FEMALE MMA GROWING PLEASE READ

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

debi
    Post subject: FEMALE MMA GROWING PLEASE READ Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:32 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Hello everyone,

Many things have happened recently to kick my ass into gear to further try my best to help the women of this sport ban together and move forward with this site, this sport and my own career..

You might not understand, but Shelby Walker’s tragic death for one, I have learned yet another life lesson about treating people the way I want to be treated, having dignity and honor, Things I try to achieve but often falter on.
    Often wondering why I or anyone else has to be so damn judge-mental, jealous or nasty.

Dealing with my own family crises recently with my dad and sister in law contracting deadly cancer at the same time.

Ending an engagement and losing someone I love recently, mostly because I want to continue dedicating my life and pursuing my dream’s within this sport I love so much.

Losing my mother a few years back to brain cancer changed my life in ways I could not even imagine. Maybe tragedy kicks people into gear, who knows but for me it seems too have ended up that way.

I realize we all battle our own demons and tragedies so why should I be any different.

THE UP SIDE :

While tragedy and surgery have plagued my life recently, iv also been blessed with MANY great things and great people coming into my life… offering BIG opportunities , lots of love and support. You know who you are so THANK you from the bottom of my heart. I will do my best to not let you down.

LISTEN UP LADIES :

MMA is finally blowing up. And soon there will be BIG opportunities for us all. It is my hope and dream that the women progress and move forward right along with the men, instead of being left behind and having to claw our way to the top like in every other dominated male sport in the past history.

Thanks to a few dedicated women who put their ass on the line for no pay and no publicity you ladies will get a chance to have opportunities many of them never got.

If you are fighting just because it sounds like a cool thing to do or it makes you feel cool on the internet,, get a CLUE and realize to compete in this sport you need to be training your ass off everyday like the men.

It takes time and a lot of dedication before you step in the ring, so please consider this before you call promoters trying to fight, and realize you may be ruining some other women’s chance who puts the training time in.

Also if your fighting at top level and think your so hot shit that that you do not need to step up and fight who is in front of you, (even if its me) you are completely clueless as to what it means to be a champion or a fighter.. female fighting is not even close to where it needs to be to have that attitude. Step up or Step down.

FIGHTERGIRLS.COM under new management soon

As many of you know, I have maintained this site myself with the help of a lot of great people offering free services through-out the years to a site which is so needed in this sport but has not been effective in accounting all the news, galleries, or data that the women deserve in this sport.

I have always winced at the idea of giving up part of this site because I have always been afraid someone would try to bring this site to a different direction and not have the same motives that I have for the women.. Because of that and of lack of funds, I have neglected this site to keep moving forward and give it the justice it deserves.

I am writing this to let everyone know. In the next few months, This site will FINALLY have completed updated news, galleries, data-bases, proper information for promoters and the fighters to help unite the women in this sport even more,

Offering a clothing also store including training bra’s, and complete training gear for women’s fighting-training. WE will carry most lines of popular athletic gear also, so this will be your one stop shop. God knows iv spent enough time and money figuring out what brands work for training.

We are looking for photographers, writers, updaters and people who want to go after advertising as well. Please do not E-mail me about it yet I will post very SOON whom to contact for all of this when all the details get worked out and I make my final decision on which person I am choosing to partner with.

I realize many of you do not get responses to e-mails from me and honestly it really hurts me to not be able to respond. That is one of the reasons I am giving away part of the site time-management.. So I can focus on what I do best, training, fighting, and promoting-managing I will get the chance to answer some of the questions that get asked to me and want you to know I appreciate each and every e-mail I get and you soon will be hearing from me.

I am also now managing fighters men and women and am seeking out three male fighters, two 185, 205 1 heavy weight male, and also 3 females at any weight to manage and line up sponsors for. If you are interested please e-mail me at debi@fightergirls.com, please be 100% serious about taking your fighting to the top and be willing to train and be dedicated or you wont be considered.

I want to keep this site as a FREE source for ALL female fighters and ALL promoters as a space for everyone to connect so the management is a completely separate thing.

Please use this thread to post your ideas and thoughts. Although we may not use them they will all be seriously considered. ;-P

ALPHA FEMALE FIGHT WEAR now has a new partner so we are back in production and will soon have more board shorts and new fight training attire.

Thank you ALL so very much for contributing to this site, You help this sport grow for us women more then you will ever know. And soon hopefully everyone is going to benefit.
    Debi Purcell

mmasnakepit
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:47 am

Everything you said was very well put. I am excited for the changes, sorry for your losses and struggles you have had and thankful for your dedication to MMA!

Thanks Debi!

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:39 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

I feel that in the last 5 years the market has been flooded by female fighters.. These female fighters have drove the $$ down to nothing. I see womens MMA prizes going to 0 because some fighters are willing to fight for less than $2000.00 and if you are one of these women that have fought for less than $1000.00 to show $1000.00 to win. Guess what you are the reason there is no $$$ in fighting… This means that instead of being a Pro fighter you better keep your regular job 9-5… Sad to say but supply and demand is here!! most women need to stand up for it or Yes you will be fighting for penuts!! I see the posters with women on it and people come to see women fight. example HooknShoot #1 video is revolution… I guess it is up to the women fighters to get together and work to get the same pay as males..

I really think you women need to get together and work out a min pay for a fight..

Get a manager that will get you some $$$$$

Chad

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:06 pm
    Pro Fighter

Well, Chad, it’s hard to demand more money, especially if you don’t have much of a record and are on a small show. I know some guys who got slipped 200 bucks for their second or third MMA fight, so of course if it’s a small show (which is how you have to get started!) you can’t always ask for that. But I do see your point. Every fighter needs a manager, even if it’s just their coach, since it’s tough for a fighter to talk about money since the promoter has the advantage and KNOWS they just want to fight.

But yeah, Debi, well said. I look forward to a more active site!!

mmasnakepit
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:55 am

These are all great points.

I hate discussing money with promoters and after my most recent experience with a promoter I fought for i think its going to be even harder to discuss money.

My coach says it is important to advocate for yourself… So I did and now im not fighting for them anymore. 😕

I do think having a manager is very important for a fighter.

Im very frusterated.

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:35 am

Debi, I did nto know about your recent trobles and if there is anything I can do, eventhough it is 3000 miles away here in NYC, I will help. Hang in there. I am coming to Cali and hope to say “hello” while I am there.

Since I am in NYC, I can help the sight by interviewing more east coast fighters like I did in years past. Let me know about that.

Take care andhang in there,

brian

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:09 pm

You should know I’d be down for the updating.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?