there….you don’t have to think about what you’re supposed to do. I have that problem with all the others. 😳

tapoutuk
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:46 am

No Gi/MMA my favourite move is the figure four ankle lock.

BJJ I like the triangle choke from the back as people don’t expect it from a white belt. However I also like the old knee on chest now and again.

I was fighting a guy in a No Gi and he put a crucifix neck lock on me and dropped all his weight (illegal and painful) so I escaped it and took side mount then dropped the knee right on his chest and drove it in. He screamed so loudly everyone turned to look but I told him I wouldn’t stop till he tapped – I hate people who just use neck cranks and don’t care if they mess your body up and cause serious damage.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:20 am

For me, and I’m talking BJJ here because I need my kimono, it is a tie between a circle choke and an ezekiel choke.

No-gi? I would be clueless.

Maura’s favorite would have to be the armbar from the mount.
    I say this because it is the only submission she ever pulled off during a full roll before she retired.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:11 pm
    Pro Fighter

Head-Arm Choke b/c it’s so solid and so effective. Plus you can transition into like 5 other subs from there if you want. You can pull it off in mount or side control. It stems from good control.

Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:37 am

greatlaughter wrote:
    Head-Arm Choke b/c it’s so solid and so effective. Plus you can transition into like 5 other subs from there if you want. You can pull it off in mount or side control. It stems from good control.

Hmm. Surely you’d want something that works all the time, rather than a bridge to 5 possibilities? Unless you prefer it for learning and trying new things.

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:50 pm

Yeah, i mean why dont people only use submissions that are 100% effective? 🙄

jamesjudo
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:34 pm

TRIANGLE BABY 😈

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:23 pm
    Pro Fighter

[/quote]Hmm. Surely you’d want something that works all the time, rather than a bridge to 5 possibilities? Unless you prefer it for learning and trying new things.[/quote]

Do you train much Rich? Anything works all the time if somebody wants to lay there and let it happen. Wouldn’t that be nice.

Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:44 pm

Training is about expanding your options, and in the ‘anything could happen’ sense this is good. You may be able to internalize everything you’ve practiced and have it on tap as required. That’s great. For folks like me, you try to have a handfull of very effective solutions, rather than the lexicon of situationally dependant solutions.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:02 pm
    Pro Fighter

I guess my perspective is that you never know what another persons’ strengths are so you have to look for all possibilities. All I feel like I do sometimes if defend submissions from my bigger opponents so, if they are trying to tap me with an armbar, they’d better have secondary options b/c I’m good at defending those. So, what I’m saying with a head and arm is if you can’t finish it, you’ve got several other options. I like it because if you secure it, it’s a fantastic choke and hard to get out of.

Rich
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:20 pm

Fair comment. I guess there’s a whole other debate about weather you play to your strengsths or try and nullify theres. I guess its also dependant on ‘untrained sucker’ or ‘knows what they’re doing’.

BreeZyBabii187
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:41 am

For me, it’s tha rear naked. jus cuz its soooo effective and it jus comes so naturally. itz perfect

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:53 pm

From what I understood, Greatlaughter was saying that the move allowed for a handful of combination options. I don’t understand what could be wrong with utilizing combinations in your game.

“I need my kimono”
    “No-gi? I would be clueless.”

Doesn’t it bother you a little to say that? I mean, do you ever feel like training No-gi every once in a while just so you aren’t clueless?

I’m not entirely sure what my favorite move is, but I’ve had pretty good success with applying heel hooks, couple with good success with fighting off heel hooks. I think it comes from grappling with larger guys (I’m about 165 lbs). Some big guys can muscle and squirm out of armbars, but I found that they don’t do that as often with heel hooks.

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:18 pm

If your into using a lot of leg-lcoks you should get into wearing pants when you go no-gi. They are much, much tighter that way, but also more dangerous to train IMO.

Sambo guys compete in shorts, there is a reason for that.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:58 am

KnockOut2 wrote:
    “I need my kimono”
    “No-gi? I would be clueless.”

Doesn’t it bother you a little to say that? I mean, do you ever feel like training No-gi every once in a while just so you aren’t clueless?

I just started training No-gi a couple of months ago. I trained stand up for 2 years, BJJ for one year, and now I am trying to blend the two. I am freely admitting that this is going to take some time. Grappling no-gi still seems strange to me. So far, my brain still says, “StandUp=Strike, Ground=Submission”. 🙄 I can’t seem to wrap my brain around striking on the ground.

wrestleone
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:21 am

neck crank lol

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?