Fighter purses

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ixion
    Post subject: Fighter pursesPostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:22 am

Hello, new to posting but have been reading the forums for a while now. I’m finding that I’m liking alot of what women are doing in various fields that are typically guy-oriented. Odd that my favorite music bands are now female metal bands. Some of my favorite fighters are females as well now.

I was curious what kind of purses female fighters are earning. I know the figures for male fighters but not what females are earning. Was considering putting on a show myself but won’t be real high budgeted. I’d love to be able to include female fights if possible. Whats some of the highest paydays you all have had and what is typical? I ask about highest payday as I’d like to set the purses at the upper level for single fights rather than lower paydays for fighters.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Hopefully I can support the sport with the info received.

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:51 pm

ixion.. the purse will greatly depend on the size of show and level of athlete. I have females that I work with that have earned from $100+$100 all the way up to $1000+$1000, this will run the spectrum in the US.. of course, travel and accomadations.

I have run many shows and currently work with 5 female fighters on getting them fights right now, if your serious about doing a show, let me know.

timothyosborne@kyfight.com

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:11 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

..i hate to say it…..100.00 is too low

….200.00…….low….
    …….lets start at 400.00/
    ///what if the gal gets a broken leg…medical expenses…

,,,,these days 100.00 cant buy peanuts………

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:42 pm

While I agree with you scarce 100%.. The market will only bare so much money.. There are many shows that male and female fighters on the undercard only make 100+100 or 200+200.. Fighters are faced with the option.. fight for that, or not at all.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:52 pm

..well..i see

but i think a gal with lots of style /skills should get more

but i under stand the times are tough for gal fighters

i want to host an event how much money would i need

,,i can get up to 15,000 is that enough

i need a city permit and chicago has strict rules/

they do gal roller derby in chicago…so i guess
    i could host a mma female event/ how much cash should i have/

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:33 pm

Depends on how big of show you want to do. $15,000 will let you do a small – medium size show. Will depend alot on venue and exact location. I know there are alot of active girls in the Chicago area.. it would be a good place to do one.

You have to remember one thing.. if your paying more, say $300+$300 to each fighter-
    $900 per fight ($600 to the winner, $300 for the loser)
    $100 in gas (assuming one fighter is local and one travels in by car)
    $150 in hotel rooms (two rooms in Chicago will be at least that much)
    gives you 1150 per fight.. at 10 fights.. 11500.. That leaves you 3500 and you still need insurance, venue, referee, judges, doctors, emt, ambulance, ring/cage, posters/ad costs, misc expenses etc..

$15k alone wont cover it, you will need to ad some sponsorship $$ to the mix..

Chicago/IL has some strict rules/laws.. but I have some connections there too.. if you serious about doing one, drop me an email and we can talk in more detail. timothyosborne@kyfight.com

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:42 am

..i will communicate soon

but wont the insurance fees ..kill me///

i could get sued..and all that stuff/ thanx tim//

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?