Fights Last Night…RESULTS

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: Fights Last Night…RESULTS Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:42 am
    Pro Fighter

Just wanted to congratulate Lisa Ward for her first round armbar victory over Leiticia Pestova. It was a pleasure cornering you, even though you didn’t need it and I just sat there and looked cool with my little gloves on.

It was also great meeting and talking with Erin, she’s good people and her husband fought a great fight. Congrats for his win also!

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:13 pm

Can we get a PbP of what the fight looked like?

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:10 pm
    Pro Fighter

basically leiticia threw a kick and lisa immediately took her down. leiticia had a guillotine but lisa passed her guard and leiticia tried to stand up, grabbing lisas shorts and her hair, lisa then scooped her up a bit in a double leg and slammed her, passed her guard and sort of was in a knee ride, threw a couple of punches and spun into an armbar.
    this all took like…45 seconds.
    lisa did a great job!

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

I was so glad Kellyn could make it. I had a great time with her in my corner and she was awesome with helping me get ready. Leiticia and I have a re-match in late October. Both Leiticia and I agreed to have a re-match before the fight happened. So it looks like I will be fighting then!

Also it was a great pleasure to meat Erin. Such an inspiration to myself and many others. Her husband did an awesome job like Kellyn said.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:20 am

So I see

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:26 am
    Instructor

Congrats, Lisa!

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:11 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hi Lisa and Kelly,

Lisa, things are going to be hard for a while for women in this sport. Like I said, I know, cause I have been dealing with many “things” for the last 7 years as a pro. You are a tough cookie and a great fighter 🙂 Hang in there and the best advice I can give: Pick your battles, you know? You have a great future and I am sure I’ll see you soon.

Kelly, you are a sweetheart. I look forward to seeing you in action too! When I am done fighting I will be active BEHIND the scenes. I am looking to give women the money and the fairness they deserve and help promote our sport. Good luck to you too and see you guys soon!!

Erin

And yes! My hubby is a warrior 🙂 I love him sooo much. What I like best? Getting free wrestling lessons for LIFE from a 2x national Champion and Triple Crown winner 🙂 hahahaha

FistToFace
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:37 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thats straight up Hoe!! Hows Pestova gunna fight Lisa, get her ass kicked! Then rematch her two months later when Lisa has a nice record?

Pestova emailed me the other day and tells me im to skilled to fight her and im only 0-1. 💡 ❓ 💡 ❓

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

Miss Pestova is off her rocker. Not only did the 1st match last for 41 seconds, but she also cheated by pulling my board shorts and my hair at least 3 times. Give me a break! LOL I find it sad that she feels she needs to make up stories to try to make her self look better. I guess we will just see what happens when we have our re-match!! 🙄

FistToFace
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

😥 i wanna whoop up on her too 😥

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:58 am

So this is what fighters talk about?

**backs away from thread**

oh, and who’s fisttoface?

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:39 pm
    Pro Fighter

Is the Jessica Penne fight still happening? Anyone know?

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:13 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

hi its jessica pene, they keep spelling my name wrong! last i heard leticia and i are fighting. our match is posted on the total combat card, but my manager is worried that she wont end up fighting! im keeping my fingers crossed!

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:36 pm

hey lisa, did you hit leticia in the face at all? cause she just backed out of our fight. she said that you broke her nose.

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:03 pm
    Pro Fighter

Yeah I did hit her. Only a couple of times. See I thought I might have broken her nose. I’m sorry you don’t get to fight her 🙁 You would have beaten her up I think!!

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:47 am

darn, she was suppossed to be a good oponent for my first fight-
    well hopefully they’ll find another girl.
    oh yeah, congrats on your win lisa!

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:00 pm
    Pro Fighter

yeah i really wanted to see you beat her up because ive heard good things about you and well… it would have been a great first opponent for you because you would really have gotten to showcase your skills and feel out the fight.
    i dont think leiticia is going to be fighting anymore, i guess she has figured out that to fight you actually have to train…a least thats what she wrote in an email to a good friend of mine.
    i know that seems a really bitchy thing for me to say, but ive never met anyone who treated the people around them the way she did and frankly i was sort of offended FOR lisa. she also breached a contract for your fight by fighting less than 30 days beforehand, which shows complete disregard and disrespect for the fact that you trained your ass off for the fight. i was glad the lisa fight had the outcome it did, but i knew it would.
    im just sorry youre out of a fight. i guess get used to it, it seems to happen a LOT in the WMMA community. im sure erik will find you someone if not for this onet than for a future card because hes really good about that. i bet its really disappointing for your first fight though.

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:50 pm

thank you for your kind words, i have been told that opponents back out all the time- it was very disapointing when i found out that they couldn’t find a replacement. and i dont think its bitchy at all, the girl didnt train and was taking opportunities from girls that really put their time into training.
    even though i didnt get to have my first fight, i learned a lot about myself and how hard i can push myself. so i will be that much more prepared for my next opportunity!
    thanks again!

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

thats the important part…youll be better prepared for next time and you know what youre capable of when it comes to training, so the sky’s the limit as far as how far you can push yourself next time.
    a friend and i were just talking about that the other day. hes a purple belt but is getting ready for his first mma fight and was feeling really down about how his fight training was going.
    its a different world and a rude awakening. but a good trainer will take you to where you have nothing left and demand more. but if you were going on a vacation…would you rather overpack and know you had everthing you needed, or rush it and get there only to realize you forgot something really important?
    even the best fighters get the hell beaten out of them training for their fights, so as long as you do better each time than you did the last, youre straight. the fight is the easiest potential 15 minutes of the whole ordeal…in my humble opinion.
    so im glad youre taking this as a learning experience and im sure youll be even better prepaired next time you take a fight.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:25 pm
    Pro Fighter

Very Good advice and outlook kellyn. If you dont mind, i am going to take it too along with jessica.:)
    Have they scedualed you anything else yet jessica? I am sure they will find you something:) Keep at it!

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

That’s awsome to say Kellyn. Very well put!

You’ll get that 1st fight Jessica. Keep training hard and your chance will happen. Sorry about spelling your name wrong also!

jepe13
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:39 pm

haha, sorry i hope i didnt come off as snippy about the spelling of my last name! there is no word yet as to finding another girl, but i will keep checking-
    thanks again everyone for your advice and encouragment!

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:21 pm
    Pro Fighter

dudes dont mention it. i am the QUEEN of getting all down about fight stuff…being injured all the time…losing…training like poo…stuff getting built up and then not panning out…so ive had much time to ponder the philosophy behind it.
    and everytime i am really certain im gonna quit i end up picking my bag up and going to the gym anyway, even though im not sure why.
    so, thats how i know i have to keep at it. when i can walk away for any length of time and still feel complete, then ill be finished. 😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?