fight prep suggestions

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

vrlewis121
    Post subject: fight prep suggestions PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:04 pm

I am training for my first fight in Nov. and I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions how to prepare nutrition wise. I also want to drop a weight class as well. Can anyone tell me a good way to go about this? Any other suggestions for a first time fighter are also greatly appreaciated. 😆

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:17 am
    Instructor

As far as dropping weight classes go, you should check out the thread titled Meat, Leaf, & Berry Diet. You’ve got quite a bit of time before your fight so a simple diet will be better for you than actually “cutting weight”.

vrlewis121
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:29 am

Thanks! One question though on the Meat, Leaf, and Berry diet. Would non-fat organic plain yogart be ok?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:37 am
    Instructor

I would say yes, but only in moderation. This is the diet that I followed to get ready for my fight. I lost about 30 lbs. in 5 months.

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:54 am
    Pro Fighter

I’ve been wrestling all my life and what it really comes down to is calories taken in V.S. calories burnt. Just eat healthy such as low fat foods, foods with a lot of fiber ( keeps you fuller longer ) and lean meats ( turkey , tuna, chicken). Eat every 3 hours or so, but keep it small portion and make sure every time you eat, you eat some good protien. Find a whey or soy protien with very low carbs and sugar also. Protien shakes can actually be really good. Add little things like scoop peanut butter ( low fat) and /or bananas, fruit. And to sweeten it up use splenda. Splenda is also good on grapefruit and kewis and stuff. Cut out refined sugars also. Good luck with training! If you want anymore info i can email you.

vrlewis121
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:17 pm

Any help would be great. My email is vrlewis121@mac.com. One of the big problems I am finding with keeping a consistant diet is my work schedule. I work such funky hours that it is hard to eat more than two to three times a day if i am lucky. Also any good recipies for protein shakes would be great. The one I am using right now calls for the non fat yogart.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?