Female Fighters Needed – Magic Johnson

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

J
    Post subject: Female Fighters Needed Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:48 pm

I can’t vouch for the legitimacy of this — passing it along.
    Date: 12/28/07 11:57 AM

Hello everyone.

I am now looking for 8 female mma fighters to compete with the chance to be on tv. I got the information this morning about a promoter looking to have a show that will have 4 female fights on it. Two of the fights WILL be on tv. If you know anyone who might be interested please have them contact me at either mrkendrickjohnson@tmail.com or at 248 252 3469. My name is Kendrick Johnson with KJ Productions.

The promoter also told me that they want to have the fighters set then they will set the date since it will be on tv they want everyone to have about 6 weeks or so to train to insure a great show.

My name is Kendrick Johnson and now I live in Marietta,GA.

Also I am working on getting a 135lbs I think that fight will be set once ithey get back to me.

I need a 95-105lbs and I have the last fight open to whoever right now.

J
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:44 pm

Well, this guy just posted this as a followup:
    Hello everyone. As of right now I have three fights matched and I am working on the fourth one. Its a fight at 135lbs and it would be vs debbie purcell. So if you know any 135lbs who would be willing to fight her let me know. Thanks for all the help. I am loooking to have everything lined up by monday so I can have this sit down with them and get the ball rolling. What I will say now is that we are planning on a march 8th show.
    ??? Looks like a fight for Debi ???

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:56 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

This is my 1 “pet peeve” of promoters of woman’s MMA…..matching women up based solely on their weight instead of experience. Realistically, unless the fighters last name is LaRosa, Buckner, Bazler, Modaferri, Kedzie or D’Auguste, they shouldn’t even be asked to fight someone of Debi’s caliber.

titlefight
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:20 pm

ShdwPrwler wrote:
    This is my 1 “pet peeve” of promoters of woman’s MMA…..matching women up based solely on their weight instead of experience. Realistically, unless the fighters last name is LaRosa, Buckner, Bazler, Modaferri, Kedzie or D’Auguste, they shouldn’t even be asked to fight someone of Debi’s caliber.
    Really its usually just a starting point. Experience doesn’t really matter if you can’t get the fight sanctioned at the right weight. So you get all the 135ers you can and then pick the best match up.

Not sure if you have had bad experiences with this though. If so that sucks!

Keylock Kev
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:59 am

It will get easier as more women are starting to training and wanting to fight.

titlefight
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:38 pm

Keylock Kev wrote:
    It will get easier as more women are starting to training and wanting to fight.
    Yeah, i agree. Like i said, to me it seems like a real catch 22. I think it gets better in the future! Local shows start doing better, Womens MMA gains popularity and shows can afford to bring in girls from out of state to battle our NorCal warriors.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?