fight for Debi?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

J
    Post subject: fight for Debi? Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:27 pm

This was posted about Debi on the UG — wondering if there is any truth to it? Debi, are you fighting again soon?

“I believe she just did sign for an upcoming fight. Though, I am not sure with who or where. Her knees are good and she has been training.”

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:49 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Kurt Otto President of the IFL Is looking for a fight for me,
    So yes it is true. Tara Larosa. If you would like to fight me.

I am ready, willing, and waiting patiently to fight you. I have contatced Bo-dog and Migeil multiple times to get the fight and will keep on trying until it happens,

As you so eloquently quote *I have a lousy record* so it should not be too difficult a day for you. 😉

Deb
    Last edited by debi on Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

J
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:57 am

Thanks Debi — I’m excited to see you fight again (and I’m sure everyone on this board feels the same). Best of luck setting everything up.

Ruby
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:37 pm

debi wrote:
    Kurt Otto President of the IFL Is looking for a fight for me,
    So yes it is true. Tara Larosa. If you would like to fight me.

I am ready, willing, and waiting patiently to fight you. I have contatced Bo-dog and Migeil multiple times to get the fight and will keep on trying until it happens,

As you so eloquently quote *I have a lousy record* so it should not be too difficult a day for you. 😉

Deb

😆 That would be a great fight!!!!

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:19 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

We are still looking for someone to take the offer.. I hear the IFL is getting a lot of these fighters that are saying no??? I don’t understand why this would be great to get women on the card.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:16 am
    Pro Fighter

chad, been trying to send you a pm and it’s not working. Pls email me at eposener@shaw.ca

thx.

holddown
    Post subject: WHY THEY WON’T FIGHT YOUPostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:13 am

That is an easy one to answer. Because you would knock and take them out easy. Tara would not last around. Gina same thing.

So it easy for them to fight someone who has no chance of beating them and i mean beating them as opposed to take a huge loss and a real beating.

Deb you are the best and everyone knows it. So come one Tara tell us why you won’t take her in or you too Gina.

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:47 am
    Pro Fighter

I’m not going to get involved in the mudslinging here…

BUT, I would have thought that a lot of the female fighters around are under contract to various other organizations (Bodog, EliteXC, etc) which might prevent them from taking the offer.

There are also other perfectly valid reasons people might have for turning down a fight – not being able to come to an agreement about the money being a common one.

Without knowing the details of the negotiations, I would hesitate to start accusing anyone of “ducking” the fight. And it’s ridiculous to accuse Tara, of all people, of avoiding tough fights.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:08 am

Hi holddown – I do agree that some promotions are somewhat selective in picking opponents for their “main” fighter, however, that’s not the case with BodogFights. If you’ve seen any of their fights then you know they match the best against the best and let the ladies settle it in the ring. That’s why I think we’ll see Debi doing her thing for Bodog sometime in the not to distant future. 😀

holddown
    Post subject: COME ON NOWPostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:27 am

Deb would fight any of them, any where for any organization. If I am wrong about that Debbie please let us know.

Regardless does anyone seriously think that Debbie would knock the living SH*T out of Tara in no time flat. As I say i hope I can bet on that one.

Ruby
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:57 pm

Rosi wrote:
    I’m not going to get involved in the mudslinging here…

BUT, I would have thought that a lot of the female fighters around are under contract to various other organizations (Bodog, EliteXC, etc) which might prevent them from taking the offer.

There are also other perfectly valid reasons people might have for turning down a fight – not being able to come to an agreement about the money being a common one.

Without knowing the details of the negotiations, I would hesitate to start accusing anyone of “ducking” the fight. And it’s ridiculous to accuse Tara, of all people, of avoiding tough fights.
    You make a good point. I am sure the same politics probably goes for most of the male fighters too. I do think it would still make a good fight though

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’ll talk to Kurt and for the right money I know multiple fighters that would accept. Have to see at what weight too.

Josh

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:13 am
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    Deb would fight any of them, any where for any organization. If I am wrong about that Debbie please let us know.
    I’m pretty sure that that would depend on being offered the right money. Not being able to come to a deal that everyone’s happy with is a common reason for fights not taking place. No idea whether that’s got anything to do with this situation, though.

Quote:
    Regardless does anyone seriously think that Debbie would knock the living SH*T out of Tara in no time flat. As I say i hope I can bet on that one.
    I don’t see ANYONE “knocking the living SH*T out of Tara in no time flat”. I think most people would agree that it would be a tough fight, regardless of how you see the outcome going.

bindy
    Post subject: Australasian champPostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi Debi i have a girl who would be honored to take this fight and IFL might be interested as she is the Australasian champ and hasnt fought in America before. She has several deals in the wind thought.

Lana was going to talk to you about it so contact her or me belindad@orcon.net.nz

Any-one else willing to give Australasian fighters a go can check us on http://www.primetime.co.nz or contact Lana or Sam from Girlz team as they are looking to bring an American team to our next event.

Cheers B

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:07 pm

(BEWARE LONG WINDED POST)

LOOK I do not claim to be the best; ok well I have hinted at it lol, but at least I am willing to step up and fight.

I have not fought in over a year. most of that is not being able to find fights, part of that is losing my best friend and coach Jeremy….

My record reflects me not having an easy time getting fights it,
    If you think I have been training every day all of these years sitting at home turning down fights well then, think again

A lot of BS goes on behind closed doors that a lot of you do not see, If IFL actually does pull’s through and get’s me a fight, it will be nice for a change to know that I will get a FAIR fight, at a FAIR weight, at a FAIR price.

