fighting apperal problems

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ladygrappler
    Post subject: fighting apperal problemsPostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:04 am

I just need to take a second to get something off my chest. Its really irritatng when you go to a largely known fight site for fight gear and when you click on womens tank tops all you get are “bra tanks” and thongs!! Nothing else!!! what happend to full tank tops?? Women still wear those right? Or even to find some fight shorts..nope just underwear!! Grrr…sorry had to vent about that thanks 😕

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:30 pm

I thought that was really weird myself. Obviously, they are catering to “fight fans” who want to buy that stuff for their girlfriends.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:31 pm

Yet another reason why Debi should come up with a clothing line for REAL fighters. She had mentioned the idea before on here. If anyone here wants to invest into a fightergirls clothing line, email Debi 😉 I’m sure she’ll hear you out.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:25 pm

well by the same token – isn’t time to kill the thong-wearing ring girls as well?

isn’t that a BIT adolescent?

Robert

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:02 pm

I think that’s a great idea… hehe…

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:11 am

Kill the ring girls…oh I am in favor of that one!! Them and the NFL cheerleaders….bunch of dingbats…Sorry if I offend..but I speak my mind. I say just buy men’s shorts and wear a tank top. Ya know..the “wifebeaters” hehehe. If men had their way (ok..some men) all female fighters regardless of their talent would be in fishnets, corsets, stillettoes, and crotchless panties to get in the ring. That would suck..because have ya actually tried to run in some stillettoes? Its hard as hell, but it does strengthen the calf muscles…..hahahaha

VooDooQueen

bjjamazon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:44 pm

I love wearing thongs but when I train I wear the low cut boy shorts. When it comes to tops, I find that going to a surf shop or online to Roxy’s I can find those full tops that are cute yet practical.

At one point of time I thought about getting a contract with a company to make fight wear just for women…maybe I still should.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:26 pm

Thongs?

Schwwwiiinnnng!

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:56 pm
    Pro Fighter

hey, a couple other lady fighters and i have been contemplating coming up with some prototypes of fight gear that really is made for women. i was even thinking of working on a new cut for gi pants. if you have any input, let me know, maybe we’re on to something?

bjjamazon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:14 am

Sounds good cash. We can keep in touch via email. bjjamazon@aol.com

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:21 am
    Instructor

Be sure to include women’s board shorts…..some of us don’t like it when our ass cheeks hang out.

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:44 pm

Gi pants?? Hell yeah….They come in one style..mens…no curves. I have curves and have to get a bigger size that I have to hem. I think something that would fit an hourglass figure would be the bomb.

Boy cut panties are the best for training..um..no wedgie issues when ya kick. Thongs are cool..but suck majorly when ya doing kicking drills. I mean..its not like we are men and can just adjust like they do out in the open.

I think if all of us get together we could have a rather lucrative business going on.

VooDoo

email me at voodoobitch2003@yahoo.com

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:15 pm
    Pro Fighter

Definitely. I’ve encountered problems with my gi being that
    a: its cut too wide in the shoulders
    b: the crotch of my pants sag and inhibit my movement and when im in say…sidemount.

I have an A1 that i shrunk and it still just isnt quite right.

As far as fight shorts go, now that theyre making them with the seam that runs leg-to-leg, instead of down the front and up the back, i get all this extra fabric in the front…pretty unflattering.

bjjamazon, i added you to my buddylist…and anyone else can get at me at xtap or snapx@aol.com
    😀

ladygrappler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:59 am

one other thing that needs to be addressed..are the sports bras or sport tops….now…im what you would call top heavy! Not by choice ..no implants just silly genetics! And youd think that by now we could together come up with something a liitle more convential than a sports bra or top, with something other than round plates as armor on the boobs (not a bad wepaon) and still recieve some support! My sensi always says i tapped em with the boob choke! (from mount just ley em down on top haha) and since that has come up with a technique he lovingly refers to as the hairy man breast feed haha. ANyways…if we are doing th clothing thing lemme know! (jazz_babe_87@hotmail.com) we need to reform the gear for ladies!!

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

I have been trying to work on this for quite a while. I have not been posting a lot because I have honestly been very busy, but I can shed at least a little light on this subect.

it is just a very slow and timely process. there is a LOT of good clothing coming out for women and training these days. Mostly it is for the SURFER girls here in cali but…. they now make LONG board shorts that fit girls, not only do they fit but a lot of them have stretch as well. which makes for the perfect training or fight shorts. Quicksilver is my fav. Billabong also have female rash guards that do not have that annoying HIGH neck, and are sleeveless or have female sleeves.

These items are pretty easy to find at most sporting goods stores. and if not very easy online.

I have yet to perfect the perfect fitting vale tudo short but I am working on it. they have all been too long too short too high a waste blah blah….. but I thihnk I may have found someone to make them.