Kurt Otto personally extended the offer too Gina for this past Aug 3 IFL & it was not accepted, they told Kurt they were trying to set it up in Showtime, but I have been trying to get that fight from the begging and constantly told no.

I do believe though Gina will fight me someday though I hope it is in the next few years before I retire.

Whoever said Tara is not ducking me is SADLY mistaking. the girl has not only ducked me for YEARS but slandered my name, brought up thing’s I have done in my past, made up lies, gossip anything to not have to step in the ring with me and I have been too polite to bring it up a lot publicly.

She has taken dishonorable to a whole new level.
    I believe in retribution & that good and bad peopleDO eventually get what they deserve.

I have not been a perfect angle in life, and Iv done things I regret, however that is what build’s character in a person and makes them grow, thank god not all of us are perfect. Life would be so damn dull and boring! But I do not have the desire to bring other people down because of my own insecurities.

I am not sure exactly why I have not hung it up like Erin Toughill did. (she’s had the same problem)

Maybe because I have this little nagging goal and that is to prove what I can do and that all of those years of getting the CRAP beaten out of me and those years of hard training I have put in with Marco and Jeremy were not done in vain .

I spoke with Erin yesterday and basically begged her to come out of retirement for this same reason. So hopefully she will do it as well.

I know one thing is I am not retiring with the record I have and I am not going to go away until I annoy people to step up.. one of the reason I am a press monger is to want people to get annoyed and bring me down LOL, that is the way it works unfortunatly

That said thank you to the few girls over the years, Amanda Jen howe and the few others that have been willing. I have MAD respect for you girls. And like I said retribution 😉

I realize this post is pretty to the point & negative, I DESPISE the drama, but I am being pushed past my limit of what I am comfortable with and what I am going to sit and take. THE TRUTH after all is the TRUTH

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:30 pm

had seen a few blurbs about the “fued” but had no idea it ran so deep. i had offered tara my condolences, think we have all felt loss and was sincere, but one thing has nothing to do with the other. if she has truly done these things then you have valid reason to feel the way you do. “drama” is part of life, the good and bad, yin/yang…as humans we do not always get along and if there is a legitimate issue no better place to settle it than inside the ring. some of the greatest fights and rivalries in sport have been based on real life drama and emotion. fighting for $$ and competition are great reasons but also things like pride, honor, and *principles* are important and noble reasons too…but, if tara has generated this it is strange that she’d be ducking you, it’s clear she is capable and skilled, so this is really “the fight” that has needed to happen in the sport for years…

SURFINGGRACIE
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:40 am

I find it odd that any female fighter is turning down any kind of fights. Take a look around, the female fight pool is not that big. Who’s larosa going to fight in the next year or two?

3 fighters come to mind who have been consistantly turned down for fights (even when they are willing to cut weight) are debi purcell, erin toughill and jen case. These are 3 highly skilled very tough female fighters that have been shut out of the fight scene. i know in the case of jen case she has been turned down by many of the women listed in the rankings on this website. You cannot call yourself the best pound for pound fighter unless you have fought any of the 3 fighters mentioned above (in my opinion)

I think people forget when the men started mma there were no weight classes until the talent pool built up. You fought whoever they put in front of you. I am not saying putting mismatches on but not fighting someone because of 5 or 10 pounds difference is crap especially when noone can even put together a legitamate women’s ranking. The only female fighter i’ve seen fighting at open weights is roxy (i would love to hear her comments on fighting heavier opponents).

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:11 am
    Pro Fighter

One thing to consider is that the contracts are just wrong. I’ve turned down fights that I really wanted because of money. It’s not that money is the main issue, but if a promoter is going to make money off me, then I deserve a fair cut. I know that eventually if I’m patient, I’ll get the matches that I want for a fair price.

I’m sure that other fighters have similar problems.

As for the weigh differences, I have fought 10 lbs heavier and it makes a big difference.
    I could be wrong, but I think that roxanne’s tournament title that she won (very impressed by the way) was an open tournament in japan. I don’t think that the women were that huge- probably under 145 or 150.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:12 am

SG nice to see you on here. make sure you xcome back the new site is launching on friday

SHUT out o the fight scene is CORRECT. Id like to fight every girl on that top ten list LOL the only problem is that 99% wll not step up too fight

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:35 pm

debi wrote:
    SG nice to see you on here. make sure you xcome back the new site is launching on friday

SHUT out o the fight scene is CORRECT. Id like to fight every girl on that top ten list LOL the only problem is that 99% wll not step up too fight
    that really sucks debi. hopefully something comes up for you soon. it would be awesome to see you fight again!

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’d be glad to take the fight (assuming money and dates work out). I have had trouble getting anything scheduled and the IFL would be a great organization to fight for. If anyone can put me in touch with them that would be great. My email is amanda.buckner@gmail.com

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:46 pm

Amanda Buckner vs Debi Purcell……how’s that for a dream matchup?!?!?
    😀 😀 😀

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:57 pm

niiiiiice…. 🙂

Ruby
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:57 pm

It would be cool if this fight could debut on IFL. Just make sure it is in NJ o.k. So I can get tickets LOL!!!!!

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:20 am

A,
    It would be a honor to fight you in IFL. Please contact them as soon as you can. and I am talkling to them also. , There is no room on the final 2 card’s, so we wait until next season (which is almost here)

Deb

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:49 pm
    Pro Fighter

Deb,
    Can you give me any contact info for them? I know I can probably get an email off their website but I thought you may have an idea of the best person to contact. That would be cool if they set something up, they seem to be a great organization.

jjsmommi2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:27 pm

holy shit buckner vs purcell
    MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?