AS for sport bras. There is a new bra company out called enell .. enell.com they make some amazing bras. that will not kill your training partner LOL?

only 3 years ago I was wearing men board shorts to train, which never fit. and male surf rash guards. Vale tudo shorts are a fat joke to try to fit the female form.

Nikegodess also has a lot of new cool stuff that works to train in as well. So I think there is hope for us yet. As for the gi stuff I dont wear one. but when I did pretty much jsut summed it up to be in pj’s anyway and always felt they were comfortable.

and my LAST critic would be the thong. IM not very find of granny panty lines. or a thong hanging out of my board shorts when rolling. so I have found that BOY SHORTS are the answer….. they are VERY easy to find in just about any department store. VOODOO has it absolutley correct

I am also getting laughed at for wearing a nude shoe used for ballet dancers that fits on just the ball of my foot, I use it for thai boxing so when I spin to kick, which happens every time. I spin better and I save my friggen feet from bleeding. ALL the thai guys were laughing at first, but a SWEAR a few have asked me where they can get a pair. 😉 Do not worry guys I wont tell who you are LOL> I know you;ll never have the balls to wear them anyway. . I have been kickboxing for over 15 years now and I NO longer believe my coaches when then say that making my feet TOUGH will help me when I fight. that is such bullshit. I have learned that taking CARE of my feet as best I can helps me train longer and makes it EASIER when I fight not tougher.

OK last but not least. my hair/ I am sure I am not the only one that walks off the mat with half my hair on it or my training partners faces. or in my mouth piece choking to death, I have tried braids pony tails. twist you name it. and am now going to try a swim cap. 😆 ok im kidding but in ALL seriousness I have considered shaving my head again/ but since I have muscles IM afraid id look ever more manely LMAO. so thats definintly OUT> So IM looking for suggestions. maybe I should wear a swim cap when I fight. so I can put a sponsers name on it. then I can be the talk of the forum 🙄

OK IM almost done writing my ADD driven HUGE ass post. But I want to thank you ladies for talking about this subject and giving all your great ideas.. That is one of the reason’s I have this forum. because it is hard enough being a female fighter. But dealing with clothing issues is a BIG fat PAIN.

I am a MUCH better professional SHOPPER then fighter anyway, and since all is I do is hop and train. I can give some GREAT advice on this subject 😉

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:47 pm

You once had a shaved head???
    I wanna see that 🙂

Good post, Deb.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

neato, because i had a shaved head too, but i had the fringe deal in the front. and yes…i keep threatening to shave all mine back off too.
    ironically enough, after i posted that message  sent me a promotion code…theyre selling womens’ gis and black and pink fight gear to be coming out as of september 2004. you guys might want to check it out, i dunno.
    youre both right about the boy shorts. you can get them anywhere, in any color or pattern. underarmour makes some nice ones but theyre $18…sorry i cant spend that on one pair of underwear right now.
    is running free shipping on EVERYTHING right now and has some decent prices on some womens workout gear. some of the capris and the workout pants are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally cute too. i dont know about their function as far as grappling goes but if you want to box in them or something theyd probably work fine, and youd definitely be stylin and profilin.
    thats about all i know for today, and this thread has turned out to be one of the better ones, people are actually posting useful information.

keep rollin raw! 😈

Mandy_Aus
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:13 am

This would have to be the greatest subject yet 🙂 Im the only girl at our gym so i have no one to get ideas off. So far when it comes to grappling training i always wear a one piece swimsuit and then some shorts and tank top or tight pants or whatever (may look a little funny but im at the point where i just dont care) and its the best cuz i never have to worry about whether my clothing has been ripped off or anything, i love it!!

I have long her aswell and have never been able to find a solution for it, but i was wondering if the ear guards used in wrestling help keep it under control at all, i dont have a pair but i was wondering how they go, does anyone here wear them??

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:16 am

HAIR! I can answer the hair one… or at least give the best [reasonable]option I’ve found for training…

I use two french braids- one on each side of my head… and I make them as TIGHT as a I can (BTW- do the french braids while your hair is still wet from showering). Then instead of leaving the braids hanging down, I twist each into a little bun at the base of my neck- doesn’t get in the way of my headgear or while doing ab work too much but again- it tightens up the braids a little more (I think so anyways). THEN I put about 6 pins in my hair, mainly around my face where little pieces tend to fall out, so that when pieces fall out later during my workout, I can hold them back. But they tend to stay in really well- I make sure that when I’m doing the french braids that I only take small strands so the braids end up realllllly tight (love those headaches… haha).

Anyways I do that before almost every workout… it looks decent and my hair stays back alright. Not sure yet how it’ll stay in during jiu-jitsu, but I’ll probably find out pretty quick. 🙂 I know ponytails didn’t work- my hair was alllllll out. It takes me about 10 min to do my hair like this, but I’ve been doing it since I was a teenager (I horseback rode and never could keep a regular french braid in my hair without it falling out) so I’ve had lots of years to perfect it and learn to throw it up quickly.

Will let you know how it works during jiu-jitsu if i ever wake up early enough for my morning classes to put my hair back 😀

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:10 am
    Pro Fighter

Rikki wrote:
    Be sure to include women’s board shorts…..some of us don’t like it when our ass cheeks hang out.
    LOL!!!!!!

*breath* Okay sorry, that amused me.

I really want board shorts :< but they never fit…. 🙁
    I wouldn’t mind normal tank-tops for women who’s larges aren’t uber tight and clingy. I don’t like showing off my chest, really.
    One of my main complaints are thaiboxing shorts. I went to my club one day DETERMINED to buy a pair, but couldn’t bring myself to spend the 50 bucks on uncomfortable, unattractively weird shorts that rode up and buldged out in weird ways since I actually have hips.

The hair thing…somebody definately needs to invent something. I’ve tried those …how do I say this and still be political correct? Black silky hair pieces that african americans tend to wear that tie behind the neck and cover the hair. It…didn’t really work unless I wear ear guards. So I just wear ear guards. And I find the two pigtails behind the ears work well for my shoulder length hair, but after a hard train, there’s no avoiding the mess that follows. (but it changed my hair style, damnit! I can’t part my hair down the center in public anymore because the front hairs are all broken 🙁 now I do a side part)

but yeah, what Debi said sounds good…I would love to help out if I could. 😛 I would love to help advertize and spread the loooove!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:18 am
    Pro Fighter

XcashXmoneyX wrote:
    ironically enough, after i posted that message sent me a promotion code…theyre selling womens’ gis and black and pink fight gear to be coming out as of september 2004. you guys might want to check it out, i dunno.
    Is anybody going to get a pink gi? I’m….gosh I hope I never see a pink gi. 😡
    One of my sensei’s in Japan (uematsu naoya) wears a yellow gi to class once in a while. The first time he did it everyone LOOKED at him. And….then looked away. He comes over to me and I say, “Uh nice…gi..” and he goes “It’s BRIGHT, RIGHT? 😀 😀 It’s SO YELLOW, RIGHT? :D” And I said “uh yeah it is…” and he LAUGHED and walked away. What a dork. He later said he did it just to annoy people, and he’d never wear it in competition. He gave another reason but I wasn’t sure what he meant since I didn’t get the Japanese. Black’s okay, blue’s..meh. I dunno, I just feel like WHITE is the PURE traditional color. I’ve seen red. And I don’t even want to fight with someone wearing a red gi because it rubs off. 😛

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:22 pm

Ok I checked- the braids work OKAY for grappling or sparring without headgear… hair gets a little messed up and it gets pulled out of the braids a little bit, but mostly stays where it should. NOT a fashion statement, but it keeps it out of my face. 🙂

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:22 am

NEVER EVER EVER braid your hair when it is wet. It will damage it beyond belief. It shrinks as it dries and will break when it is stressed. Just braid it tight when it is dry, much better and your hairdresser wont strangle you. Smothing gel also helps to keep it in place when you ahve it braided. I had to have mine french braided last night, but it is so silky and fine that it didnt even stay. I tend to just pull my now red locks into a high ponytail that comes out of the top of my head gear. Looks a bit wild with that red mane flying, but who cares…ya get helmet head no matter what you do.

Anyone else hate it in class when ya have to do take downs and some small strands are loose and they get pulled…lol..makes ya submit real fast. Grappling with the guys tend to leave me with some locks missing, too. I am thinking that a Grace Jones hairdo (or hairdont) might just work.
    Cashmoney….on gi’s for women…remember…unlike Century gi’s…..we tend to be on the shorter side…and do have curves. Century’s crap is made for the tall and lanky male with no consideration that a female might be wearing them. I mean, I am curvy and no where near having a boyish figure…plus…the gi tops dont make allowances for a C cup. YOu end up having to go up a size or two then it looks like you are in a boxy tent. GRR!!

Pink gi?? hmm…only if you put your intial on the left side like Laverne & Shirley…perhaps throw in black neckerchief..roflmao. In Shao Lin, white is only for orange and under, then at purple you may wear black. Blue and up can mix and match black and white and may also wear other colors.

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:36 pm

Sorry, I’m soooo ungirly… didn’t even think about the hair damage thing. 🙂

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:22 pm

Ungirly??? LOL….Guess I am too girly then…oh well…just one more thing to use to my advantage. I think in my next tournament I will wear stilletto heels, not only are they soooo smile, but they would give me a height advantage as well. 😆 I have to take care of my hair…my hairdresser is the biggest gay man I have ever seen and he gives me hell about even wearing headgear and goes postal about my ponytails. (Big as in…looks more like a football player than the drag queen that he is) I am scared of his fits…lol.

VooDoo

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:25 am

HAHA nice… I need a hairdresser to keep after me! 😆 It would probably drive me crazy though.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?